PDA

View Full Version : IRIS F-15E 'Mudhen Driver' WIP Thread

Smudge
December 3rd, 2011, 01:02
So I've decided to create a single thread for Q&A on the upcoming IRIS F-15E 'Mudhen Driver' product... I cleared it with the admins, so not to get confused, people can post their info, screenshots etc in here in once nice place for me to monitor and answer. :)

So to start, here's a cool youtube vid I did earlier (Note that the Ground Power Control Panel is shown in use for demonstration purposes and we are aware that it is not part of the normal operating procedures.),

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_ZSo4ExU2s

Phantom88
December 3rd, 2011, 03:16
:applause:Amazing detail in and out,Those Afterburners are Superb!!!:applause:
BRAVO!!!

neutrino
December 3rd, 2011, 04:15
Awesome video :) I will use the opportunity to post a picture from the Facebook page that is my favorite:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/316224_220893461316197_143676605704550_568133_1715 343580_n.jpg

neutrino
December 3rd, 2011, 04:25
... and this one :icon_lol:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/377901_227888633950013_143676605704550_585059_1982 228332_n.jpg

jim
December 3rd, 2011, 06:29
Any idea when it will be available?

orionll
December 3rd, 2011, 07:39
Looks nice. :jump:

DagR
December 3rd, 2011, 08:55
I am sooo going to buy this aircraft. Looks incredible. Thanks to Tim and David and any other soul involved;-)

hschuit
December 3rd, 2011, 09:22
Thanks for the video, I think I would just like to sit on the ramp doing nothing else than engine starts and shutdowns for a while - love that sound !

skyhawka4m
December 3rd, 2011, 20:31
sold!

RobH
December 4th, 2011, 00:02
sold!

+1 :applause::applause:

Smudge
December 4th, 2011, 00:03
Thanks everyone for your fantastic support.
I spent most of today coding...that's all I seem to be doing at the moment...:-S So to break the monotony, here's a couple of screenies I took off my desktop. :)

Enjoy

timghetta
December 4th, 2011, 09:23
Hi Everyone,

Yes I also have something that you might like, We like to sit around and think of really cool details we can add to make the immersion better. So last night, David and I were brainstorming. We came up with this...

Here is where we dropped a CBU notice the normal look, fins are out to steer and she is falling.

What's this??? She opens her covers and releases the charges? Yes my friends, she is animated to KILL!!!
I just wanted to show this cause when I was testing out, it looked so cool, and I felt like a little kid all over again.

Thanks everyone for viewing,
Tim

tommieboy
December 4th, 2011, 10:40
......She opens her covers and releases the charges.....

Hope I don't have to upgrade my computer cpu / graphics card for that one.......:icon_lol:

Tommy

TAFKAM
December 4th, 2011, 13:29
Way to go Tim!!!....just a few more screenies:...

LUCE1
December 5th, 2011, 01:14
It's look like an amazing job !
Compliments from SIM SKUNK WORKS team !
Simmers community really needs such type of developers.
Pretty sure it will be a FPS friend too.
/SSW

skyhawka4m
December 5th, 2011, 04:10
whem?!?! I have yet to see a release date.... I have money burning a hole in my pocket and and can only afford one F-15E.......who's it going to be???

Dave Torkington
December 5th, 2011, 07:29
Excellent news David. Always room in the virtual hangar for another fine model.

Wonder how will it compare to the MilViz bird? I've no doubt they'll both have their place in the Sim. :salute:

Smudge
December 5th, 2011, 19:56
I'm afraid I cannot offer an unbiased opinion on that one David.. :) You'll just have to wait and see what the masses decide.. ;)

neutrino
December 12th, 2011, 01:14
Fully loaded out :icon_lol:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/385864_10150460639787416_56985552415_8628598_73100 4379_n.jpg

TAFKAM
December 12th, 2011, 09:32
here is a couple i found on FB page:

Phantom88
December 12th, 2011, 09:40
WOW!!!! That Baby is HOT!!!!:jump:

TAFKAM
December 12th, 2011, 10:01
Yeah i cant wait to have that baby.......in my hangar!

timghetta
December 12th, 2011, 10:18
Thanks everybody,

We are close to releasing it. Still working out bugs, and optimizing it.
BTW, nice avatar Tafkam.:icon_lol:

you got to make me one of those banners at the bottom.

