PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Harbor Arena

hurricane3
December 11th, 2011, 06:22
I downloaded the Pearl Harbor Arena scenery and mission ,the scenery downloaded ok but the mission won't work. It is in the mission folder and shows in the list of missions under USAAF but when I try to run it it says the B25 B is missing and then it says it's either not installed correctly or the mission file is corrupt.
The scenery downloaded fine but it also says it can't find a mission.
The mission depects the two P-40's B's ,which I have, that got airborne in the movie Tora Tora Tora . I got it from Simviation.
I can't find a B-25 B for CFS2 anywhere only repaints of later B 25's in the colors of the B-25's used in the Dolittle raid.
Anyone have any ideas why the mission won't load?Please make it simple if you do cause I'am not an expert in these things.
I also downloaed the Pearl Harbor mission ,also from Simviation it's a Japenese mission and works fine.
If I can't get the Pearl Harbor Arena to work ,I can either start in Freeflight with the P 40 on the ground at either Wheeler Field or Hickam ,take off then switch to quick combat over either Wheeler of Hickam, or start the Japanese mission on the carrier with a P 40 or P 36 then x to Pearl and go from there.That has the advantage of there being ships ,smoke and AA fire to fly through.

Worthless
December 11th, 2011, 14:31
Hurricane3,

Are you speaking of Talon's new missions? (php2 Pearl Harbor missions.zip)

There is no B25B in this zip as far as I can tell.
The P-40's are Lindsay Watt's new P-40's and you'll have to get them from his websight.
Talon has included new .cfg files for them in his zip.

My install loaded up fine. I had a few hic ups with AC not showing up, but it was all my mistakes and I was able to work it out.

kwb737
December 11th, 2011, 15:16
Hurricane3,

Are you speaking of Talon's new missions? (php2 Pearl Harbor missions.zip)

There is no B25B in this zip as far as I can tell.
The P-40's are Lindsay Watt's new P-40's and you'll have to get them from his websight.
Talon has included new .cfg files for them in his zip.

My install loaded up fine. I had a few hic ups with AC not showing up, but it was all my mistakes and I was able to work it out.

No I believe he is talking about the mission "Pearl Harbor Arena" found at the Simviation site.

hurricane3
December 11th, 2011, 15:23
The download I'am speaking of is called Pearl Harbor Arena and has Pearl scenery plus a mission depecting Welch and Taylors P 40 flights during the raid as depected in the movie Tora Tora Tora. It has a self installer but you have to set the scenery in the scenery library which I did so I have the Pearl Scenery but not the mission ,though it shows in my mission file and in the sim under USAAF.
It's by Robert Glen and I got it from Simviation.
The one that works is by Durward Bixler and just has Ford Island with ships and flack and is from the Japenese viewpoint.
If I go to Wheeler or Hickam field either through QC or Free flight all the scenery is there except the ships and flack, but if I fly the Japanese mission I have ships(Battleship row ) and other ships and flack.
It's just the mission in Pearl Harbor Arena that doesn't load and wants a B 25 B, then I get the usual error message that It should be reinstalled or I have a corrupted file or something like that.

olaf1924
December 11th, 2011, 17:16
Hurricane you could swap out the B-25 for a different version using mission dynamic version 2 and see how the mission loads. The B-25 could be part of the scenery or the actual mission. :wavey:

hurricane3
December 11th, 2011, 18:12
It asked if I wanted to swap the B 25 for an A 36 Apache that I have ,(why the A 36 I'll never know) and I did that with no change. The only B 25 is one thats on the ramp in front of the hangers and it's there ,I don't think it's part of the mission ,just an AI static plane.

olaf1924
December 11th, 2011, 19:55
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/#download B-25B

olaf1924
December 11th, 2011, 20:04
Roger Dial did a B-25b it is over at simviation under cfs2 Roger Dial page 3 archives. The soh link seems to be dead.

