PDA

View Full Version : Aleutions

Talon
November 30th, 2011, 15:51
Lovely weather we're having today as usual.

gavinc
December 1st, 2011, 00:03
Lovely weather we're having today as usual.
Yep - looks like you are having a perfect flying day :icon_lol:

Is that using Real World Weather or have you coded that into the missions?

Gavin

p14u2nv
December 1st, 2011, 07:46
Looking good Talon, can't wait to see more of this more or less forgotten aspect of WWII in CFS2. :salute:

Talon
December 1st, 2011, 20:08
Looking good Talon, can't wait to see more of this more or less forgotten aspect of WWII in CFS2. :salute:

But it just doesn't seem to generate much interest. Guess it's time to put it to sleep and move on.

Gavin no special weather just some changes of numbers in the mission file. I mentioned this awhile back but there was no interest in it. So I never brought the subject up again.

kdriver
December 2nd, 2011, 04:58
Hi Talon,

If you have done any missions, I certainly would be interested in them.

I've been modifying Yoshi (Rolf) Nagata's missions to fit Uncle Tgt's fabulous scenery.

CrisGer
December 2nd, 2011, 07:19
Contrrary to rumor many of us are interested in this fascinating theatre of the war, it was a huge effort for both sides and there was much heroism again on both sides.... i had hoped to be able to make some details for the bases for both sides but life has delayed that, i still hope to lend a hand with that after i finish severl projects for work, things have been very slow due to the economy so have had to do anything i coiuld. But any campaigns or efforts for thei Theatre woudl be wonderful....as there has been very little until the recent wonderful scenery advances mentioned already in this thread..... i was not even sure how far that had gone...but it is very hopeful....and anything you have donie Talon would be wonderful to see.

We should probably use the European water textures for this region as the ocean is a dark gray instead of the toothpaste green of the default Pacific which never has been accurate to start with.

Talon
December 2nd, 2011, 14:09
Kdriver I did missions pf the Japanese attack on Dutch Harbor also. In them you fly a Kate,a Val or a Zero.

Devildog73
December 3rd, 2011, 02:38
Talon,
I am also interested in you missions in the Aleutions. I am sidelined with recent shoulder surgery to my strong side shoulder, but am still interested in keeping our hobby alive and well and growing. I have other Med missions that I am sidelined from working, let alone completing. I am hoping that when Rami is here, he and I can do much to rectify that situation together.

So, bottom line; please finish your missions up there. There is interest from the silent majority of us.

kdriver
December 3rd, 2011, 04:37
I did missions pf the Japanese attack on Dutch Harbor also. In them you fly a Kate,a Val or a Zero.

Sounds great Talon - I'm looking forward to them.

As CrisGer and Devildog mention, it's not a matter of losing interest, but just finding the time to devote to our hobby.

Kevin

p14u2nv
December 3rd, 2011, 19:40
I bet the number of downloads would tell a totally different tale concerning the level of interest to be much higher than you think Talon. I, like everyone else, am really looking forward to this release.

Rami
December 3rd, 2011, 19:43
Good evening,

One of the issues up in that part of the world, at least that's what a little birdie told me, is that there wasn't a lot of fighter-on-fighter combat. Building bomber-based missions get a little boring after a while, especially if you don't like driving a bus.