Paul Domingue
December 12th, 2011, 10:29
Wow! She looks fantastic! Put me down for one Smudge.

TAFKAM
December 12th, 2011, 11:00
Thx Tim, loved yours on FB, so i copied it LOL:)

The banner is on its way!....

Take care!

timghetta
December 12th, 2011, 11:02
Thanks,

I got it, added in there already.

TAFKAM
December 12th, 2011, 13:28
Hey, ......hey.....hey....Tim can you do this?..................PMSL!

Black.Hornet
January 7th, 2012, 19:16
Just flew back from RAF Valley with a stop at Goose Bay. Tested the F-15 during Mach Loop training with vGAF. Great Bird

airattackimages
January 7th, 2012, 21:00
Looks very nice. Love the burners! And the CBU dispersion is badass.

cortomalteseit
January 8th, 2012, 01:08
Incredible! The quality of some details is stunning!
Looking forward to its release, i hope soon!

DagR
January 8th, 2012, 02:09
I am really looking forward to this one, a stunning piece of work.

Phantom88
January 8th, 2012, 06:17
Really can't wait for this baby! But I hope it's pretty soon,After just purchasing Another High Quality Aircraft {A2A Accu-sim P-40} I'm coming down with that old Italian Disease..........."FUNDSZALOW":icon_lol:

UnknownGuest12
January 8th, 2012, 15:17
Maybe I saw the wrong video but, sorry, found that 9 minutes of cockpit procedures, at night, a little boring...
Regards

TAFKAM
January 14th, 2012, 16:14
It must be getting out soon....where getting bombed by screenies!

strykerpsg
January 14th, 2012, 18:24
It must be getting out soon....where getting bombed by screenies!

Hoping once its released, they will go back and finish their F-22 and C-27 before they move onto their next endeavor. Time will tell.....

Matt

jmig
January 14th, 2012, 18:39
Hoping once its released, they will go back and finish their F-22 and C-27 before they move onto their next endeavor. Time will tell.....

Matt

Yes, I was disappointed with the F-22. It didn't seem to be up to Iris' usual standards. Reminded me of past Alphasim releases. And, that is not good.

orionll
January 14th, 2012, 19:30
The F-15E is definitely going to be a good one. :salute:

skyhawka4m
January 14th, 2012, 20:41
Yes, I was disappointed with the F-22. It didn't seem to be up to Iris' usual standards. Reminded me of past Alphasim releases. And, that is not good.

A bit harsh aren't we? I think thats a totally nonsense to compare them.....seems maybe some over zealous bias going on here.

MenendezDiego
January 14th, 2012, 21:18
Perhaps we'll see an update to the Aerosoft F-16C.

I love the new canopy glass textures, and I always wished the F-16C had a loadout manager.

skyhawka4m
January 14th, 2012, 22:34

I love the new canopy glass textures, and I always wished the F-16C had a loadout manager.

????? just trying to figure out what this has to do with the IRIS F-15E??

strykerpsg
January 14th, 2012, 22:41
A bit harsh aren't we? I think thats a totally nonsense to compare them.....seems maybe some over zealous bias going on here.

I don't think its a bit harsh. I think they've had plenty of time to fix their frames before moving onto their next model. This was one of my pet peeves with their former forum and their T-6 and Vulcan. It took them forever and they were continuing to work on other models without completing their released ones first. A poor customer support technique in my opinion. And, before asked, I own every aircraft they have, sans their freeware and have mostly enjoyed all of them. I would just appreciate a developer taking the appropriate time to finish the product I've paid for before moving onto their next project. Call it professional courtesy.

Anyway, I too like this model, but will honestly wait a bit until they, not Pam, fix my C-27J and F-22. They owe it to me and others that have paid for their products. The irony here seems to be how many bash on one of the other developers that actually takes pride in listening to their customers and applying the fixes before moving onto their next product.

Matt

MenendezDiego
January 14th, 2012, 22:54
????? just trying to figure out what this has to do with the IRIS F-15E??

