PDA

View Full Version : Early Christmas Present for richcreator

grizzly50
December 2nd, 2011, 15:28
Richcreator,

I really feel for you.

I have tried to help you at least three times, but to no avail.

This is not to be taken as argumentative or any kind of put-down.

Consider this the ultimate CFS3 Christmas gift.

Following instructions xactly will yield positive results.

First of all, you really need to do this if you’re going to change CFS3 and any of its add-ons in any way: Open any window and look for the Tools button. You’re looking for Folder Options. Once you have found that, click on the View tab.

Look for “Hidden files and folders” and select “Show hidden files and folders”.

Then look below that for where it says “Hide extensions for known file types”, and UN-check the box. Then Click Apply and OK.

Now down to business:

Start from scratch with a clean slate. That is the best way to fix major problems.

First of all, delete everything from all installs to make sure:

Delete the main game folders (Stock CFS3, ETO, PTO_Solomons, etc).

Then go to C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Microsoft in XP (this is found in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft in Vista and Windows 7).
Delete the Combat Flight Simulator 3.0 folder found there.

Then go to C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents and delete every folder pertaining to CFS3 and its add-ons.

The Application Data and My Documents folders are created when you start and Fly any of these games.

Windows only normally directs all your game information from all of your installs to the two Combat Flight Simulator 3.0 folders found in Application Data and My Documents. This is why you need Martin Wright’s MultiCFS3.exe in every install except your CFS3 vanilla, PTO_Solomons, MAW. and OFF installs. Running this immediately after installation will cause an entirely new pair of folders to be created in the Application Data and My Documents folders. This keeps the data separate for each install.

Now, one more added touch to make sure everything is cleared out. Whenever you install and add-on or mod using a self-installer, it is recorded in your computer’s Control Panel. Look for Add or Remove Programs. Look for, and un-install, everything that you have installed into CFS3. PLEAE BE CAREFUL TO ONLY REMOVE CFS3 ITEMS HERE!

Doing all of this will give you a clean slate.

Then go here: http://www.microsoft.com/Games/combatfs3/

Get the CFS3.1 and CFS3 3.1a Updates. It may be a very good idea to get the Mission Builder and CFS3 Terrain SDK as well.

NOW install CFS3 normally. Go into the CFS3 main game folder and run the cfs3config.exe.

NOW install the two updates, first 3.1 and then 3.1a. Start, Fly, and shut down between installations. NOTE: 3.1 is the larger of the two updates.

Now install the Mission Builder and Terrain SDK.

After installation, if you have Vista or Windows 7, use the one of the following that pertains to your OS:

If you are using Vista: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?9007-Attention-VISTA-users!!!-(Shell-exe-is-NOT-needed)

If you are using Windows 7: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?25661-Windows-7-install-fix

Stock CFS3 is now ready to go.

For ETO:

First of all get this: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=14798

You need a vanilla CFS3 install, fully updated with 3.1 and 3.1a Updates.

Download all parts from the Aussiex site. You will need:

CFS3 ETO Expansion 1.0.zip
CFS3_ETO_Expansion_Cumulative_Update_1.20.zip
CFS3_ETO_Expansion_Cumulative_Update_1.40_Install_ Pack.zip
CFS3_ETO_Exp_Cumul_Update_1.40_Hotfix_Instl_Pack.z ip

MY 5 ETO Installation Rules:

NOTE: Rule #1 for ETO is that if you are going to install ANYTHING into ETO, start the game in Era 1 and then exit, then set the ETO Spawn Selector to 1, Stock Spawn Mode.

NOTE: Rule #2 is to start and fly ETO after installing every update.

NOTE: Rule #3 is to follow the Installation Guide EXACTLY.

NOTE: Rule #4 is to follow the Installation Guide EXACTLY.

NOTE: Rule #5 is to follow the Installation Guide…

Follow the instructions in Installation Guide that you just downloaded to the letter.

If you have any more problems, PM me here.

GRIZZ’S CHALLENGE: If you’re still having problems, download and install Skype, get a microphone and speakers or a headset and I will personally TALK you through it.

I WILL help you get this installed, even if it KILLS you.

After ETO is properly installed, we'll do the rest.

:D

This is the BEST offer I can possibly MAKE.

middle
December 3rd, 2011, 09:53
Yer a good man, Grizz......how's the family? mid

loverboy1
December 3rd, 2011, 11:13
grizz,,,sooner or later , yea you know it coming .... and its a cannuck thing , maybe next week we ...lo, yes we can do a tutorial on win7 crap and pearl harbor ........i got all elese working no idea how must have been an act of god ....

cfs3/maw/eto.....all workl well

so stay tuned for the loverboy1 hunts the grizz next week for the ulitmate in voice over ip ......

man on man ip

yeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

joshua

Human Drone
December 6th, 2011, 10:11
Thank you, Grizz, my new box is coming tomorrow (Win7 Pro 64 bit), and I'm looking forward to getting shot down in a much fuller and prettier CFS3!

I'll have the "vanilla" CFS3 (with Winding Man scenery, AvHistory planes, etc) as well as OFF:BHaH. So your instuctions are slightly ambiguous: Do I need MultiCFS3?

Thanks,

Tom

grizzly50
December 6th, 2011, 14:38
Thank you, Grizz, my new box is coming tomorrow (Win7 Pro 64 bit), and I'm looking forward to getting shot down in a much fuller and prettier CFS3!

I'll have the "vanilla" CFS3 (with Winding Man scenery, AvHistory planes, etc) as well as OFF:BHaH. So your instuctions are slightly ambiguous: Do I need MultiCFS3?

Thanks,

Tom

Human Drone,

You don't need Multicfs3.exe for vanilla CFS3, unless you plan on more than one install, like Firepower or Just Flight's BoB. Not 100% sure right now, but I think you'll need it for Clive's Combat Flight Simulator 3 BoB package. (Sorry, Clive, I just don't remember right now. :D)

PTO_Solomons, DPC CFS3 Korea, and MAW don't need it.

CFS3 ETO Expansion and CFS3 PTO Rising Sun already have it included in their packages.

I don't know about OFF: BHaH.

Oh, and for installation on Win 7, don't forget this: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?25661-Windows-7-install-fix

Human Drone
December 7th, 2011, 05:50
I appreciate it, Grizz, and yes, I saw those install fix instructions. Man, I hope someday we can get "modernized" versions of these sims (i.e. that take advantage of the newer processor & graphics card changes). I bet it'd be amazing.

I just noticed where you live & where you're from! We just rode the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad last summer, & try to bike from Ohipyle to Confluence & back at least a few times a year!

grizzly50
December 7th, 2011, 07:03
I appreciate it, Grizz, and yes, I saw those install fix instructions. Man, I hope someday we can get "modernized" versions of these sims (i.e. that take advantage of the newer processor & graphics card changes). I bet it'd be amazing.

I just noticed where you live & where you're from! We just rode the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad last summer, & try to bike from Ohipyle to Confluence & back at least a few times a year!

Human Drone, I'm not from Western Maryland, I live in Hagerstown, MD.

You're in The 'Burgh, huh? I am from the Monongahela River Valley in WV, neighbor, Clarksburg, Fairmont, Morgantown area. :D That close enough?

Human Drone
December 7th, 2011, 09:09
Indeed. Been through there many times!

Cuttles
December 10th, 2011, 11:53
Thats a super explain.

Richcreator,

I really feel for you.

I have tried to help you at least three times, but to no avail.

This is not to be taken as argumentative or any kind of put-down.

Consider this the ultimate CFS3 Christmas gift.

Following instructions xactly will yield positive results.

First of all, you really need to do this if you’re going to change CFS3 and any of its add-ons in any way: Open any window and look for the Tools button. You’re looking for Folder Options. Once you have found that, click on the View tab.

Look for “Hidden files and folders” and select “Show hidden files and folders”.

Then look below that for where it says “Hide extensions for known file types”, and UN-check the box. Then Click Apply and OK.

Now down to business:

Start from scratch with a clean slate. That is the best way to fix major problems.

First of all, delete everything from all installs to make sure:

Delete the main game folders (Stock CFS3, ETO, PTO_Solomons, etc).

Then go to C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Microsoft in XP (this is found in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft in Vista and Windows 7).
Delete the Combat Flight Simulator 3.0 folder found there.

Then go to C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents and delete every folder pertaining to CFS3 and its add-ons.

The Application Data and My Documents folders are created when you start and Fly any of these games.

Windows only normally directs all your game information from all of your installs to the two Combat Flight Simulator 3.0 folders found in Application Data and My Documents. This is why you need Martin Wright’s MultiCFS3.exe in every install except your CFS3 vanilla, PTO_Solomons, MAW. and OFF installs. Running this immediately after installation will cause an entirely new pair of folders to be created in the Application Data and My Documents folders. This keeps the data separate for each install.

Now, one more added touch to make sure everything is cleared out. Whenever you install and add-on or mod using a self-installer, it is recorded in your computer’s Control Panel. Look for Add or Remove Programs. Look for, and un-install, everything that you have installed into CFS3. PLEAE BE CAREFUL TO ONLY REMOVE CFS3 ITEMS HERE!

