PDA

View Full Version : Repaint Request?

Mach3DS
December 13th, 2011, 20:01
For the FSD YF-23A...specifically the darker -800 model seen here:http://www.ausairpower.net/YF-23-Dem-Val-1.jpg
The package comes with a dark version but is clearly too dark and almost looks black. If anyone is up for the challenge or just looking for another repaint project...there you go! :kilroy:

Bone
December 14th, 2011, 05:45
I've been on the fence with this model for about a year now. I click on the FSD site about every two weeks or so and mull it over, but never can bring myself to pull the trigger and get it.

Mach3DS
December 14th, 2011, 08:38
This is one of my favorite airplanes in reality. I love the concept aircraft and wish more developers would recreate them. There are a few things that I don't like about it. The afterburner is blue and I believe part of the model, but it doesn't look too bad (and honestly you don't need to use it much as this bird has power). The systems are fairly detailed (not to a VRS or A2A or now even the new milviz or IRIS level) but still fun to just get in and go. i just wish the true Dark grey scheme had been included instead of the over done Thunderbirds whatif scheme that seems to make it into every iteration of concept aircraft...

I really enjoy recreating test flights in FSX. In reality I can't fly every airplane "by the book". There's just too many of them. So I've been documenting what I find with performance with certain aircraft; this being one of them.