PDA

View Full Version : What ever happen to Virtavia?

papab
November 27th, 2011, 03:02
Their web site has been down for several months.....says "page under construction"

Anyone know?

Rick

michael davies
November 27th, 2011, 03:49
Indeed!, inquiring minds would like to know too!.

italoc
November 27th, 2011, 05:41
I'm wandering, too http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon28.gif
Italo

fsafranek
November 27th, 2011, 07:42
The site was hacked a while back. It was suggested that this was because an anti-piracy feature was being included in all models. Unrelated, but at the same time on a different server, our beta forum went down. Thankfully the forum and the volumes of discussions on in-development projects were recovered and are in use again. For whatever reason the main site hasn't been rebuilt but all of the pure Virtavia (post Alphasim) products have had the anti-piracy feature removed (I think) and are available on various third party vender sites rather than exclusively on the Virtavia site.

The group is smaller now and I think product development is getting all the emphasis. Danial Dunn isn't around anymore and he used to take care of designing and maintaining the website. I guess I'm probably the only website guy still on board but I haven't been approached.

Hope this helps.
:ernae:

tommieboy
November 27th, 2011, 08:17
I was worried too; nice to know that they are still around......

Tommy

hschuit
November 27th, 2011, 08:41
One of the things I still hope for is them finishing that very promising Sepecat Jaguar project but my faith is slowly fading, I cannot find anything on the web about it anymore. Last vital sign I saw of it was I think early this year, there were screenshots of the VC, looked like it was almost ready for beta testing then. :confused:

Mach3DS
November 27th, 2011, 11:11
Hopefully they release an FSX B58....:)

mal998
November 27th, 2011, 11:39
There still is a possibilty that the Jaguar will be released at some point in the future. Don't know about the B-58.

William Njurmi
November 27th, 2011, 12:05
I bought the F-106 straight from Alphasim and after I lost my FS backups a while ago, I obviously cannot get the plane back? Luckily I got the FSX version installed, but the FS9 version is gone..

hae5904
November 27th, 2011, 12:13
One of the things I still hope for is them finishing that very promising Sepecat Jaguar project but my faith is slowly fading, I cannot find anything on the web about it anymore. Last vital sign I saw of it was I think early this year, there were screenshots of the VC, looked like it was almost ready for beta testing then. :confused:

I gave up hope for getting the Jaguar once their forum closed down , haven't seen any news since! Only some paints Pierre was working on and the VC shots (though they were the same as shown previously on the AS forum way back), more like as if he was keeping a dream alive.....

To be honest, I will be thrilled to see the 3 promised packages of the Jaguar arriving (the sooner the better), but that was way back in 2009, with all the modeling complete.....Hopefully I will be wrong.

Cheers,
Hank

fsafranek
November 27th, 2011, 14:25
I gave up hope for getting the Jaguar once their forum closed down , haven't seen any news since! Only some paints Pierre was working on and the VC shots (though they were the same as shown previously on the AS forum way back), more like as if he was keeping a dream alive.....

To be honest, I will be thrilled to see the 3 promised packages of the Jaguar arriving (the sooner the better), but that was way back in 2009, with all the modeling complete.....Hopefully I will be wrong.

Cheers,
Hank
Last Jaguar images posted in the beta forum were of the VC being re-textured by Remi. This was the last weekend of October. Can't do anything anything about the pace of development but it is moving along.

hae5904
November 27th, 2011, 14:30
Thanks Frank!

Great to know it is still in the pipeline! :icon_lol:

Cheers,
Hank

Naismith
November 27th, 2011, 21:49
I'm wandering, too http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon28.gif
Italo

Where ya going?

papab
November 28th, 2011, 02:55
The site was hacked a while back. It was suggested that this was because an anti-piracy feature was being included in all models. Unrelated, but at the same time on a different server, our beta forum went down. Thankfully the forum and the volumes of discussions on in-development projects were recovered and are in use again. For whatever reason the main site hasn't been rebuilt but all of the pure Virtavia (post Alphasim) products have had the anti-piracy feature removed (I think) and are available on various third party vender sites rather than exclusively on the Virtavia site.

The group is smaller now and I think product development is getting all the emphasis. Danial Dunn isn't around anymore and he used to take care of designing and maintaining the website. I guess I'm probably the only website guy still on board but I haven't been approached.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Frank for the update...
I have several of their products and I really like what they produce

Glad to hear they ae still developing...

Rick

centuryseries
December 1st, 2011, 09:35
Hopefully they release an FSX B58....:)

It's still a possibility at some point.

SeanTK
December 2nd, 2011, 14:30
Does anyone know if it's still possible to re-obtain products that were bought directly from the Alphasim store?

I recently did a full, fresh system upgrade, and didn't backup my SH-2 Seasprite file, thinking that I had purchased it from someplace like Simmarket or FSPilotshop.

Looking through my email receipts, it turns out that it is pretty much the only product that I for some reason purchased from Alphasim directly.

Despite having my receipt, is it a lost cause in terms of trying to get it again?
Not sure if there is a way to contact Virtavia, or if one of the other vendors would be willing to work with me on this issue.
It's a great addon, but I won't be buying it a second time.

mal998
December 2nd, 2011, 18:07
If you still have original purchase info you can try emailing them at: virtavia@bigpond.com

fsafranek
December 28th, 2011, 15:46
Virtavia (http://www.virtavia.com) has started a new website.
And also have a new Tech Support e-mail: tech.support -at- virtavia.com.