PDA

View Full Version : FSX TrackIR Question...

Korzik
November 30th, 2011, 15:48
I use TrackIR. I LOVE it for in the VC but, hate it when trying to grab a screen shot in Chase cam. Does anyone know of anyway to set it up so only the VC uses the TrackIR? And the other camera views would use the joystick tophat switch.

Thanks.

LonelyplanetXO
November 30th, 2011, 17:56
I might be wrong, but so far as I know there's no way to automatically turn off track IR when cycling views. It did just that in FS9 - track in VC view and not external; but it's not 100% compatible with FSX because of M$'s crappy move in the VC thing.
I just assign F12 to enable/disable track IR & hit it if I switch views.

LPXO

modelr
November 30th, 2011, 18:15
Set a button or key to pause the Track IR when you want to go outside.
then restart it when back inside the cockpit.
Works great.

OleBoy
November 30th, 2011, 18:39
Korzik,

Have a read through this topic. What you're wanting to do, has been discussed just last week. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?59662-TrackIR&highlight=trackir

Korzik
December 1st, 2011, 00:19
Pause it is!
And searching fail on my part. Good to see this forums community is still great. No "use search you moron" responses. :mixedsmi:

OleBoy
December 1st, 2011, 04:02
Personally, I like using JAB FSX better than configuring/pushing "another" button. What it does is all automatic once you get it set to go.

DaveWG
December 1st, 2011, 09:29
Yep, JAB is great, although it would be good if a dev could make a simple simconnect dll to include the same functionallity within FSX so you didn't have an extra external prog running.