PDA

View Full Version : Do you remember this

hey_moe
December 17th, 2008, 03:49
A while back I posted a thread where a bicyclist had a clash with a poice officer. Some in here said that there was more to the story than what we were seeing....well here is the result >>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10125084-93.html?tag=newsLatestHeadlinesArea.0

cheezyflier
December 17th, 2008, 06:25
the original thread had more posts over the course of a week than any i had seen here at the outhouse. both sides of the issue were represented somewhat vociferously. i wonder what it will be this time?

from what i saw on the video, and reading the falsified report, it seemed clear what had happened. the fact that critical mass routinely behaves abhorrently doesn't justify bad behavior on the part of law enforcement.
sadly, there are some who have trouble setting aside one officer from all police everywhere.

Dangerousdave26
December 17th, 2008, 06:52
And he was only on the force for 3 weeks prior to that.

This begs the question What kind of police training are they receiving that the new guy will do something like that right out of the chute?:isadizzy:

Lionheart
December 17th, 2008, 07:52
Its good to see the right thing happen in justice.

Horrible that we've got thugs out there that hide behind a badge. Makes the police look bad. I say double penalty....

Bill

Daveroo
December 17th, 2008, 08:35
thought better

Silver Fox
December 17th, 2008, 08:56
Please remember that as we try not to paint all police officers with the same brush, we must extend the same consideration to CM.

Sounds like the CM guy got what he deserved... now to see if the same applies to the officer who abused the badge.

TARPSBird
December 17th, 2008, 10:24
What we don't see on the original video is what happened out of the camera's field of view that caused the officer to suddenly move to the left and clobber the cyclist. It would not excuse the officer's behavior after the incident but it may explain why he did it in the first place. Just like the last time around, I predict a lot more heat than light being generated by this thread. :frown:

Cratermaker
December 17th, 2008, 11:04
In any case, it's pretty obvious that the officer lied in his report. If the lies come that easy for him, what else has he or will he lie about? Not good police material in my opinion, regardless of who said/did what before/after the incident.

cheezyflier
December 17th, 2008, 11:53
Sounds like the CM guy got what he deserved.

really? what was that exactly? a night in jail and being roughed up by police
for a crime he didn't commit? if participating in critical mass is all that's needed to justify police brutality, then maybe the guy needs to call amnesty international.

What we don't see on the original video is what happened out of the camera's field of view that caused the officer to suddenly move to the left and clobber the cyclist. It would not excuse the officer's behavior after the incident but it may explain why he did it in the first place. Just like the last time around, I predict a lot more heat than light being generated by this thread. :frown:

actually, it wouldn't explain things. it is already established fact that he falsified his report. it is already established that no other officers have come forward to support him. if he had a legitimate reason to do what he did, there would be no need for lies and intimidation. there would be other officers to back up claims (that he hasn't made, btw) of the cyclist doing something off camera. if there was any evidence of the cyclist having done anything he would have been charged by now.

Dangerousdave26
December 17th, 2008, 12:18
thought better

Some times we do that and we are right then.

really? what was that exactly? a night in jail and being roughed up by police
for a crime he didn't commit? if participating in critical mass is all that's needed to justify police brutality, then maybe the guy needs to call amnesty international.

No cheezyflier

He was responding to Daveroo's post that Daveroo deleted for his reasons.

No it is not in that story but if you search youtube you should find it.

It was blatant that the cyclist did no wrong even if he was a member of the group.

Find the video it is on the net somewhere and form your own opinion.

Silver Fox
December 17th, 2008, 20:19
cheesy, the last part of my post concerned a message that has now been edited... it concerned another case, but one where the CM guy was the aggressor. Abuse the right to peacefully protest and you deserve what comes down the pipe, abuse the right to protect the peaceful protestor... same deal.

Snuffy
December 18th, 2008, 05:50
Here we go again ... :bs:

Thanks for stirring the pot Moe ... :banghead:

hey_moe
December 18th, 2008, 06:01
Ted, I wasn't stirring the pot....just following up from the original story :173go1:
Here we go again ... :bs:

Thanks for stirring the pot Moe ... :banghead:

Snuffy
December 18th, 2008, 06:05
Ted, I wasn't stirring the pot....just following up from the original story :173go1:

Yeah Mike, I know. When I saw the story I honestly thought about posting it too ... but then thought better of it ... :redf: :costumes: