PDA

View Full Version : accidental fs9 rain effect files into fsx...which ones to delete?

pilottj
December 12th, 2011, 18:13
Hey folks, was installing my old copy of the WOP FW Long nose series into fsx. Since I didn't have FS9 installed, I was able to install it directly into FSX, then followed the instructions on the A2A forum. It looks pretty good, except I think the A2A Long Nose FS9 installer put rain effects files into FSX. Which files are they so I can delete them?

CHeers
TJ

pilottj
December 12th, 2011, 19:21
nevermind, all fixed with flight1s handly little vcrain fix tool.

Long nose looks pretty good in FSX, the only issue so far is prop in cloud texture issue.

n4gix
December 13th, 2011, 08:12
nevermind, all fixed with flight1s handly little vcrain fix tool.

Long nose looks pretty good in FSX, the only issue so far is prop in cloud texture issue.

Actually, you never had a problem to begin with! FSX never had any "vcrain" texture files anyway, and adding the default FS9 "vcrain" textures is the official MS solution for enabling FS9 aircraft to have working "vcrain" when being used in FSX.

The Flight1 "vcrain fix tool" simply overwrote the working "vcrain textures" with blank dummy textures... as such, it's more of an "unfixer" than a "fixer!"