PDA

View Full Version : The World At War

Milton Shupe
October 2nd, 2008, 15:35
Just received my 4-DVD order, 16 Chapters covering 1933-1945, European and Pacific Theaters. I can't wait until the weekend to start my trek through these sessions. :jump:

I ordered from a TV Ad for $49. I'll tell you how it all goes.

Jagdflieger
October 2nd, 2008, 17:11
Didn't that series run on PBS in the 70s? If so, my memories of it are very good. It was an excellent series with a great sound track.

Snuffy
October 3rd, 2008, 03:14
I'm confused ...
Shouldn't the title of this thread been ... World at War? Especially since you're talking about a 4 DVD set. :d

cheezyflier
October 3rd, 2008, 05:41
my father watched that show every single night when it was on tv back in the day. i didnt really understand that. he never talked about his time in the navy, but he never EVER missed that show.

Milton Shupe
October 3rd, 2008, 10:47
I'm confused ...
Shouldn't the title of this thread been ... World at War? Especially since you're talking about a 4 DVD set. :d

Yes, and I did not notice it until you mentioned it. Sorry for the confusion, and I can not edit the title. :banghead:

Snuffy
October 3rd, 2008, 11:44
Yes, and I did not notice it until you mentioned it. Sorry for the confusion, and I can not edit the title. :banghead:

I've emailed Ickie with my concerns about not being able to edit posts after someone else posts behind us.
I hope to get a positive resolution on this ...

Its alright though Milton, I knew what you was talking about. :d

Henry
October 3rd, 2008, 12:08
arhh but i can :costumes:
H

Henry
October 3rd, 2008, 12:09
I've emailed Ickie with my concerns about not being able to edit posts after someone else posts behind us.
I hope to get a positive resolution on this ...

Its alright though Milton, I knew what you was talking about. :d
i do not believe that to be possible
in the set up that we have
H

brian1305
October 3rd, 2008, 12:23
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41R9YSNVADL._SL500_AA240_.jpg (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B00008WQ9Y/ref=dp_image_0/026-3149173-1614061?ie=UTF8&n=283926&s=dvd)
Milton

I picked this up at christmas last year - the one narrated by Laurence Olivier - 26 episodes in all with 6 episodes added 3 years after the first viewing in 1973...

It's a great collection, sure you will enjoy..
They have been showing the series here in the UK over the last year or so on one of the History channels, catching a few episodes first prompted me to look for the box set..

stiz
October 3rd, 2008, 13:15
one of THE best docs done ever! :medals:
Does the theme tune give anyone else the chills?? just to terrifiy me as a kid, used to have to change the channel then change back :isadizzy:

Willy
October 3rd, 2008, 14:40
I don't have World at War, but I picked up the entire Victory at Sea series new in a bargain bin for $5 last year. :d

pachi
October 3rd, 2008, 17:37
oh yea I saw some of these vids in my history class last year, it was my favorite class because of them :d

Corsair Freak
October 3rd, 2008, 18:13
The Lost Color Archives is also very good, but needed more PTO shots.