The guy who helped make the F-16C made the F-15E...

skyhawka4m
January 14th, 2012, 22:56
I can safely say that no matter what product I've bought.....aircraft wise.....I've never once complained about a bug that wasn't fixed right away. I don't think anyone in this forum or any other should bash any developer unless they are prepared to step up to the bat and try to do what they do for us in this "hobby". I for one do not have the skill that the folks at Milviz, IRIS, Aerosft or whomever to be so critical as this. I have spent 100's and 100's of dollars on aircraft add-ons knowing full well that it might be risky at best and even deleted planes right away because of the fact that I didn't like it.......not once have I asked for a refund because I knew going in....its a risk. This is a hobby....and thats all this sim will ever be....As for me...I think the weapons delivery has gone too far for FSX...if I wanted it....I'd be doing DCS. I got FS9 and FSX to fly and enjoy the flights....not bomb oil tankers and shoot down airliners and cessna 172's.

Some how I knew that this would happen as soon as the IRIS product was close.......makes me think about the reasoning people might do it......I'll be paying a bit more for the IRIS product...and will be loving it....as I've never had any issue they haven't fixed....for me and what I need in my hobby.

Getting ready to kick the tires and light the fires!

strykerpsg
January 14th, 2012, 23:15
I mostly agree with your motto of making a developer accountable for their release if I can't do better or similar too, but the difference for me is if we're talking a freeware developer, amen brother. I would never criticize a freeware or donationware developer. If we're talking payware, I believe in the opposite addage, where we, developer and I, have entered into a contract by them taking my money and me accepting the EULA to not freely distribute or re-sell their products. As a result, I have an expectation that they will complete their product as advertised when I purchased it from them. I've never sought a refund either, but if said developer fails to uphold their end of the business transaction, I just chalk it up to not supporting them again. I for one, have enjoyed most of Iris' products, just would like to see them keep their latest releases to a higher standard is all. Doesn't have to be 100% real, as I'll probably never fly the real one, but make it believeable and reliable. I don't think thats so much to ask.

Matt

David, it is a great looking frame and I'm certain you and MILVIZ will represent her well. Just frustrated with the C-27, which has no connection to your pending Mudhen, therefore my complaint should be attached to the C-27 thread, not this one. Best of luck and looking forward to the pending reviews. Promise you've not lost me as a customer, just would like the last releases addressed and I know they will be in time.

Smudge
January 14th, 2012, 23:44
Hi all,
Firstly, let me make this clear - this is not David, it's his wife, Karen who is posting. Rather than create my own account, I'm using his for the sake of ease.

I have read all of these comments, as have David & Tim and other IRIS staff & fans, and for the most part we've enjoyed reading what people have had to say, including the harsh reality that IRIS has dropped the ball with some of you.

I want to direct this post specifically to strykerpsg (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php?83641-strykerpsg), and others that feel similar. We dropped the ball in 2011, specifically I did. I promised DB that I would help run admin, but, that went to the potty, so, we're now having to dedicate 2012 to the updates we needed to do in 2011.

When the F-22 was released David broke his arm badly within a week or so, badly enough he needed major shoulder reconstruction surgery. David was told he wasn't to work for 6 weeks, he needed to heal, he needed to exercise, he needed to go through rehab. He didn't - he had to work. He got out 2 patches, he helped Tim with the F-15E, he helped other devs with their work, and he is paying for it now, having needed a 2nd surgery in December, and still being told to focus on rehab, not work. hmmff. As a wife, i'm a little mad about that!

What you don't know, what very few people know, is on May 21st 2011 I nearly died. This isn't made up folks, I was admitted into hospital for a week, into the cardiac ward. I won't bore you with too many details, but to this day they haven't ruled out that it was a heart attack (amongst 2 other life threatening heart/lung instances). That was 3 weeks to the day David broke his arm.

So, 2011, let's just say is a complete write-off, we know that, we've said it a few times. In fact I said it at the time, that things were going to get lost along the way, that was support & updates. David & myself have both said numerous times that 2012 is the year for the updates. This has in a way been a blessing for you guys in gals. What David & Tim have learnt in finalising the F-15E they are able to put to use in previous planes. We've been saying more & more lately that not only are the planes getting updates, but there are also planes getting full upgrades. The list will be announced in the next few weeks.

With the surge in sales for the Christmas 2011 specials, it's brought to the surface older complaints which we knew about, and some new ones, so, we've got a better list to go by for when we get our "updating caps on".

We are sorry that it happened, but, like I said, 2011 needs to be a write-off. We needed to keep moving with our development partnership agreements & David's external contracts, and so, the updates we had planned fell. I personally am sorry, I dropped the ball, I was the one who said I'd look after the communication side of things.

David, who is my registered carer for permanent disabilities, became my ward, and then, I in-turn had to become his, we both had to try & care for each other and I can't tell you how bad that makes us both feel, because we know all too well, that IRIS has suffered with us.

