PDA

View Full Version : Messerschmitt BF-110 by A F Scrub

Ian Warren
December 10th, 2011, 15:56
Messerschmitt BF-110 by A F Scrub , making a brilliant FSX debut , this is one type that has always interested me after buying the book about
LG-1 Zerstorer Gruppe , 1939-1941 , this course being the later G variant distinguished by the larger engine intake and twin MG-81 in the rear .
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2010%20Flightsim/2Custom-46.jpg
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2010%20Flightsim/3Custom-43.jpg
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/Ian_Warren/2010%20Flightsim/1Custom-54.jpg
Ideal for you multiplay combats and war scene screens :salute:

Hurricane91
December 10th, 2011, 19:20
That is real nice. Thank you for posting the screenshots Ian.

Daube
December 10th, 2011, 21:00
Well, that virtual cockpit doesn't look bad in this screenshot, which is quite a change compared to the various planes from M.Scrub I could try in the recent past.
Usually, when I would see his name on a model, I would expect a nice external model but a virtual cockpit pretty much far away from what I enjoy.
When did that change ?

Ian Warren
December 10th, 2011, 21:06
When did that change ?
Obviously this Christmas Season :icon_lol:

Anneke
December 10th, 2011, 21:42
What and where? Download?, new?

Ian Warren
December 10th, 2011, 21:50
What and where? Download?, new?

Sorry silly me , took it granted most check out Flightsim.com daily so run across there :running:

Mathias
December 10th, 2011, 23:56
By A F Scrub ????
That's our old Groundcrew Design Group Bf110 with some other 2d gauges thrown into the cockpit.

stiz
December 11th, 2011, 00:18
scrub has a history of takeing others stuff, tweaking em, then uploading em.

oldpropfan
December 11th, 2011, 00:19
Looked like it'd be pretty easy on the frames so I thought I'd give it a shot, this was in the readme:

CREDITS
=======
Special thanks to :
-Mathias Pommerien for the Visual Model and Panel .
-Alessandro Biagi for the textures

Didn't see anything where he claimed it was his work, just that he did some changes to make it FSX friendly. Hope he didn't violate anybodies EULA by uploading the whole model along with his mods as it's a nice plane to buzz around in.

Al

Mathias
December 11th, 2011, 00:23
Hope he didn't violate anybodies EULA by uploading the whole model along with his mods as it's a nice plane to buzz around in.

Al

Nothing serious really other than not asking permission to upload the files and not including our original readme.
His legal notes are bull btw as he isbn't in the position to expand on other guy's legal restrictions, hence why we always ask to include our original readme. :-)

thunder100
December 11th, 2011, 00:27
By A F Scrub ????
That's our old Groundcrew Design Group Bf110 with some other 2d gauges thrown into the cockpit.

YES

Roland

Willy
December 11th, 2011, 00:32
Every time I read "by AF Scrub", I wonder who's stuff is he uploading this time?

oldpropfan
December 11th, 2011, 00:38
Nothing serious really other than not asking permission to upload the files and not including our original readme.
His legal notes are bull btw as he isbn't in the position to expand on other guy's legal restrictions, hence why we always ask to include our original readme. :-)

In that case, Mathias, into the recycle bin it goes and I'll go search out your original work instead.

Mathias
December 11th, 2011, 00:40
Na, keep it and enjoy it.
Since it's freeware there's no harm done really.
Our old stuff can be found here btw:
http://www.regshanger.com/Groundcrew/homepage/Ground%20Crew%20Design%20Group%20Official%20Websit e.htm

Naismith
December 11th, 2011, 00:59
Slightly suffers from the old cross over problem of props and clouds, otherwise a nice addition, and as stated the 'pit looks great.

oldpropfan
December 11th, 2011, 01:05
Thank you Mathias and thanks for the link, some nice looking stuff there. Might have to reinstall CF3, that Do-17 looks interesting.

Al

robert41
December 11th, 2011, 01:20
Thanks for the HU. And thanks Mathias for the original design.

Ian Warren
December 11th, 2011, 01:26
By A F Scrub ????

Thanks for the 110 Mathias . :applause:

getting the know about the authors , i'll read the doc's next time , i took A F Scrub as a single designer .

Roger
December 11th, 2011, 03:33
I thought I recognised it as I read the first post and saw the screenshots. I'm baffled as to why people do this...without a by your leave??

SteveB
December 11th, 2011, 03:36
I thought I recognised it as I read the first post and saw the screenshots. I'm baffled as to why people do this...without a by your leave??

Simples old chap they are ignorant muppets.

Stalin

Roger
December 11th, 2011, 03:41
Hi Steve,
I think you've got it right:santahat:

mjahn
December 11th, 2011, 06:37
Well, that's very generous of you Mathias.

For what it's worth (i.e. obviously nothing) Flightsim's Upload instructions state quite clearly that

<tbody>

1) Obtain all necessary permission(s) for anything you are using
based on another designer's work.

Don't use other people's work without their
permission.

</tbody>

and Nels if notified will remove any uploads not conforming to the rules (and this is rule # 1). I do think F Scrub should be told.

thunder100
December 11th, 2011, 06:48
I am not sure anymore wether I did myself(getting old) but in the aircraft cfg it states this

texture=
KB_checklists = CheckList_Bf 110 G2
description=Messerschmitt Bf 110 G2 Heavy fighter
ui_manufacturer =Messerschmitt
ui_type = Bf-110 G-2
ui_variation = Schwerer Jäger
ui_createdby=Ground Crew Design
ui_typerole=WW2 Fighter Bomber

So he did know

Roland

Mathias
December 11th, 2011, 06:59
Well, that's very generous of you Mathias.

For what it's worth (i.e. obviously nothing) Flightsim's Upload instructions state quite clearly that

and Nels if notified will remove any uploads not conforming to the rules (and this is rule # 1). I do think F Scrub should be told.

Thanks mjahn,

yes I know, I delt with Nels in the past on such matters and he always handles these things in the best possible way.
Don't worry too much about all this though, I'll drop Mr Scrub a note at occasion asking him to stick to the proper procedures next time around.
In the meantime enjoy his edits.

Naismith
December 11th, 2011, 10:50
Simples old chap they are ignorant muppets.

Stalin

Henry
December 11th, 2011, 12:19
That is real nice. Thank you for posting the screenshots Ian.i will go along with that thanks:applause:
H

Lateral-G
December 11th, 2011, 16:44
Slightly suffers from the old cross over problem of props and clouds..............

That's a deal breaker for me........but do hope others enjoy it.

Mathias
December 11th, 2011, 23:59
That's a deal breaker for me........but do hope others enjoy it.

I'm surprised that it works at all since it's an original FS2002 model.:icon_lol:

peter12213
December 12th, 2011, 09:51
One thing we need is a good 110 for fsx. The Zestorer was always one of my personal favourite axis WW2 aircraft.

Mathias
December 12th, 2011, 10:05
One thing we need is a good 110 for fsx. The Zestorer was always one of my personal favourite axis WW2 aircraft.

It's being worked on, Peter.:kilroy:

kimdahl
December 17th, 2011, 05:55
I'm surprised that it works at all since it's an original FS2002 model.:icon_lol:

Hi Mathias

Some FS2002 models will work quite well in FSX (if they are well made from the start), I have a few examples here. First the Seafire by Marc Siegel & Martin Wright:

And then of course the unique Blohm und Voss Bv-141 by Sakichi System:

They really were state of the art models when they were new, and they are still quite fun to fly.

Regards
Kim

afscrub
January 13th, 2012, 11:15
Hey fellows,

I'm not used to replay to remarks, positive or negative, from other flightsim enthousiast. However I'm realy annoyed by some remarks of people, telling I generally use other people creations for my own glory. Please remember I always give credits to the work of the original creators as far as I have information about their work. When converting CFS2 models to FS2004/FSX, I never say it is my work, but only give credits to myself for the necessary upgrades, instruments, airfile, aircraft.cfg etc.... And let us be serious...CFS2 is fantastic and I still fly with it regularly, but most people's interest is going to FS2004/FSX and there are so many magnificent native CFS2 models that just cry to be flown in FS2004/FSX.

no grudge, A.F

stovall
January 13th, 2012, 11:41
A.F. Grudge, I think all that is being said in the posts above is that it is best to ask permission before posting a model made by someone else. Many of the EULA's clearly state not to be used without permission. Also mentioned above is the inclusion of the original readme even if you have permission. The work is very nice and seeing this great aircraft fly again is truly wonderful. All we ask is that the rules be followed.

Roger
January 13th, 2012, 12:43
Thanks Tom, that's the thing.
AF Scrub you may be annoyed at the comments but do you not understand that the original authors of these aircraft are very annoyed by the total lack of respect shown to them when you offer them for download with some changes for FsX...without asking their permission?