PDA

View Full Version : "Nothing Can Stop The Army Air Corps"

casey jones
December 16th, 2008, 09:14
I was watching TCM the other night where they show those one reel shorts before the main feature...it was a color presentation of General Hap Arnold awarding new pilot wings to the first graduating class of 1942, it did not say where it was made, but when the Battalion Squadron Commander gave the cadets "9 paces forward" The band played "Off we go into the wild blue yonder" Then a whole flight of highly polished T-6s flew over!! I could see Curtiss At-6s and new T-6s all lined up on the flight line and a Lockheed A-29 Attack Bomber. It made goose bumps on me! I have never seen anything like that.

Victory Through Air Power!

Casey

crashaz
December 16th, 2008, 14:01
Ah saw the same short... had the same reaction. Good stuff!:applause:

Helldiver
December 16th, 2008, 14:50
Theres no better marching song or something to get guys motivated than "Off you into the wild blue yonder"
I mean "I got the blue from a pretty girls eyes" sounds pretty gay as far as I'm concerned. The Air Force should rethink that one.
"Down we go, spouting our flames from under", makes you want to strap on a P-47 and kill something.
Those are the songs I remember.

middle
December 16th, 2008, 14:59
Helldiver, just out of sheer curiosity, what rank did you hold when you left the service? middle

Warhawk1130
December 16th, 2008, 15:01
Helldiver, just out of sheer curiosity, what rank did you hold when you left the service? middle

As crusty as he is? I would suspect he was a BMCM when he left. If he would have stuck around another month, they were going to make him MCPON :jump:

Helldiver
December 16th, 2008, 17:52
amm3/c