PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Problem

tankerguy72
December 5th, 2011, 15:47
My computer crashed not too long ago and Im loading up some of my old aircraft again. Some show up with just the interior showing, the outside model is invisible. Anyone know why this happens??

Jeremy

P38man
December 5th, 2011, 16:37
Hi Jeremy....I believe you needed to have played the sim after each install.

It is explained in Point 1 in my install guide.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?59416-Start-to-Finish-my-links-guide-to-setting-up-FSX

Hope this helps.

Rich
December 5th, 2011, 19:42
Do you have Acceleration installed, if not do you have FSX SP2 installed, sounds like you are missing one of those.

mal998
December 6th, 2011, 05:11
Check the model folder for each of the problem aircraft to make sure the model files are intact.

Killbilly
December 6th, 2011, 06:37
I had this problem with a few aircraft the last time I changed computers. I had just copied the aircraft folders onto a backup HD and then copied them onto the new machine without actually installing them (of course, I copied the guages and sounds and etc., too). I found that some planes just needed the actual installer run again (especially some payware). I think some of them install files into strange places. Try installing the planes from their original installers and see if it works.

tankerguy72
December 6th, 2011, 20:15
Thanks you guys are great! I did a repair on Acceleration and its all fixed now THANKS!

:salute::wiggle:Jeremy

Rich
December 6th, 2011, 20:43
Glad you got it fixed, I think SP 2 as installed by Acceleration was the problem, either messed up install or failed install of accel SP2.

It often happens with people who do not have Accel or stand alone SP2 installed that external texture does not show, SP2 reads the model and textures differently and ports often work ok even native models will appear nude without SP2