PDA

View Full Version : 50% OFF all REX products

timest
December 2nd, 2011, 13:10
Folks,

Just a heads-up for anyone reading this who doesn't have REX already. All REX downloadable products are 50% off through December.

Happy Holidays!

heywooood
December 2nd, 2011, 17:26
REX is a great product - I have it and recommend it as a necessity in FSX

*BUMP*

Tako_Kichi
December 2nd, 2011, 18:44
Couldn't agree more. :applause:

TeaSea
December 2nd, 2011, 19:15
I need a little education. How does it interact with the various other add-ons, and I'm thinking specifically ORBX type....

I'm also using Shade, and am pretty pleased with it. Is there a potential for conflict, or would I need to use one or the other?

heywooood
December 2nd, 2011, 19:17
I use all of those - plus GEX with no ill effects at all

I run REX, GEX, FSWaterConfig, Shade, ORBX, FTXday/night Utility and several other landclass addons - zero conflicts

fliger747
December 2nd, 2011, 19:19
What is it?

T

Tako_Kichi
December 2nd, 2011, 19:21
REX changes the cloud and water textures and changes the airport runway/taxiway textures if you so desire. Any or all can be turned on or off to dial in a look that you enjoy. It also comes with it's own weather engine but I always leave that off as I find it's invariably in opposition to the Jepsen weather and most people I fly with online use the Jepsen weather.

I just set up a 'theme' I like and install that to FSX and then leave REX alone until I feel like a change of 'theme'.

heywooood
December 2nd, 2011, 19:29
Real Environment X - it enhances weather, clouds, water, lighting..basically all of the environmental aspects of the sim

GEX enhances the ground textures and some night lighting, especially the lighting from the windows of buildings

FSWaterConfig allows you to increase the surface reflection, surface wave animations, and tint of the water - it lets you customize the appearance of the Sun and Moon

light on the water especially

These three programs work together seamlessly and allow you to personalize the way the FSX world looks, to suit your taste

and Shade does what it does to complete the package - if you compare default FSX to FSX enhanced by these four programs you will see

that there IS no comparison

An-225
December 2nd, 2011, 19:33
I've been meaning to get REX for a while...but I prefer boxed copies. I take it, boxed versions don't have any discount at all? :frown:

shackleton_boy
December 2nd, 2011, 20:09
Can anyone please post a link to the developers website?

timest
December 2nd, 2011, 21:29
Here you go Henk :)

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com

TeaSea
December 4th, 2011, 05:48
Guys, thanks!

That's really good info and I am intrigued. Probably the best download I've done, beyond the ORBX series has been Shade, which was a pretty simple utility and not costly at all, but which really added to my pleasure with the simulation (Well, that and a registered copy of FSUIPC are the best little utilities I've done).

So I was not interested in adding anything that may interfere. You've settled that for me.

-Chris