PDA

View Full Version : PTO Rising Sun Installation question

Emile
December 2nd, 2011, 01:13
Hello team,
"After firstflight, you can copy and paste your ConfigOverrides.xml andcustom.xca controller file from another installation to the\Application Data\Microsoft\CFS3 PTO Rising Sun folder."

I find the ConfigOverridesdw.xml With a "DW" at the end in my other installations.

I do not find Custom.xca in any installations
?
Thanks for your help

rbp71854
December 2nd, 2011, 01:36
Hello team,
"After firstflight, you can copy and paste your ConfigOverrides.xml andcustom.xca controller file from another installation to the\Application Data\Microsoft\CFS3 PTO Rising Sun folder."

I find the ConfigOverridesdw.xml With a "DW" at the end in my other installations.

I do not find Custom.xca in any installations
?
Thanks for your help

Emile

This is a way to quickly set up your install and is only a suggestion. You will find the necessary files in your Application Data\Microsoft location of other CFS3 add ons. The custom.xml may be named differently in your install, it is the name of the control device file you customized for your joy stick. Not sure about the DW at the end of your configOverides.xml

Bob

Emile
December 2nd, 2011, 01:44
hello rbp,

I have a "emile.xca" and configOverrides.xml in my ETO AppData Win7 .

these 2 files?
Thanks in advance

stumpjumper1
December 2nd, 2011, 02:42
this is what mine looked like i had to use my config items form another install i used pto see attached , then after running it once exited game then deleted the usiel file and then ran again and works for me anyway lol,

rbp71854
December 2nd, 2011, 02:56
hello rbp,

I have a "emile.xca" and configOverrides.xml in my ETO AppData Win7 .

these 2 files?
Thanks in advance

Yes Emile. The emile.xca looks like your "custom" joy stick file you set up for your eto install. The only reason to copy these files to your RS install is to save you time setting up the configoverides file and setting up your joy stick settings again.

Bob

Emile
December 2nd, 2011, 03:55
Hello and thanks guys ...:wavey:

All under control and the Sun is Rising ..:belgium:

panzervoador
December 2nd, 2011, 07:23
When I try to run the RS he asks me to insert the CD-ROM CFS3, but I have it on DVD-ROM and even then it is not accepted and appears the same message to insert the CD-ROM.

rbp71854
December 2nd, 2011, 10:00
When I try to run the RS he asks me to insert the CD-ROM CFS3, but I have it on DVD-ROM and even then it is not accepted and appears the same message to insert the CD-ROM.

Interesting. I am not sure I have an answer. Is your DVD a copy of an official M$ cd? or was your DVD an after M$ issued DVD? Was your stock CFS3 patched to 3.1a? Sorry for asking some additional questions but hopefully it will help us investigate what is going on.

Bob

panzervoador
December 2nd, 2011, 17:09
Interesting. I am not sure I have an answer. Is your DVD a copy of an official M$ cd? or was your DVD an after M$ issued DVD? Was your stock CFS3 patched to 3.1a? Sorry for asking some additional questions but hopefully it will help us investigate what is going on.

Bob

The DVD came in an edition of a magazine called "FULLGAMES" that this issue was released in late 2008 and was already in version 3.1a.

marklaur
December 2nd, 2011, 22:34
The DVD came in an edition of a magazine called "FULLGAMES" that this issue was released in late 2008 and was already in version 3.1a.

The DVD versions do not need the disk in to play as they are protection free.Although mine came in at version 3.1 had to install the last patch.

I have not been able to download the files yet to see if I get the same error as you. I can not log in to aussiex for some reason.

Cheers MarkL

Capt. Winters
December 3rd, 2011, 01:53
Hi mark

Try taking the CFS3.exe out of your stock install and place it into your RS install this should get you going.

Regards Rob.

panzervoador
December 3rd, 2011, 04:48
Hi mark

Try taking the CFS3.exe out of your stock install and place it into your RS install this should get you going.

Regards Rob.
It worked. Thank you.

PurpleBird
December 3rd, 2011, 18:38

I also had this same problem and Capt. Winters CFS3.exe swap got me :running: :salute: