PDA

View Full Version : Amazing B-25

Good_2_Be
December 16th, 2008, 18:15
Allot of you might know this one.............But while looking for aircraft for my Europe install I found this Beauty. Still putting her through her paces and so far :friday: (off to do some bombing runs)

Fibber
December 16th, 2008, 18:18
Inquiring minds want to know, Where did you find that?

Good_2_Be
December 16th, 2008, 18:33
One more......

Good_2_Be
December 16th, 2008, 18:44
Found it at flight sim listed as rcsb25c2 kinda big download at about 56 MB

Ravenna
December 16th, 2008, 20:49
That's "Tiger Time" which has been around for some years now. Always a pleasure to fly and it has a GREAT immersive cockpit. I think it was made gy a group headed by Roy Chappin. The first time I downloaded this I had dial-up and it took forever!

OBIO
December 17th, 2008, 00:26
I had that plane installed for a while...the best B-25 I have found. But the read me expressly forbids uploading repaints....so I dumped it.

OBIO

dvslats
December 17th, 2008, 00:53
Hey guys, does this Mitchell have multi-LOD ?

Rami
December 17th, 2008, 02:17
Hey guys, does this Mitchell have multi-LOD ?

No. :crybaby:

Finding it here might be easier: http://www.roychaffin.co.uk/

hewman100
December 17th, 2008, 03:34
Those were the two things that did it for me. I could have lived with no multi-LOD, but not having the option of 'new clothes'.......

Ravenna
December 17th, 2008, 03:37
I wonder if that is still the policy.

Desert Rat
December 17th, 2008, 04:19
It does seem that it is closely related to the newer MAAM sim Mitchell, it was the predessesor of it anyway. It might be worth checking if repaints for the MAAM will fit this older brother of theirs?

Don't have them installed, so would have to do some serious digging, also don't own the MAAM one, so would need to find some texs, there must be some out there.

Jamie

Jagdflieger
December 17th, 2008, 05:18
It is one of my favorite ETO British daylight bombers. It's a shame that Roy Chaffin doesn't allow distribution of new textures for it. Lack of a VC is nicely mitigated by great 8 way views tied to the hat switch on the joy stick.

He was involved in the MAAM B-25 for a while, but parted ways due to a misunderstanding with MAAM. I think that it was over the gauges or the 2d cockpit.

Jagdflieger
December 17th, 2008, 05:33
Roy Chaffin has a web site at:

http://www.roychaffin.com/

You can pick up CFS 2 and FS stuff there. From the home page there are links to several of Roy's myriad of projects including CFS 2 and FS. There is also a contact link so one might be able to check on proviso against uploading repaints of "Tiger Time."

Good_2_Be
December 17th, 2008, 06:06
Did a QC run lots of parachutes...........

DauntlessDriver546
December 17th, 2008, 17:18
I have her too... I wish I could paint her up! :banghead:

SPman
December 18th, 2008, 16:15
No doubt, if you do everything in the privacy of your own home, and don't involve anyone else.......................

Wulf190
December 18th, 2008, 16:49
I'd an awesome 3D model, and the 2D panel system is the best out there, but I'll admit the lack of a VC kills it for me....:banghead:

Devildog73
December 18th, 2008, 21:01
Since we are on this theme; what is the BEST bombers out there? Nope, I won't hijack this thread, new post coming.......

Tango_Romeo
December 18th, 2008, 22:23
I had that plane installed for a while...the best B-25 I have found. But the read me expressly forbids uploading repaints....so I dumped it. OBIO

...we know all of you have done repaints, and we're impressed with your ethics. But just because you can't upload them doesn't mean you can't post a couple of screenies. Come on now, give. :applause:

Good_2_Be
December 19th, 2008, 06:47
Couple little issues I'm gonna have to resolve for ME. They only fire at you when your in front of the forward guns and once in a great while get a CTD in QC......no breaking parts or gun animation :crybaby:. For flying and bombing :ernae: Fantastic.

audixaudix
December 30th, 2009, 05:42
I had that plane installed for a while...the best B-25 I have found. But the read me expressly forbids uploading repaints....so I dumped it.

OBIO

Hi Guys

I just want to make mention of just 2 of the reasons why we do not allow unofficial repaints of the B25 to be uploaded.

1. Copyright
Many of the remaining aircraft (not just B25's) that have unique artwork have copyrights. Take for example the Memphis Belle - probably the most well known B17. For the movie, they were not even allowed to use the original noseart and had to change a number of things to prevent copyright infringement.

If someone does a repaint and uses copyrighted material it can lead to problems for RCS Panels as we 'created' the B25. Secondly, as all of the team are aviation fanatics, wherever possible we want to assist in keeping the flying legends in the air where they belong. If the owners of "heavenly Body" for example sake wanted to bring out a FS version of their aircraft to raise funds like the owners of the "Yellow Rose" have - having a freeware version of that aircraft out there would be in direct competition and something we want to avoid. For that reason we will not even bring out official repaints for the B25 using real world aircraft "color schemes' unless we have written permission from the owners of the actual aircraft to do so.

2. Support.
Our original FS2k2 B25 had over 100 000 downloads worldwide from the various sites it was hosted on. Users of the aircraft contact Roy directly for support. Please bear in mind that we do the FS work as a 'hobby' we are not a commercial group or profitable organisation- we get nothing out of the FS work other than the satisfaction of having people like yourselves use what we have created. When someone uploads a new repaint (and this has happened in the past) if there are issues with it - they contact Roy. Something else which is not directly related to support but demonstrates the problems we have is this. With the original release - all of our email details were contained in the manual - and what happened was that users world-wide that contacted us about the aircraft added our email addresses to their contact lists. With the numerous viruses and worms that went around, we were receiving hundreds of email a day - to the point that I eventually had to shut down my email account and change it because I could not keep up, and I received far less emails each day than Roy.

--------

Besides the 2 problems above, it is not possible to create a public paintkit for the B25 due to the way I did the graphics for the B25 and the software I use which would mean users would have to modify existing textures. All 3 of these are the main reasons for the no repaint policy.

As mentioned, I am doing repaints for the B25 based on your input, and the first one will be released shortly with the 2nd within a couple of weeks. I have a third planned too and depending on response - more are possible too.

I will be completing a new model with an updated virtual cockpit in the new year and this will also be released on the official website.

Regards

Steve

Jagdflieger
December 30th, 2009, 07:05
Thanks for the explanation.

I generally have Tiger Time installed in one of my various installations of CFS 2.

Even without the multi-res (can't confirm that) it has very good frame rates and is usable in quantity.

audixaudix
December 30th, 2009, 07:45
Thanks for the explanation.

I generally have Tiger Time installed in one of my various installations of CFS 2.

Even without the multi-res (can't confirm that) it has very good frame rates and is usable in quantity.

You are correct, I did not do any LOD's for the model. I have not spoken to Roy about a new CFS 2 version so I cannot make any comments about any future CFS 2 releases.

Regards

Steve

JP127
December 30th, 2009, 12:24
Hi Steve,

Looking forward to the repaints and the new model. Thanks.

Jeff