Sadly what was on the to-do list when the F-22 was completed was also a new support ticketing website, blog, and vlog to keep all our customers up-to-date. I can laugh at the irony of it all now...

TL;DR - that's ok, sorry to bore most of you who knew that this had all happened.

So, can we focus on the great stuff coming this year?
- IRIS F-15E
- Owen Hewitt's Prometheus
- Jose's PC-21
and a few other top secret plane ideas ;-)
- updates to existing planes
- where possible Upgrades to planes
- new support protocols
- blogs
- information sharing

Hope this clears some things up, let's not dwell, let's focus on what's ahead.

K
(aka, DB's wife & IRIS admin)

skyhawka4m
January 14th, 2012, 23:44
The guy who helped make the F-16C made the F-15E...

Ok so why not go post this in the AEROSOFt support forum since its an AEROSOFT product?

strykerpsg
January 15th, 2012, 00:01
Karen, aka alter smudge.....

First off, I think my edit posted while you were taking time to write your post. Let me please start off by saying I am grateful for all you and David have brought to my personal hangar. As I stated in my edit, I offer my humblest apologies for sidetracking what looks to be a fantastic release that Diego has already posted on the forum. I have only caught very small snippets from occasionally looking through the facebook updates, but admittedly, not an avid subscriber to facebook. I had no idea about your medical issues and only basically knew David was incapacitated recently with his injury. So my hat is off to both of you for keeping Iris running given all of your circumstances.

Lastly, you haven't lost me as a customer, just call me a bit gunshy. I do anxiously await the reviews of the Mudhen and your upcoming patches to fix the Spartan and Raptor. Thank you for taking more time to share more than you should have too because I had a bad moment.

Best of luck in the future and looking forward to some of those top secret releases...promise if you PM me what any of them are, mums the word. Good night from the semi-snowy PNW.

Matt

PS, Karen, check your inbox. It was from earlier as well.

Smudge
January 15th, 2012, 00:14
Hi Matt,

Thank you for your PM (which David will respond to when I hand back his account ;-) I responded to you mainly as you were on, however, it's not the 1st nor the last time we've heard/read these comments from others, so I thought it was time to explain where we're at for the year.

I hope you didn't read that I was snarky for your post, I truly am not, I, like you, needed to say my piece. I believe that there are no hard feelings, and I thank you for raising the topic so I could barge on in ;-).

Apologies accepted, and I look forward to having David woo you back with the updates. :-D Enjoy your night Matt, and thank you for your post here and in PM.

K

strykerpsg
January 15th, 2012, 00:19
As my gunner always says "It's all good!" Not that his quote is very original, but we now know where everyone stands and what's needed to move forward. I promise, my hide's rather thick and never took your post as snarky....haven't heard that one in a while. Night back to you and David as well.

Matt

jmig
January 15th, 2012, 05:24
Karen and David, thank you for the update. I am sorry the two of you had so many medical problems. Hopefully, 2012 will be a much better year for both of you. I look forward to seeing what comes down the pipeline.

tommieboy
January 15th, 2012, 07:54
It's available for purchase on simMarket now......

Flightsim Store too......

Tommy

Bone
January 15th, 2012, 08:40

There are alternate glass files for the Aerosoft F-16.

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=aerosoft_f-16_tex_upd.zip&Author=&CatID=root

ZsoltB
January 15th, 2012, 20:56
The paintkit will be available?

jim
January 16th, 2012, 05:30
Anybody got an idea on how to start the engines after loading fuel & ordnance, or where are the instructions in the manual?

timghetta
January 16th, 2012, 05:46
@zsoltquack, a paint kit is already posted.

@jim, ok page 71 has the check list.
Starting the aircraft is easy after a few times. I will let you know that you will need to align the INS which can take approx 4 min.

Also the way the aircraft is designed so you can load it already running and all you have to do is turn on your MPDs
in the manual on pg 165 the loadout mgr has a cheat switch that can allow you to load weapons and fuel while the aircraft is running.
It all depends on your last aircraft state or how you sim is defaulted.

We are putting together a video to show how to start the aircraft up.

Tim

neutrino
January 16th, 2012, 05:46
The paintkit will be available?