hurricane3
December 12th, 2011, 07:41
I downloaded the plane you told me about ,had to add a panel and sound and since it came up as a B-25 J although all the files say B-25B I renamed it in the config file B-25B. Then I found it wanted an Alpha B-25B and I couldn't find one under the old Alpha page of downloads so I give up, I'll just have to work around it as I have in the past.
Thankyou so much for trying to help

kwb737
December 12th, 2011, 09:22
I downloaded the plane you told me about ,had to add a panel and sound and since it came up as a B-25 J although all the files say B-25B I renamed it in the config file B-25B. Then I found it wanted an Alpha B-25B and I couldn't find one under the old Alpha page of downloads so I give up, I'll just have to work around it as I have in the past.
Thankyou so much for trying to help

Don't give up. In your mission file where it says Alpha B-25B just replace that with the name of the folder of your new B-25 you just downloaded and you should be good to go.

hurricane3
December 12th, 2011, 10:15
I already have the Alpha B-25J so I put it into the mission folder and now it says it can't find the Alpha B-25 J in the library even though it's there, so it's a lost cause. Thank you for trying.

kwb737
December 12th, 2011, 11:38
I already have the Alpha B-25J so I put it into the mission folder and now it says it can't find the Alpha B-25 J in the library even though it's there, so it's a lost cause. Thank you for trying.

Wow that's weird. You could just try using your stock B-25D making sure that the name of the plane in the mission file matches exactly the name on the aircraft folder. Example> B25D_MITCHELL

hurricane3
December 12th, 2011, 13:40
I tried changing to the stock B 25D_Mitchell ,now it says it can't find that. When you get to the mission briefing ,it say " Multiswap to Pearl Arena, IJN DP swap to Japnese & US DP swap to American.Start at Wheeler AAF " then goes on to say where the Japanese go in their attck. Give some co ordinates . I have no idea what all this means.
Since I can kinda work around the mission as I said in my previous posts ,I'am giving up on makeing this mission work as advertised.
I'am wondering that since this was a self installer that some files are missing or corrupt.I have all the Pearl scenery and the separate mission called Pearl Harbor from the Japanese view point seems to blend in with the other scenery ,I'am going to leave it go as is.
Oh it says in the readme that you have to have WheelerAAF and P-40 USAAC , their are two Wheeler fields included in the scenery but I may have the wrong P-40 installed but I can't find any other P-40's,I've installed all I can find.
Also there is a separate thumbs dp but I don't know where to put it as under scenery in the Pearl Harbor Arena folder there is already a thumbs dp. So any way I've spent so much time trying to get this mission to work I'am giving up, thankyou so much for all you did trying to help make this mission work as it's supposed to.

p14u2nv
December 12th, 2011, 16:35
Seems you've installed one of the old multiswap mission files. They were used for online flight during online multi player years ago. This explains why your file installation, and subsequent problems, isn't working properly.

kdriver
December 12th, 2011, 17:50
Hi Hurricane3,

Don't give up - as p14u2nv says, that mission was meant for multiplayer use. Instead, download the beautiful Pearl Harbor Project scenery and the great missions by Talon and Captain Kurt - all found here at SOH.

A number of downloads are required but it's worth it. The island of Oahu is transformed with detailed mesh and very accurate airfield scenery, Pearl Harbour and downtown Honolulu.

As for B-25B's, Tom Sanford (Tango_Romeo) has made many fantastic B-25's. There is a skin for a B-25B - the Doolittle Raider "Hari-Kari-Er".

Kevin

Talon
December 12th, 2011, 19:08
My Pearl Harbor Missions are not at SOH they are at http://forum.lwdesigns.com.au/.

When I changed to Lindsay's P-40b I uploaded the missions at his site.

I've known Lindsay for over 10 years and have alot of respect for him.So out of respect whenever I use his planes I upload to his site.

Talon

hurricane3
December 13th, 2011, 07:24
Thanks to all who responded to my problems. I now know why I have problems with that mission,I thought I did somthing wrong.I'am too afraid I'd mess something up with the Pearl harbor scenery that did install correctly and the Japanese mission that does work properly , so I'am giving up for now.
Thanks again