PDA

View Full Version : OT: but Need to focus on this forum if I can......

skyhawka4m
December 19th, 2011, 05:06
Well its the time of year that I have for the last 13 years celebrated with a family, my wife(some to be ex.), my son and I. This year as some of you know my wife hit me with a divorce in July. Since July my life has taken some wild turns due to the divorce including the moving of my life back home. At the end of October I finally got moved and by the end of November I got about 90% settled. I share my sons custody, thankfully, 50%, I get him every other week......as of right now. Just hoping the ex. doesn't go off on one of her many tangants on me and attempt to make changes in that. The PC I use is not the best in the world since the wife got my good one but I can still do my repaints and do some flying around.

Anyway.....I felt the need to thank the folks in this forum for all their support when I was hit with the news and to this day I visit and post here almost every day. While I do have a very small close family....I consider many of you family also. This "HOBBY" has kept me going and given me some excape from the reality of my life, especially when my son is not around. Financially I have been very tight with my spending habits and it has prevented me from buying some stuff....that is until the last week or two when all the the developers are offering sales....like Warbirdsim, IRIS, Carenado, Virtavia....etc. I can only hope at some point I can get the NZ stuff ORBX is now doing. Thanks to them and all the developers for all your hard work and dedication to detail and products. I also want to thank the guys like Jankees, Jeansey, Barnes, and Bomber12th for all your awesome repaints.....all truly inspiring, and finally now I'm back to my repainting ways thanks to them and the great planes we now have to fly. Each day is a challange for me and to be honest I have some very bad/depressing days but thanks to you guys and this forum......I get through each day and I'm reminded that there is good out there in the world. My hope is to at some point become part of one of these developement teams, even if only in a small way.....just to be part of something again like I was once before.

Ok...sorry to ramble.....I just think we all need to sit back once in a while and look at life and the big picture. I think we need to keep this hobby in focus, keep it what it is...fun, support our developers, and help our developers become better with our honest critique.

My son and I wish all of you a Merry Christmas, and a Happy and Safe New Year. God Bless all of you, and thank you for being here for me.

swimeye
December 19th, 2011, 05:45
Well said and I am happy to hear that life finds a way even when it is though. Hang in there and remember that you still have the greatest gift of all, your son. Merry Christmas to both of you.

warchild
December 19th, 2011, 07:03
Hey Hawk!!!.. You find yourself hurting inside, you get yourself onto this forum and PM me. I'll be here.. Same goes for any and everyone else. Life changes and sometimes it hurts like hell, but theres no glory in going through it alone, and here, you arent alone. I have fshost, I have teamspeak, I have skype, yahoo, MSn.. Meh, we can set up enough jump flights to wear you out.. ANY of you guys start getting any thoughts in your heads, or start hurting too much, come fly with me.. Pam

Daveroo
December 19th, 2011, 09:36
well said skyhawk....i too get to feeling depressed and and as if my life is worthless and...well over...im disabled..and have gotten fat which makes life even harder ( and no..its not easy to "just lose wieght,i have medical problems causing wieght gain that doctors cant control).............arrggggg... my point is...i come to SOH and read the posts,comment..laugh..smile...i usually end up feeling better when im dont reading SOH for the day,though ive gotten introuble twice reciently for dumb coments ive made...lol...i got scoled and i repented...but coming here allways picks me up..

fliger747
December 19th, 2011, 10:37
Glad that you find some steady contact from friends here. You are not the only one who has gone through rough spots of road and found comfort from real friends. Glad that you have 50% custody, a really important thing in life. It might look a bit like the end of the world, but will likely be the start of a new and better one. "Perhaps not the end, not the beginning of the end, but the end of the beginning... " Winston C.

Best wishes: Tom

JayKae
December 20th, 2011, 02:07
Well, that is not a good year at all for you is it now ? Life has the tendency to straighten itself out though mate, how is this for a start, PM me your email and I will get you a copy of NZSI. Consider it a Christmas present from all the guys at Orbx. Merry Christmas to you and your son :)

PS If you have an account at flightsimstore.com tell me the email you have there and if not please create an account :)

jankees
December 20th, 2011, 02:29
It's sad to hear you had to go through a rough patch, but it's good to hear you still get your share of the really important bit, your son!
As for the rest, life usually has a way of straightening things out (see slightly above), just hang in there, and you know where to find us...

skyhawka4m
December 20th, 2011, 06:25
Well, that is not a good year at all for you is it now ? Life has the tendency to straighten itself out though mate, how is this for a start, PM me your email and I will get you a copy of NZSI. Consider it a Christmas present from all the guys at Orbx. Merry Christmas to you and your son :)

PS If you have an account at flightsimstore.com tell me the email you have there and if not please create an account :)

wow.....thank you very much.....this is why I continue to support you guys...I may have some FPS issues with your stuff, but it is the best in town. Thank you from the bottom of my heart......it will get used alot!

