PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or is the SOH site running slow?

mrjmaint
December 16th, 2011, 19:04
Is it my systems or are the SOH site pages loading slow?

Over the last day and a half the site pages have been loading slow and incomplete. Somtimes the pages come up with an unable to load error. It has happened when I was uploading files and when browsing the forum.

This is the third try at posting this message.

Thanks.

SSI01
December 16th, 2011, 19:38
I am experiencing the same problem on this end - have to hit "Forums" tab twice to get forums to load. Also sometimes have to twice enter password as the first time it is typed in the password begins to show, which it should not do. Unsure what is causing this situation. I can state this is the only FS site I visit where this is occurring.

richcreator
December 16th, 2011, 19:52
Yep! definitely a problem with the site, . . . .
happened about the same time the new holiday decorations took effect, which are nice.

KellyB
December 17th, 2011, 04:19
Not having any problems here.

I have had times when it does seem to take longer to load, but can't assign it to any particular reason.

Traffic at a particular node can do it, so it's tough to ferret out.

I don't see any problem with SOH itself, especially once the connection is made.

hairyspin
December 17th, 2011, 07:22
No worries here either.

wsmwsm
December 17th, 2011, 09:21
It's extremely slow. It took 4-5 minutes just to get on here to reply to this thread.

middle
December 17th, 2011, 11:47
It may be due to the xmas theme..I believ you can switch themes in your user CP. The admins are aware of the issue.. mid

Go to the bottom of the page and you will see a box where you can switch themes.

Dangerousdave26
December 17th, 2011, 11:50
It is an ISP issue. We were discussing it in the FS2004 forum and the only people having trouble are on Comcast cable.

Read threw this post and you will see the only people having trouble are Comcast customers.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?60769-Is-SOH-sloooow

middle
December 17th, 2011, 11:56
Rich Creator...are you a friend of Bill W's?

mrjmaint
December 17th, 2011, 19:21
It is an ISP issue. We were discussing it in the FS2004 forum and the only people having trouble are on Comcast cable.

Read threw this post and you will see the only people having trouble are Comcast customers.

I read through the post above.

I changed back to the blue and white theme and things did improve. But, I first noticed the problem when the upper left picture appeared and that dose not go away when I change the color theme.

Yes I am on Comcast so it is just my 2 cents.

wsmwsm
December 18th, 2011, 05:22
Changing settings made virtually no difference. And I am Comcast. SOH has now become almost unusable.

Dangerousdave26
December 18th, 2011, 05:54
We are working with other members to come up with proof it is a comcast issue so comcast customers may take that proof to them as evidence.

This will take some time to compile.

Please be patient

Tailwind
December 18th, 2011, 06:44
Hello

Comcast users

Open a command prompt and type in

tracert www.sim-outhouse.com

It will display all of the hops it takes to get to SOH. It well also display the time in milliseconds it takes to hit the hop. Look for timeouts and also very high times. Make a note of the names and IP of the hops that are troublesome

Also in command prompt run

ping www.sim-outhouse.com -t

This will run a continuous ping to SOH. Look for high time responses or timeouts. One timeout in 50 replies would be OK. Seeing many timeouts or fluctuating times is not normal.

Cheers

TW

mrjmaint
December 18th, 2011, 08:30
Here is a .txt file of my tracert.

Dangerousdave26
December 18th, 2011, 08:44
Please see CK response in the FS2004 forum

middle
December 18th, 2011, 09:22
Yes it is indeed a Comcast issue.