PDA

View Full Version : New NAvOps gauges and LSO voices

sparouty
December 2nd, 2011, 13:34
Hi,
We just have release a new package for our "Nav Ops" gauge. This gauge allows you to add, to any carrier airplanes, Tacan (homing with AI carriers), custom catapult (adjust the launch speed with airplane's data) and LSO voice control (officer that "guides" pilots during their carrier landings) : http://royalefrenchnavy.gratisim.fr/FSX_Creations.htm

This last package enhances the LSO control with more accurate checks during the last 2 miles before trapping and also with new voice sound files. The previous version was using original FSX/Acceleration sound files, and for this one we recorded specific files thanks to former French Navy pilots and LSO... so, French mood with this files!! :icon_lol:

By the way, it is really easy to enrich this gauge with other specific sets of LSO voices (US or British LSO for instance) and mapped airplanes with different sets: the biggest point is to have the different sound files... So if any one want to record his voice and become a virtual LSO!?!

Regards,
Sylvain

delta_lima
December 2nd, 2011, 14:33
Outstanding - can't wait to try it.

Many thanks, Sylvain!

dl

fliger747
December 2nd, 2011, 17:23
Zut alors!

I could not find it amongst all of the excellent and exciting offerings. Perhaps my French isn't quite up to the task.

Regards: T

delta_lima
December 2nd, 2011, 17:26
Zut alors!

I could not find it amongst all of the excellent and exciting offerings. Perhaps my French isn't quite up to the task.

Regards: T

It's here:

http://royalefrenchnavy.gratisim.fr/FSX_Creations.htm

scroll down halfway down the page, just after the custom catapult gauge.

dl

heywooood
December 2nd, 2011, 17:28
I would love to see this modded for USN Carrier ops...:kilroy:

sparouty
December 2nd, 2011, 23:27
I would love to see this modded for USN Carrier ops...:kilroy:

So do I!
To mod this gauge and have a nice USN LSO, we need a"Voice" and also someone that could rewrite the sentences in a right "USN-speak"...
Regards
S.

expat
December 3rd, 2011, 04:11
Great stuff you are doing again here Sylvain.

Installed the gauges this time (had the earlier version of your TACAN gauge and installed it directly into the panel folder of the plane I have been testing) into the main FSX/Gauges folder but the gauge would not show up. When I placed them into the panel folder however they showed up. I can tell I have the new version and had the LSO voices on final to trapping BUT I fear I now have a major problem - I cannot get the launch bar to engage on my aircraft (ones where I have added [launch_assistance] in the air.cfg, which worked before - using Shift + U then Shift + I - and cannot therefore launch planes anymore.:frown:

sparouty
December 3rd, 2011, 04:23
...BUT I fear I now have a major problem - I cannot get the launch bar to engage on my aircraft (ones where I have added [launch_assistance] in the air.cfg, which worked before - using Shift + U then Shift + I - and cannot therefore launch planes anymore.:frown:

Hi,
FSX is looking firstly into the panel folder and if the gauge is not found, it goes to FSX/Gauges folder. It may explain what you had.
Secondly, the gauge should not interfere with FSX features such as launch bar... What airplane are you using?
Planes that have launch assistance and hook features hard coded into the .mdl (like F18 or EntendardIV) don't need any corresponding entry into their aircraft.cfg...

regards,
S.

hae5904
December 3rd, 2011, 04:29
Merci Sylvain!

For this magnificent gauge....:salute:
And for the Clemenceau version 3.1 update.

Cheers,
Hank

expat
December 3rd, 2011, 05:41
I had added a launch bar to the AS Demon (borrowed the settings from the RAZBAM Intruder) and this was working well with your earlier gauge. After installing v.2 today the Demon and other a/c (without hard coded launch bar assist) failed to engage the catapult. Interestingly, had the same problem with the IRIS F 14 BUT it has a launch bar engage switch in the panel and once I switched this the bar lowered and then I could raise the deflector by pressing Shift + I. Have done a system restore (in my impatience, I failed to heed your warning about backing up gauges and may have unwittingly copied over some FSX default gauges - my fault entirely as your instructions were very clear to back up files) and all is back where I was before. Anyway, I will keep experimenting. Great work!!

robertorizzo
December 3rd, 2011, 09:58
Merci.
Great as usual.

StormILM
December 3rd, 2011, 22:18
Sylvain, thank you very much. Most excellent as usual!

I have already integrated this into the Etendard and Rollus's Rafale M and it works perfectly. Soon I will add it into the Zephyr as well.

Again, many thanks!

ZsoltB
December 3rd, 2011, 23:13
Merci beaucoup!

:france: :hungary:

Zsolt

sparouty
December 4th, 2011, 00:20
Hi!
Thank you! Me and the team appreciate that you like it!

I had added a launch bar to the AS Demon (borrowed the settings from the RAZBAM Intruder) and this was working well with your earlier gauge. After installing v.2 today the Demon and other a/c (without hard coded launch bar assist) failed to engage the catapult. Interestingly, had the same problem with the IRIS F 14 BUT it has a launch bar engage switch in the panel and once I switched this the bar lowered and then I could raise the deflector by pressing Shift + I. Have done a system restore (in my impatience, I failed to heed your warning about backing up gauges and may have unwittingly copied over some FSX default gauges - my fault entirely as your instructions were very clear to back up files) and all is back where I was before. Anyway, I will keep experimenting. Great work!!

Your issue sound unsual to me...I wish you found out the cause, let me know if I can help you...

Sylvain, thank you very much. Most excellent as usual!

I have already integrated this into the Etendard and Rollus's Rafale M and it works perfectly. Soon I will add it into the Zephyr as well.

Again, many thanks!
For your information, we have just release a new version of the Foch/Clemenceau package (V3.2) that inclued some enhancement on the FLOLS system: we had tried to used as much as possible the variables calculated by this last NavOps gauge : accurate meatball positioning, waveoff lights/flash, distance proportional sizing for better visibility, etc...

Regards,
Sylvain

hae5904
December 4th, 2011, 03:27
Hi!
For your information, we have just release a new version of the Foch/Clemenceau package (V3.2) that inclued some enhancement on the FLOLS system: we had tried to used as much as possible the variables calculated by this last NavOps gauge : accurate meatball positioning, waveoff lights/flash, distance proportional sizing for better visibility, etc...
Regards,
Sylvain

Merci Sylvain, downloaded!!

Salut, :salute:
Hank

expat
December 4th, 2011, 09:47
All sorted out. I had no launch bar assistance in the AS Phantom air.cfg. Was all my fault. Your files work perfectly. Very, very cool to be able to find the carrier in the dark or bad weather. Keep up the great work!!