As a side note, I went to see my son play in his concert today, he plays the french horn....and this holidy thing really hit me hard......but this has helped to ease it.......if I haven't said it enough....thank you! :salute:

Henry
December 20th, 2011, 06:45
Well its the time of year that I have for the last 13 years celebrated with a family, my wife(some to be ex.), my son and I. This year as some of you know my wife hit me with a divorce in July. Since July my life has taken some wild turns due to the divorce including the moving of my life back home. At the end of October I finally got moved and by the end of November I got about 90% settled. I share my sons custody, thankfully, 50%, I get him every other week......as of right now. Just hoping the ex. doesn't go off on one of her many tangants on me and attempt to make changes in that. The PC I use is not the best in the world since the wife got my good one but I can still do my repaints and do some flying around.

Anyway.....I felt the need to thank the folks in this forum for all their support when I was hit with the news and to this day I visit and post here almost every day. While I do have a very small close family....I consider many of you family also. This "HOBBY" has kept me going and given me some excape from the reality of my life, especially when my son is not around. Financially I have been very tight with my spending habits and it has prevented me from buying some stuff....that is until the last week or two when all the the developers are offering sales....like Warbirdsim, IRIS, Carenado, Virtavia....etc. I can only hope at some point I can get the NZ stuff ORBX is now doing. Thanks to them and all the developers for all your hard work and dedication to detail and products. I also want to thank the guys like Jankees, Jeansey, Barnes, and Bomber12th for all your awesome repaints.....all truly inspiring, and finally now I'm back to my repainting ways thanks to them and the great planes we now have to fly. Each day is a challange for me and to be honest I have some very bad/depressing days but thanks to you guys and this forum......I get through each day and I'm reminded that there is good out there in the world. My hope is to at some point become part of one of these developement teams, even if only in a small way.....just to be part of something again like I was once before.

Ok...sorry to ramble.....I just think we all need to sit back once in a while and look at life and the big picture. I think we need to keep this hobby in focus, keep it what it is...fun, support our developers, and help our developers become better with our honest critique.

My son and I wish all of you a Merry Christmas, and a Happy and Safe New Year. God Bless all of you, and thank you for being here for me.

54624its easy to get 'consumed' just never lose sight of the important things,peopleand friends,they are all around:applause:

take care
H:applause:

Roger
December 20th, 2011, 07:07
What Henry said:ernae:

Please take care.

JayKae
December 20th, 2011, 13:55
Alright, go and have a look under the tree mate :)

You are most welcome !

Merry Christmas !

strykerpsg
December 20th, 2011, 14:06
Alright, go and have a look under the tree mate :)

You are most welcome !

Merry Christmas !

Wow Jaykae! Absolutely a fantastic gesture from you and your team to give to someone experiencing such difficulty in his life for now. May you also have a blessed holiday and Merry Christmas. Also, thank you for doing such a great job on the PNW, Australia and now New Zealand. Also, OT, are you ever going to replicate Sydney or Melbourne in splendor?

Matt

Kiwikat
December 20th, 2011, 20:20
As a side note, I went to see my son play in his concert today, he plays the french horn....and this holidy thing really hit me hard......but this has helped to ease it.......if I haven't said it enough....thank you! :salute:

That is really cool! French horn was always one of my favorites, despite playing trumpet myself. Make sure he keeps on going with the band thing. It was the only thing I truly enjoyed in high school...

Merry Christmas! I hope the new year brings you better fortune.

JayKae
December 21st, 2011, 21:36
Hey no worries mate, thank you for the kind words, I will relay it to the team, Merry Christmas everyone :)

robcap
December 21st, 2011, 22:00
What Henry said:ernae:Please take care.Ditto, take care, skyhawk