PDA

View Full Version : Air Accident!

kilo delta
December 2nd, 2011, 03:24
My ex-wife started taking flying lessons about the time our divorce started and she got her license shortly before our divorce was final, later that same year.

Yesterday afternoon I got a phone call, that she narrowly escaped injury in the aircraft she was piloting. Seems she was forced to make an emergency landing in Hamilton because of bad weather. Thank God the kids weren't with her.

The FAA issued a preliminary report, citing pilot error: She was flying a single engine aircraft in IFR (instrument flight rating) conditions while only having obtained a VFR (visual flight rating) rating.

The absence of a post-crash fire was likely due to insufficient fuel on board. No one on the ground was injured.

The photograph below was taken at the scene to show the extent of damage to her aircraft.

She was really lucky.

:kilroy::icon_lol:

stansdds
December 2nd, 2011, 03:35
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: :icon_lol::icon_lol:

rdaniell
December 2nd, 2011, 03:43
Kilo Delta, that's just too funny! :icon_lol:

Emil Frand
December 2nd, 2011, 04:16
Good one!

middle
December 2nd, 2011, 07:22
funny

Tako_Kichi
December 2nd, 2011, 08:25
Hey! That looks like my wife's current ride!

paiken
December 2nd, 2011, 10:11
spit take!
Now I have to clean my keyboard.

rayrey10
December 2nd, 2011, 14:58
Hilarious! People at the check out line at the grocery store are looking at me as if I was crazy for laughing so hard.

mrogers
December 2nd, 2011, 18:51
Lol..sure had my attention for a moment :icon_lol::icon_lol:

browngib
December 3rd, 2011, 07:28
My ex-wife started taking flying lessons about the time our divorce started and she got her license shortly before our divorce was final, later that same year.

Yesterday afternoon I got a phone call, that she narrowly escaped injury in the aircraft she was piloting. Seems she was forced to make an emergency landing in Hamilton because of bad weather. Thank God the kids weren't with her.

The FAA issued a preliminary report, citing pilot error: She was flying a single engine aircraft in IFR (instrument flight rating) conditions while only having obtained a VFR (visual flight rating) rating.

The absence of a post-crash fire was likely due to insufficient fuel on board. No one on the ground was injured.

The photograph below was taken at the scene to show the extent of damage to her aircraft.

She was really lucky.

:kilroy::icon_lol:

A good landing is when you can walk away so I assume that TOB is still flying!

Note: TOB - The Old Bat

Wulf190
December 3rd, 2011, 13:27
You son of a...!

YOU OWE ME A NEW KEYBOARD!

Nice joke. ;)

srgalahad
December 6th, 2011, 20:07
man, I do NOT want to see the curse she is going to put on you after she gets a copy of this thread..

:redfire:

demorier
December 6th, 2011, 23:48
She forgot to put the carbi heater on the broom.

b52bob
December 7th, 2011, 07:09
She is most probably not amused

Rimshot
December 7th, 2011, 07:54
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

crashaz
December 7th, 2011, 11:54
Nice, Lots of keyboards getting replaced today!!!! :icon_lol::icon_lol: