PDA

View Full Version : Adios RAZBAM T-2 Buckeye!

Prowler1111
December 5th, 2011, 06:23
Gents:
During the week weīll phase out completely the CFS2/FS9 RAZBAM T-2 Buckeye .Originally released in October 2005, it served in the virtual skies for 6 years, time on which several repaints were released most notably by Russel R. Smith and more recently by John Detrick.Itīs flight model was created by Phineas Henshaw aka "Unicorn man" in conjunction with Lt. Colonel "Stork" Reinhart, resulting in an extremely accurate flight model (Lt. C. Reinhart was back then flying Buckeyes).
Itīs being replaced by a new set of T-2 Buckeyes, for FSX only, more complex, visual accurate and really busy to fly.Flight model is also even more accurate to give the user more "feel".
The original release will not be available anymore, anywhere, it wont be released as freeware either.
Weīll have a special "pre-release" offer to our registered customers for 24hrs prior to public release at our online store and then our distributors.
And of course, itīs payware, price TBA.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/Prowler1111/ONTHERAMP.jpg

RAZBAM North American T-2 Buckeye original release pic on the "RAZBAM facility ramp" 09/15/2005

Best regards

Prowler

Daube
December 5th, 2011, 06:27
Thanks for the info.

The original release will not be available anymore, anywhere, it wont be released as freeware either.

Not so cool for the FS9'ers :/

falcon409
December 5th, 2011, 06:40
Thanks for the info.
Yea, that's a bit surprising on several levels: (1.) Why not? Just state that no support is given or implied. (2.) Given the generosity of a few other developers releasing older models as freeware, seems like it would be a goodwill gesture to do so here. IMHO

Prowler1111
December 5th, 2011, 06:43
Thanks for the info.

There is a reason for this, not that we consider it competition (or like we like to say, shooting yourself in the foot)since there is little to non relation between both products other than the aircraft itself, but of support and "hate mail" from current FS simmers (to my HUGE surprise, iīve been receiving a number of hate mails (this is a ripoff, this is BS, I canīt believe you were charging for this crap etc)from people who downloaded our freeware set of CFS2 products.This behavior really discourages ANY further freeware release from us, and itīs a policy implemented by me, enforced by me, and itīs pretty much non negotiable.Sure, there is a bigger number of simmers who are enjoying them and are very grateful, let me tell you, iīm very grateful that you are enjoying them, regardless of the fact youīre not a customer of RAZBAM, you donīt have intentions to be one, or simply donīt care.
I hope FS9ers would understand

Best regards

Prowler

Sieggie
December 5th, 2011, 08:46
Weīll have a special "pre-release" offer to our registered customers for 24hrs prior to public release at our online store and then our distributors.
And of course, itīs payware, price TBA.
Prowler

Registered customers of any of your aircraft, or just registered T-2 customers?

Dave

Prowler1111
December 5th, 2011, 09:02
Registered customers of any aircraft at our online store

Prowler

Navy Chief
December 5th, 2011, 14:29
Looks absolutely fantastic, Ron! I was thrilled when your FS9 version was released. Having worked and flown in Buckeyes back in the mid 70s, you knew how much I looked forward to it.

And now the "new and improved" version. YES!!!!!!

NC

XLR8
December 5th, 2011, 17:30
There are some generous developers and then there are some that are not.

N2056
December 5th, 2011, 17:33
This topic already had to be closed in the FS9 forum. It looks to me like it should do so here as well.