PDA

View Full Version : Influences To Fly?

Barnes
December 1st, 2011, 00:36
Hi all

Does anyone else find this?. I can fly the wings of a new addon aircraft for up to 2 weeks then move on to the next new one produced by our much loved and apprechated developers. Then i need only watch a film, news story or read an article then i enjoy getting back in the cockpit of an aircraft i have not used for months. I also find that a new repaint will inspire a return to enjoy a flight in an old favourite.

Daube
December 1st, 2011, 00:50
Same here.
Last time, a great video showing an official P-47 pilot trainning was posted, and in the evening my P-47 went out of the hangar :)
And it's not specific to an aircraft, it can be simply a kind of flight. For example, each time I have to take a plane in real life, I get that will to make a small IFR flight with a liner in FSX.
It's a matter of context and motivation, I guess.

warchild
December 1st, 2011, 00:59
I used to do that.. In fact, i used to download ten to twenty aircraft a day ( freeware ) fly them, and then move on to the next days downloads.. Then i started making flight models, and i'd fly the plane till the model was released and usually walk away feeling like I accomplished something, but it wasnt satisfactory too me..
Now, i own what i believe to be one of the best hangars in the hobby. The only top end plane i dont have is the warbirdsim P-51 ( because like most people, its out of my price range ), but, I never fly any of them. Instead, I find myself flying one of two planes. Either our own P-61 or Robs PL-4. Theyre both just very satisfying to me and visually a treat. I dont need the new planes or the old planes any more. Its just been a matter of finding the right plane.. I've gotten over 2500 hours in the P-61 and I still love that thing. My bpartner Paul ( delta558 ) is helping too make it even better.
I think most people are like that though. Its like getting a pair of pants. You wont be satisfied till you find the pair that fits just right, and then you'll never wear another pair in your life ( unless of course they wear out )..
The P-61 fits me, You'll find your right plane :), that much I'm very confident of..
Pam

jpmouse
December 1st, 2011, 01:03
Hi all

Does anyone else find this?. I can fly the wings of a new addon aircraft for up to 2 weeks then move on to the next new one produced by our much loved and apprechated developers. Then i need only watch a film, news story or read an article then i enjoy getting back in the cockpit of an aircraft i have not used for months. I also find that a new repaint will inspire a return to enjoy a flight in an old favourite.

Yes I do also. It's the constant excitement of a hobby I have enjoyed for 25+ years. The fun never ends!