This is from the facebook (http://www.facebook.com/FSX.F15.Development) page:

Get it now! The official IRIS Platinum Series F-15E Mudhen Driver Paintkit!!! Go nuts with the paintbrushes...

www.irissimulations.com/media/iris_f15e_paintkit.zip (http://www.irissimulations.com/media/iris_f15e_paintkit.zip)

ZsoltB
January 16th, 2012, 06:38
Iris Simulations,

Thank you!

jim
January 16th, 2012, 07:01
Timghetta; Thanks for the info. Will try it out. Very nice aircraft!

Skyhawk_310R
January 16th, 2012, 07:38
Smudge,

Normally, I would stay out of a rival company's product thread, considering it poor form to intrude. But, the tone of your post was so poignant, that I thought it needed to be reflected in the human qualities that transcend business competition. I hope all people can keep in mind that regardless of the merits of their concerns, the people doing this stuff are human and unless you've done the work yourself, it is really about impossible to appreciate the burden of the work and also the sheer amount of time it takes.

It is a sweat to reward ratio that would turn most people off immediately!

Most important of all -- I certainly hope things improve for all of you health wise!

Cheers,

Ken

Maury2008
January 16th, 2012, 08:02
May be i miss something but,

at SimMarket: Iris Platinumseries F-15E Mudhen Driver euro 44.02

at FlightSim Store : Iris Platinumseries F-15E Mudhen Driver AUD$45.00 = euro 36,672

it is the same product?

Maury

Barnes
January 16th, 2012, 08:50
May be i miss something but,

at SimMarket: Iris Platinumseries F-15E Mudhen Driver euro 44.02

at FlightSim Store : Iris Platinumseries F-15E Mudhen Driver AUD$45.00 = euro 36,672

it is the same product?

Maury

Worth every penny from either site - im so impressed with this one.

IRIS
January 16th, 2012, 12:55
Hi Maury,

SimMarket has to include VAT. From their website:
EUR 44.02
without VAT EUR 36.99

If you aren't governed by VAT then you won't need to worry, you will be charged at the lesser amount. :-)

Many thanks,

K.L-B

IRIS
January 16th, 2012, 13:05
Thank you both for your kind words.

David & I don't often discuss directly what happened, not a lot of my friends know the full story, I'm 35, young, a wife & mother and it's hard facing what we did at any age, so, we don't face it headon most days :-) We just found that customers didn't understand what had happened and we're always getting new people who read here, our forum & FB and have no idea about David's accident last year.

I think the hardest part in all of this was seeing how badly IRIS was affected in all of this, David's "wife" (I'm known as his Mistress) was suffering and there wasn't much we could do about it. :D

We're looking forward to this year & we're going to give the universe a good ole kick in the pants, 2012, here we come!

Thanks,

K.L-B

Karen and David, thank you for the update. I am sorry the two of you had so many medical problems. Hopefully, 2012 will be a much better year for both of you. I look forward to seeing what comes down the pipeline.

Smudge,

Normally, I would stay out of a rival company's product thread, considering it poor form to intrude. But, the tone of your post was so poignant, that I thought it needed to be reflected in the human qualities that transcend business competition. I hope all people can keep in mind that regardless of the merits of their concerns, the people doing this stuff are human and unless you've done the work yourself, it is really about impossible to appreciate the burden of the work and also the sheer amount of time it takes.

It is a sweat to reward ratio that would turn most people off immediately!

Most important of all -- I certainly hope things improve for all of you health wise!

Cheers,

Ken

dougal
January 16th, 2012, 14:16
During a conflict that now seems so long ago, part of my squadron did some work in and around Sarajevo airport (what a monumental cock-up THAT turned out!). After pulling out, we were due some leave but, due to yet another cock-up, we all ended up being unceremoniously dumped at Aviano AB (javascript:void(0)), Italy. It's the one and only time I ever got to climb up into an Eagle. I can still remember the feeling of being completely shocked - they were just so much bigger than I'd realised. I had a similar feeling about the Tornado too.<o:p></o:p>
The only thing I seem to remember as being different from what I see here, is the reds and yellows in the cockpit, not being quite as bright or distinct as either of the two new addons. Still, it was a long time ago. Also, I haven't yet purchased this (no money) and very often, screen shots & vids don't come close to doing real justice to the FSX experience.<o:p></o:p>
Hope I can get this soon.<o:p></o:p>
Here's wishing the guys n gals at IRIS a FAR better 2012 than 2011 :applause::medals::guinness: