PDA

View Full Version : Incredible 2011 Earthquake graphics......

luckydog
December 13th, 2011, 20:24
Its in Japanese, but easy to figure out..........
just wait for the pop-corn and the Gatlin gun in Japan !!

http://youtu.be/zNGqDRElI44

HouseHobbit
December 13th, 2011, 21:29
Truly shocking, I did not realize how many earthquakes had taken place world wide..
This puts this in a whole new light..
Frightening..

Lazerbeak
December 13th, 2011, 21:31
It's impressive work. You can see very clearly and in a chilling way how powerful Eastern Japan great earthquake was. It's like a huge hammer strike upon it, which becomes terrible to remember. I hope nobody in any part of the world has to suffer something like that again.

By this graphic you can see how much places like Japan, New Zealand, South East Asia, and Chile gets creamed by earthquakes activity.

It's very interesting to see it, but also very sad and frightening.

Daveroo
December 14th, 2011, 08:42
shows the true power of the "ring of fire"

n4gix
December 14th, 2011, 08:58
Good grief! The presentation is very dramatic. It reminds me of the time-lapsed graphic of the atomic bomb testing.

PeteHam
December 14th, 2011, 10:11
That's an incredible record of the quakes in the Pacific.

There was a similar video done to record the quakes in Christchurch NZ ( in excess of 7500 !! )

Pete.

demorier
December 14th, 2011, 15:19
There was another one at 7.1 in Papua New Guinea yesterday Wed. 14th Dec. don't think it caused much damage being deep underground area.

Matt Wynn
December 14th, 2011, 23:56
Being Greek (by Birth) i know Earthquakes all too well the neighbouring island to where i'm from, Nisyros is classed as an active volcano, and sometimes has a little shudder, even if ya don't feel it you see it via the wave height... but yeah really shows the ordeal the Japanese had to suffer through, and globally how 'alive' our planet really is, and how powerful the pacific ring of fire and the activity of the plates... quite a few minor height and orientation changes globally by minor boy do i mean minor.... thousandths of a millimeter most likely....

cputters
December 15th, 2011, 12:34
Wow!

Dangerousdave26
December 15th, 2011, 15:36
If you really want to be in a small amount of shock. For all of us in the US here is a little known fact.

Historically Oklahoma City area gets 50ish Earthquakes a year. Most of them are hardly noticeable.

Last year they had over 1,100. A lot of them are very noticeable.

On top of that there is a trend just about every week this year there are earthquakes across the US in places you don't expect them. Again most of these are not noticeable but they have become more frequent.

Its not uncommon now to see this in Google Earth everyday.

If you are interested here is a KMZ file of the places I use to track Global Earthquakes and other seismic events.

I watch this stuff on a daily basis.