Doing all of this will give you a clean slate.

Then go here: http://www.microsoft.com/Games/combatfs3/

Get the CFS3.1 and CFS3 3.1a Updates. It may be a very good idea to get the Mission Builder and CFS3 Terrain SDK as well.

NOW install CFS3 normally. Go into the CFS3 main game folder and run the cfs3config.exe.

NOW install the two updates, first 3.1 and then 3.1a. Start, Fly, and shut down between installations. NOTE: 3.1 is the larger of the two updates.

Now install the Mission Builder and Terrain SDK.

After installation, if you have Vista or Windows 7, use the one of the following that pertains to your OS:

If you are using Vista: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?9007-Attention-VISTA-users!!!-(Shell-exe-is-NOT-needed)

If you are using Windows 7: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?25661-Windows-7-install-fix

Stock CFS3 is now ready to go.

For ETO:

First of all get this: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=14798

You need a vanilla CFS3 install, fully updated with 3.1 and 3.1a Updates.

Download all parts from the Aussiex site. You will need:

CFS3 ETO Expansion 1.0.zip
CFS3_ETO_Expansion_Cumulative_Update_1.20.zip
CFS3_ETO_Expansion_Cumulative_Update_1.40_Install_ Pack.zip
CFS3_ETO_Exp_Cumul_Update_1.40_Hotfix_Instl_Pack.z ip

MY 5 ETO Installation Rules:

NOTE: Rule #1 for ETO is that if you are going to install ANYTHING into ETO, start the game in Era 1 and then exit, then set the ETO Spawn Selector to 1, Stock Spawn Mode.

NOTE: Rule #2 is to start and fly ETO after installing every update.

NOTE: Rule #3 is to follow the Installation Guide EXACTLY.

NOTE: Rule #4 is to follow the Installation Guide EXACTLY.

NOTE: Rule #5 is to follow the Installation Guide…

Follow the instructions in Installation Guide that you just downloaded to the letter.

If you have any more problems, PM me here.

GRIZZ’S CHALLENGE: If you’re still having problems, download and install Skype, get a microphone and speakers or a headset and I will personally TALK you through it.

I WILL help you get this installed, even if it KILLS you.

After ETO is properly installed, we'll do the rest.

:D

This is the BEST offer I can possibly MAKE.

richcreator
December 10th, 2011, 12:54
As far as ETO is concerned,
I seem to remember saying I've given up on ETO and want no parts of it. These were my latest comments
on ETO. I have said my favorite expansion is DPC Korea, especially in that recent poll.'
The help I've asked concerning DPC Korea has gone usually ignored, re: just yesterday I asked how to change
seasons and only Owen replied and the issue remains open yet.
Please try to be kind and friendly and don't try to push ETO on me. I can't remember asking for any help with ETO
for quite some time. Again, I'm not interested in it. :salute:

gaw
December 10th, 2011, 13:37
nothing like an open mind..........

richcreator
December 10th, 2011, 14:52
nothing like an open mind..........

Without speaking in riddles, just exactly what are you trying to say :ques:

dancat
December 10th, 2011, 14:57
I don't think anyone was trying to push it on you, just offering help to get it installed if you were interested.

Human Drone
December 10th, 2011, 18:10
I was following your carefully crafted guide in this thread and have managed to foul it up.

I installed CFS3 into C:\Flightsims\CFS3 (FSX is there, too, alongside it). Others had recommended this as a good course of action and my first flights in the vanilla version were great, full res 1920 x 1080 x 32bit color, all sliders maxed and still 60 FPS.

Then I kinda screwed up a little and copied that CFS3 folder to C:\Flightsims\CFS3ETO, ran MuiltiCFS3, created a shortcut, & took it up for quick flight. Then I took the original install up for a quick flight and verified the two were indeed independent.

Both CFS3's are set to run as administrator in Win XP3 compatibility mode, and the odeacc.dll has been renamed to oleacc.dll.dontuse I don't multiplayer yet anyway...

Then I tried to ignore the parts of the ETO installation guide that said I HAD to install it to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games, since I don't have that folder and CFS3 isn't in there. It's own MultiCFS3 then failed and the instructions told me to stop so I did.

So am I out of luck? BTW, I'm running Win7 64 SP1 & patched current. I'm going to delete the folder created by the ETO 1.0 install.

When you can, in the meanwhile I'll poke around at aussiex, maybe join up over there too! Very sorry to trouble the waters...

Tom