PDA

View Full Version : ED thread

SLIP STREAM
October 2nd, 2008, 15:19
i went looking for the chalet,found ava on the balcony.thought i might find the paper hanger in the can inside. great place for the remmemberance ground hogs! also nov.24 is when we send ed to the moon, thank you ed.i'll post if theres a change in dates,or if any of you hear something post it.
to find it pick location; switzerland,serenity.follow the road,its hard to see.you'll see the chiminy smoke.

middle
October 2nd, 2008, 15:31
Thanks for those shots,SS. As many times as I have gazed at the chalet, I never blew it up enuff to see the plaque.

pachi
October 2nd, 2008, 15:33
to Ed thanks for all your work and rest in peace

p.s. thanks for reposting this slip

Henry
October 2nd, 2008, 17:29
to Ed thanks for all your work and rest in peace

p.s. thanks for reposting this slip
yup and maybe ED will get the respect that he earned
H

O-1Driver
October 2nd, 2008, 19:26
Thanks Henry.

Just a little anecdote about Ed for some of you who did not know him well. Ed flew with us on line on Friday evenings and at some point in a mission he would excuse himself by saying "My sweetheart is going to bed now and I need to kiss her goodnight". Ed and Irene were married for many years.

Ed was a great CFS 3 partner, a devoted husband and Father and has been missed greatly.

It was once said that the measure of a man is found in his friends and family. In Ed's case he measured very tall.

PS: Ed lived in the mountains of Colorado and the team felt a mountain Chateau would be a fitting tribute to him.

O-1 Driver

ronnybengt
October 2nd, 2008, 22:18
may we pass his memory on....

R

gaw
October 3rd, 2008, 01:38
nice accolade gents.....well done!

rbp71854
October 3rd, 2008, 03:19
One of my fond memories of Ed is the way that he would encourage you to take on new tasks and learn new things. He would clearly explain what task he would like you to do and then tell you he knew that you were capable of doing it. He was a great mentor and freely shared his knowledge with others. He is missed as a friend and as a teammate.

flyer01
October 3rd, 2008, 09:54
Thank You ED Wilson for all you did for the sim CFS3. And Thank You, to all of you who are following in his foot steps.

flyer01

SLIP STREAM
October 3rd, 2008, 12:56
here's ed's ticket to ride from N.A.S.A..for newbees there was a program to put 1 million names on a disc and send it to the moon abourd the lunar probe shot nov.24th. ed's last flight in steel wings,this one's on us ed. gods speed and thanks for everything. :medals::medals::medals:

ps:i belive the ground hog will be the first 4 legged mammel to reach the moon!

Starspeeder_3000
October 3rd, 2008, 16:45
That is really nice what you all did for Ed Wilson. I think Ed was a wonderful gent and he will be missed. Kudos to you all for giving him the respect he deserves!

DonSPa
October 3rd, 2008, 16:45
i must admit theres really no one on here that i know very well or even really personally but i can say that i have seen post from ed and realize he was a very very important part of cfs3 and also someone who was willing to help to some one who needed it. I think it is so very cool on how the ETO team had put something in the game to remember him by and to show that kind of respect. im sure if he would see the kind of work that u all did on the expansion that hed be proud of the whole team.
This kind of dedication to a member is one of the reasons i like visiting this forum

Dave(Dangerous)Boynton
October 4th, 2008, 07:49
I have to agree with everyone here, i flew with him in Steves Friday night missions and he was a great friend who helped me by putting my first model, a Korean junk boat(also used in the Pacific add on) up on the Korean add on website.

He will be a greatly missed friend in this community for all he has brought us will help keep him alive whenever we fly through almost all the add on theatres as he played a major part in most of them.

This chalet in the mountains is very fitting item, well done to all that brought into life.

Dave

SLIP STREAM
November 18th, 2008, 11:01
I was hopeing to post to remind everyone the moon shot we sent ed on was a go.but it's still in testing and has been delayed.the new launch date is april 24 2009. they can't rerelease like we can.

SLIP STREAM
June 14th, 2009, 22:27
For those of us that remmember and knew ed wilson,we placed his name on the lunar reconnaissance orbiter going to the moon and maping it for a year. the finial launch date is this wednesday june 17. thank you ed for all you gave us.all gods blessings to you on your finial flight in steel wings. :engel016:

Capt. Winters
June 14th, 2009, 23:26
Thanks SS,

I will be thinking of Ed on Wednesday...

regards Rob.

tenspeed
June 14th, 2009, 23:40
For those of us that remmember and knew ed wilson,we placed his name on the lunar reconnaissance orbiter going to the moon and maping it for a year. the finial launch date is this wednesday june 17. thank you ed for all you gave us.all gods blessings to you on your finial flight in steel wings. :engel016:

Where will this be launched from? Vandenberg or Kennedy Space Center? I hope it's the space center as I live close by and will watch it go.

tenspeed
June 14th, 2009, 23:45
Never mind. Just did a quick search. Here's the site if anyone is interested.

http://lro.gsfc.nasa.gov/

SLIP STREAM
June 15th, 2009, 00:14
your welcome capt. ten speed its out of canaveral, complex 41, 3:51 EDT.there will be live broadcast to kennedy.a online link to watch may be possible.

Dave(Dangerous)Boynton
June 15th, 2009, 07:41
This great news SS, thankyou for the update on lift off, i will also be thinking of Ed on this day. The day Ed went to explore a new terrain ..... the moon.

Take care friend.

Dave

SLIP STREAM
June 17th, 2009, 11:58
launch delayed to to thursday.5:21 pm EDT.

tenspeed
June 18th, 2009, 13:37
It was overcast so I heard it but didn't see it.

SLIP STREAM
June 18th, 2009, 13:45
thanks tenspeed just checked the site and its off. ed wilson is on his way.the first ground hog to go to the moon. :engel016:

Sixghost
June 19th, 2009, 02:38
Godspeed my friend!:engel016:

HundertzehnGustav
June 19th, 2009, 10:33
*waves Ed off and stands silently*