PDA

View Full Version : I Know I'm getting old but my brain....

limjack
December 5th, 2011, 17:32
Can't keep up with all the different gadgets in fsx. I have been low and slow with Pnw and fall city flying the cub.,the straddle cruiser flying yellowstone to Grand tetons to Portland and today decided to climb back into my PMDG 747-400 and fly klas to lax. The problem being I forgot how to start the aircraft as well as program the fmc. Pulled out my manuals, YouTube videos and of course help from the pmdg forum to figure it all out again. So I know as soon as I get this all down I will surly forget all the buttons and knobs and procedures of flying the other aircraft:isadizzy: I did enjoy my flights today even though the fmc and me did not get along well today. Do you guys run into the same problem or is it just me? My brain be full now and needs rest..

Jim

mmann
December 5th, 2011, 17:53
I have the same problem, only the scenario is a little different. For me the problem is that I hadn't used 3ds Max much in the last few months, I had been busy learning to use SBuilderX, Global Mapper and the Resample Tool. In the last couple of weeks I returned to modeling in 3ds Max and realized that the keyboard shortcuts, which I never gave a second thought to in the past, were no longer programmed in my brain. So I feel your pain!

warchild
December 5th, 2011, 18:40
Ok, i know its silly, but... at least a couple times each day, i'll find myself trying to pan my view around with the hat switch on my joystick, while watching a movie or some other video.. True story.. dont even get me started on confusing plane start ups and gauges :;lol:;

greenie
December 5th, 2011, 18:45
....lol , or trying to change the tv channel with your cordless phone !!

limjack
December 6th, 2011, 06:59
Ok, I feel better knowing their our others out there with same challenge...lol. Love the cordless phone tv remote...made me chuckle.

Jim

spotlope
December 6th, 2011, 07:02
I saw a word that was underlined in a book recently and tried to "click" it with my finger. That is what spending too much time with your head in an iPad can do for ya.

I wish I was kidding... :icon_eek:

joanvalley
December 6th, 2011, 07:47
To everything that has been said here: the same for me! Even my kids beat me now when playing on the game console and they are 8, 7 and 4!

I'll be resting now, got tired from writing this post... LOL!

Jose.

Dave Torkington
December 6th, 2011, 08:53
Do you guys run into the same problem or is it just me? My brain be full now and needs rest..

Jim

Hi Jim,

I'm so glad you posted this! I thought it was just me that forgets start sequences and the like... Got in the Iris Vulcan the other day and clicked that many buttons it's a wonder I wasn't ejected from the cockpit!

Maybe there's a button somewhere for 'Brain Defrag'??

:salute:

Dev One
December 6th, 2011, 10:16
Wot Brain!
Keith

warchild
December 6th, 2011, 10:24
Hi Jim,

Got in the Iris Vulcan the other day and clicked that many buttons it's a wonder I wasn't ejected from the cockpit!

:salute:

::LOL:: I did the same thing.. I was checking out possible planes to fly in the upcoming race and the vulcan is perfect.. But by the time i got the thing started, i was wanting to give david a piece of my mind about the start up sequence :;lol:;...

Pips
December 6th, 2011, 12:50
Luv all the comments! :icon_lol: Classic. It all rings so true.

jpmouse
December 6th, 2011, 17:34
Gotten so used to streaming video that I find myself trying to rewind the broadcast news when I'm watching it. Not used to having to pay attention anymore. Also trying to pan Utube flight sim videos. Makes me laugh a lot at how silly my actions are. LOL

OleBoy
December 6th, 2011, 17:46
Oh my, I can relate to it all. One way or another. I've been doing repaint work here lately, and I find when I close my model viewer, on other screens, I'm left clicking trying to rotate it!. Even when I'm reading the newspaper.:icon_lol:

Bjoern
December 7th, 2011, 12:34
I can't relate at all. Maybe I'm too young and used to this stuff. *Shrug*