PDA

View Full Version : Subaru pull out of WRC!

brian1305
December 17th, 2008, 00:22
:frown::frown:
Sad News!

http://www.sportinglife.com/others/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=others/08/12/17/AUTO_Subaru_Hembery.html

wombat666
December 17th, 2008, 02:32
Interesting to see three Japanese manufacturers depart two major motorsport series.
It might be an indication of just how seriously Japan is taking the 'Global Recession'.
IMHO, this won't hurt the WRC too much, as it has been a 'Privateer' driven championship for decades.
In fact, if Ford and Citroen departed I think we could have a very good WRC, provided the private entrants are supported to a certain level, after all, a return to the days of Gr.N wouldn't be a bad thing.
:kilroy:

Ferry_vO
December 17th, 2008, 11:43
a return to the days of Gr.N wouldn't be a bad thing.

From 2010 the WRC will be based on the supersport 2000 rules, but with a turbo, so much simpler and cheaper cars to operate.

Honda seem to have been hit the hardest; after the F1 team they have now announced that development of the new NSX has been halted, and according to rumours they will hold a press conference on friday where they will tell the world that they will retreat from MotoGP as well......

smoores
December 17th, 2008, 16:58
I can't imagine what the WRC will be without Subaru. Hopefully one day they can return:frown:

EasyEd
December 17th, 2008, 17:40
Hey All,

Bummer! Likewise Suzuki.

On the brighter side can I have one of the old cars? :icon_lol: I'll even take the suzuki!

-Ed-

wombat666
December 17th, 2008, 21:19
From 2010 the WRC will be based on the supersport 2000 rules, but with a turbo, so much simpler and cheaper cars to operate.
Honda seem to have been hit the hardest; after the F1 team they have now announced that development of the new NSX has been halted, and according to rumours they will hold a press conference on friday where they will tell the world that they will retreat from MotoGP as well......

No sign of a MotoGP departure so far but anything is possible! The red teams are all Hond mounted.

The provisional entry list for MotoGP in 2009 has been released by the Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM) as follows:
3. DANI PEDROSA, REPSOL HONDA TEAM
4. ANDREA DOVIZIOSO, REPSOL HONDA TEAM
5. COLIN EDWARDS, TECH 3 YAMAHA
7. CHRIS VERMEULEN, RIZLA SUZUKI MOTOGP
14. RANDY DE PUNIET, LCR HONDA MOTOGP
15. ALEX DE ANGELIS, SAN CARLO HONDA GRESINI
21. JOHN HOPKINS, KAWASAKI RACING TEAM
24. TONI ELIAS, SAN CARLO HONDA GRESINI
27. CASEY STONER, DUCATI MARLBORO TEAM
33. MARCO MELANDRI, KAWASAKI RACING TEAM
36. MIKA KALLIO, PRAMAC RACING
46. VALENTINO ROSSI, FIAT YAMAHA TEAM