PDA

View Full Version : Baytower RV-7 now at Beta 3

skyhawka4m
December 1st, 2011, 21:45
Some nice changes....I like the WAG lights myself.

RV7 Config Tool included
Canopy reflection map added
Canopy tint fixed
Baro-pressure calibration animation matches value
Cylinder Head temperature function added
Throttle/Pitch/Mixture auto-set context function added
Three-way light switch (off/panel/cabin)
Pitot heat added
Panel labels brightened at night
Registration labels correspond to exterior numbers
Cabin and panel lightning method revisited
GMA340 annunciator lamps added in 3D cockpit
Interior specular maps added
Interior diffuse maps polished

Roger
December 1st, 2011, 22:51
Great! Thanks for the HU.

OleBoy
December 2nd, 2011, 04:40
This is good news. Thanks for the latest gossip. I haven't been to the forum over there since the first (beta) released. Is there a somewhat definitive date for release proposed yet? No idea what's on the "fix list."

skyhawka4m
December 2nd, 2011, 05:43
Honestly...I'm not sure.....I wil say that the cockpit is much nicer now.....the texturing is awesome.....I have been hoping someone would come out with the WAG effect for lighting....hoping to see if it works in other GA aircraft.

OleBoy
December 2nd, 2011, 05:56
Thanks for the info. I just popped over to Baytower forums and had a read about the beta 3 release. The info contained in the thread sounds real good. Promising. The included pictures, almost like scratch and sniff. :icon_lol: It's coming along real nicely!

Felixthreeone
December 2nd, 2011, 11:20
I am enjoying it

italoc
December 3rd, 2011, 08:36
Very very nice !!!:applause::applause:
To my taste ready to be issued free !!!:salute::salute:
Italo

falcon409
December 3rd, 2011, 15:20
Honestly...I'm not sure.....I wil say that the cockpit is much nicer now.....the texturing is awesome.....I have been hoping someone would come out with the WAG effect for lighting....hoping to see if it works in other GA aircraft.
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the "WAG" effect?

N2056
December 3rd, 2011, 15:21
It's short for wig-wag. The left & right landing lights flash in a pattern similar to the lights at a railroad crossing.

falcon409
December 3rd, 2011, 15:28
It's short for wig-wag. The left & right landing lights flash in a pattern similar to the lights at a railroad crossing.
Hmmm, ok. . . .is there a reason you would need landing lights to flash on and off?

OleBoy
December 3rd, 2011, 16:46
Hmmm, ok. . . .is there a reason you would need landing lights to flash on and off?

For better visibility at further distances. http://www.periheliondesign.com/wigwagmnl.htm

falcon409
December 3rd, 2011, 16:48
For better visibility at further distances. http://www.periheliondesign.com/wigwagmnl.htm
Got it!:salute:

danyboy21
December 3rd, 2011, 19:00
And now, fully compatible Dx10 :icon_lol: