PDA

View Full Version : Mohawk Startup

falcon409
December 16th, 2011, 12:13
I don't exactly know why I've suddenly got this problem, it just seems to have appeared out of nowhere. I cannot get Tim's Mohawk to start. Starting from a cold dark cockpit, all electrical switches on, 88% fuel onboard, fuel controls open. . . .start switch to on position for Left Engine and it just sits there and goes through that annoying start-up sound that loops over and over and over. . . .ad nauseam. I have succeeded in getting the engines running by first starting with a Cessna and then switching, but I want to figure out why it won't start on it's own. Has anyone else run into this. . . . .not with other airplanes please. I only want to know if anyone has had this problem with this airplane. Thanks!

hschuit
December 16th, 2011, 13:16
Hi Ed, did you make sure your mixture is set to max rich before you crank her up? Default keys: Shft-Ctrl-F4.
In real life turbine engines do not have mixture levers but MS decided that in FSX they cannot run without mixture set to rich. You could add this code to the starters (Engine Start L.xml, Engine Start R.xml) which ensures mixture is always max rich:

cheers, Henk

Mach3DS
December 16th, 2011, 13:40
I've had the same issue before. Do you have a alternate saved default flight? For whatever reason (I don't have the answer to) FSX will bring old flight data information into the start of a new flight. For example if I've saved a default flight in a mirage III and shut her down at the end of the flight for some reason that shut down engine carries over into ALL of my consecutive flights, and I can no longer start the engines (with what you've experienced). You can't just recreate the default flight within FSX either. You need to delete the flight altogether. Start FSX, you will get a warning that the flight doesn't exist. FSX will recreate the default flight for you. Voila! (for me anyway) all my flights work as advertised, cold and dark or fully on. Start up, shut down, whatever you like, no issues...not sure why. But there you have it. Hopefully that helps. Just my experience.

falcon409
December 16th, 2011, 14:40
Rick,

I've heard of that in the past but never experienced it (lucky I guess). . . .until now. Your suggestion corrected the problem and the Mohawk is in the air again. Thanks for that.:salute:

Mach3DS
December 16th, 2011, 21:24
Np! Would have been horrible to enter the holidays with moratorium on FSX! :) Glad to be of service.

thunder100
December 16th, 2011, 23:17
Rick,

I've heard of that in the past but never experienced it (lucky I guess). . . .until now. Your suggestion corrected the problem and the Mohawk is in the air again. Thanks for that.:salute:

There is one more thing in FSX.On Piston engines Normalized Starter torque is set as low as possible to make the startupsequence look nice(prop turn) but sometimes too low to start the engine.Now this is not common to all users as the minimum rpm to fire up depend on the FPS your rig delivers(believe me true!! we had lots of issues when we made the Connies)-->and it is worse on Turboprops(YC-121).

On the piston ones you increase the normalized torque on the account of less nice startup sequence and on the turboprops where you have no entry in the aircraft cfg(or air file) you
1.)eliminate open programms and windows which hits your FPS
2.)and then reload the plane

Roland

italoc
December 19th, 2011, 07:09
Rick,

Hi Falcon,
now that she is in the air again, where are your new textures for her (promised loooong time ago) ????? :wiggle:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon23.gif Just jocking http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon25.gif
Italo