PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious Shrinking Uploads List

Mick
October 2nd, 2008, 14:56
Well, I came to the home page and saw the usual list of the ten latest uploads, and I hadn't seen any of them before.

So to look back a bit further and see what else I missed, I clicked the link at the bottom of the list that says More Latest Uploads - and it brought me to a new page with only TWO items listed.

So I went to Add-Ons on the menu bar and clicked on Latest Add-Ons, and that produced a list of just ONE item.

What's up with this?

Baron von Blutwurst
October 2nd, 2008, 15:06
I noticed that too Mick. I uploaded my new Floh paint and checked my listing, http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=Baron%20von%20Blutwurst , do you see something sstrange?

Cheers
Randy

EMatheson
October 2nd, 2008, 16:04
I am seeing no problems in Firefox - I did see what you mean using IE7, though...

Baron von Blutwurst
October 2nd, 2008, 16:10
In Firefox, all 7 of my Uploads are there?

rayrey10
October 2nd, 2008, 16:43
Yep in Firefox all 7 files are there but when I open the page with IE7 only the "BlutWerks©2008 DFW T.28 Floh "Russian Nieuport Scheme" is listed.

Is that happening to the entire library? Gotta check it out

Mick
October 2nd, 2008, 17:36
Well, isn't that odd...???

When I checked with Firefox I saw everything, but with IE6 I still only see one or two listings once I leave the home page.

Not long ago I started having problems with a photo sharing site (MyPhotoAlbum) and it turned out to be a browser compatibility issue; the site didn't like IE6, though it seems to work OK with IE7.

I never upgraded to IE7 because I read where folks were having trouble with it and one of the FS sites (can't recall which one - maybe this one?)

Purty strange goin's on...

deathfromafar
October 2nd, 2008, 18:35
Same here, in firefox all seem to be visible.

Baron von Blutwurst
October 2nd, 2008, 20:12
maybe I'll reinstall firefox then. :D Would rather keep my rig with one browser though.

ibl19108
October 3rd, 2008, 01:31
Yup. When I click on the add-ons page, all the latest add-ons are there. But try to see all re-paints. Different story. Only see der Baron's latest add-on.:banghead::censored: Must be MS playing games with us to try and get us to use their new OS "Mojave/Vista". Strange as they intend to replace it with a new OS called Microsoft 7 in 2009.

Derek
Just checked the FSX re-paints. They are all there. This seems to be limited to just the 2004/FS9 re-paints

huub vink
October 3rd, 2008, 03:02
Somehow it seems the Floh repaint seems to block the rest. It has been mentioned in the moderators forum, so somebody with the required knowledge will look at it.

Cheers,
Huub

Cazzie
October 3rd, 2008, 04:39
I have not used IE in over 3 years, Firefox even uploads and downloads files so much faster than IE, it is a moot point ever going back to IE and all their BS.

Caz

Douglas
October 3rd, 2008, 05:37
I changed over to Firefox years ago and use IE very rarely now ,

Terry
October 3rd, 2008, 06:15
I have not used IE in over 3 years, Firefox even uploads and downloads files so much faster than IE, it is a moot point ever going back to IE and all their BS.

Caz

I am using IE7. When one adds Firefox do they live together on a hard drive without conflicts or install problems?

Paularx
October 3rd, 2008, 06:46
Terry, you will find that Firefox and all versions of IE will happily co-exist with no issues at all.

Firefox will offer to import your bookmarks / favourites when your'e installing it, as well as notify you that it is not currently the default browser, then will offer you the choice to make it so.

All in all I have always reccomended Firefox to customers - try it for yourself - you will be very satisfied I am sure.

Happily using Firefox for 3 years now - i feel it is rather a large improvement for my browsing - faster and safer.

Paul.

Terry
October 3rd, 2008, 07:30
Terry, you will find that Firefox and all versions of IE will happily co-exist with no issues at all.

Firefox will offer to import your bookmarks / favourites when your'e installing it, as well as notify you that it is not currently the default browser, then will offer you the choice to make it so.

All in all I have always reccomended Firefox to customers - try it for yourself - you will be very satisfied I am sure.

Happily using Firefox for 3 years now - i feel it is rather a large improvement for my browsing - faster and safer.

Paul.

Thanks Paul. What happens to the IE7 plugins such as Flash Player?
Do I lose use of them?

EMatheson
October 3rd, 2008, 07:56
Thanks Paul. What happens to the IE7 plugins such as Flash Player?
Do I lose use of them?
yes, you have to redownload new plugins for firefox - but that is not much of an issue since almost all the plugins out there have been developed for both - remember, Firefox has like 30% of the market share - and 1/3 of all your consumers is hardly a fraction anyone wants to sneeze at!
plus, there are a number of plugin features that Firefox supports natively - I think Java is one of them - that means you have fewer plugins to download in the first place.