PDA

View Full Version : Problem with tank gun sounds in CFS 3 ETO

airfighter55
December 14th, 2011, 00:10
Hi Fighters,

my problem is, that some tank gun sounds are ok but other don't work (no gun sound- Panzer III,IV, Kingtiger,Jagdpanther, Wirbelwind)

Can you tell me, which lines(!) of the .cfg or .xlm files of the tank folder is responsible for the connection to the main sound folder for the gun sounds ?!

I would be very grateful for help.

Best wishes
airfighter55:salute::medals:

Capt. Winters
December 14th, 2011, 11:41
Hi airfighter55,

There are two files you need to look at when trying to work out why sounds arnt working on a given weapon.

1st the xdp file of the aircraft/vehicle you are using.

near the top of each aircraft/vehicle xdp file there is a gunstations section. this lists the types of weapons, and the directions they can point rates of fire etc used by the aircraft/vehicle.

in this case its the Panzer III. if you read through you will see a list of type names. these are the names of the individual files found in th egun folder of your install, if you go over to that folder and open the corresponding gun xdp file. Inside the gun xdp files you find information about the round and the effects (including sound) which are used by the round.

In the example below I found that the Machine gun round being called for was missing part of the text in the xdp file that called out which sound was to be used. see below in red text.

If you open up your ETO_f_lightmg_gnd.xdp file and copy and paste the text in red below into your file then delete its associated .bdp file you will get the required mg sound in the PanzerIII and IV.

I'll check the rest over the next couple of nights.

HTH's

regards Rob.

AIRCRAFT XDP file w40_g_pzkw_IIIe_00

<GunStations>
<GunStation UpLimit="30" DownLimit="10" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="15" SystemID="upper_turret_gun" Tracer="0" Trainable="1" Trigger="0" Type="ETO_g_37mm_gnd" Name="37mm Cannon" ConvergeDistance="0" Pitch="0" MaxAmmo="99" UseSmallFlash="0"/>
<GunStation UpLimit="15" DownLimit="15" LeftLimit="360" RightLimit="360" RateLimit="15" SystemID="right_guns" Tracer="50" Trainable="1" Trigger="1" Type="ETO_f_lightmg_gnd" Name="Co-axial MG" ConvergeDistance="0" Pitch="0" MaxAmmo="1350" UseSmallFlash="1"/>
<GunStation UpLimit="10" DownLimit="10" LeftLimit="10" RightLimit="10" RateLimit="15" SystemID="left_guns" Tracer="50" Trainable="1" Trigger="1" Type="ETO_f_lightmg_gnd" Name="Bow MG" ConvergeDistance="0" Pitch="0" MaxAmmo="1350" UseSmallFlash="1"/>
<GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="15" SystemID="right_guns" Tracer="50" Trainable="1" Trigger="1" Type="ETO_f_lightmg_gnd" Name="Co-axial MG" ConvergeDistance="0" Pitch="0" MaxAmmo="1350" UseSmallFlash="1"/>
</GunStations>

GUN XDP file ETO_f_lightmg_gnd

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<UnitData>
<General Allegience="neutral" LongName="Light MG" ShortName="Light MG" ModelName="" BlastDamageScale="1.0" ImpactDamageScale="1.0" FireDamageScale="1.0" Priority="2" Type="gun" EnteredService="01/01/1930" BlastDamageMod="0" ImpactDamageMod="0" FireDamageMod="0" AllowSpawn="n" Category="weapon" Country="neutral"/>
<Description String="ETO Light Machine Gun French Hotchkiss"/>
<Loadouts/>
<GunStations/>
<DamageBoxes/>
<Systems/>
<Gun GunType="gun" TargetCategory="wheeled,tracked" SoundName="c303" Range="300" Rate="8" MuzzleVelocity="700" TimeAlive="1" Noise="0.1" DefaultWeapon="ETO_rifle_gnd"/>
</UnitData>