PDA

View Full Version : Man, I had a blast last night!

Lionheart
November 26th, 2011, 18:06
Hey all,

Yesterday, I was tired. Sim work beat me up this week, again... I decided at sunset to fire up X3 and go for a jaunt and shoot down enemy ships. I was meaning to get back to work after that, but instead must have spent 3 hours out there in the galaxies. I HAD A BLAST! (pardon the pun).

Thank you God for X3TC and FS2004. What would I do without them.

Bill

GT182
January 7th, 2012, 17:13
Well Bill.... are you still having a blast shooting enemy ships Bill?

Two nights ago I was out in the 'Verse doing my assassinations, plus patroling Sectors and protecting various space docks. In the time it took to run 4 missions I was rewarded 26,394,462 credits. The biggest reward was the protection of a Teladi station that paid over 8 million credits.

Lastnight it was an assassination that paid over 9 million credits and the protection of a Military Outpost that paid over 12 million. Also sold a few claimed ships just to get them out of the way. But no selling of wares claimed, tho I have 3 TS ships loaded to the hilt with all I'm claimed. The two nights combined put me over 1,011,000,000 credits earned. Now you know why I'm not a Trader or even have the inkling to be one. It took a while to do but I reached my 1 billion goal. Not easy but it is doable. X3-TC/AMS Mod is addictive.... and so is shooting up the enemy. LOL

I think I'm going to pull this set of Saves out and start new. I'll save them so I can come back later on. Tho I might keep a few credits to get things going. But nothing more than a million. ;)

Lionheart
January 8th, 2012, 13:13
Well Bill.... are you still having a blast shooting enemy ships Bill? Two nights ago I was out in the 'Verse doing my assassinations, plus patroling Sectors and protecting various space docks. In the time it took to run 4 missions I was rewarded 26,394,462 credits. The biggest reward was the protection of a Teladi station that paid over 8 million credits. Lastnight it was an assassination that paid over 9 million credits and the protection of a Military Outpost that paid over 12 million. Also sold a few claimed ships just to get them out of the way. But no selling of wares claimed, tho I have 3 TS ships loaded to the hilt with all I'm claimed. The two nights combined put me over 1,011,000,000 credits earned. Now you know why I'm not a Trader or even have the inkling to be one. It took a while to do but I reached my 1 billion goal. Not easy but it is doable. X3-TC/AMS Mod is addictive.... and so is shooting up the enemy. LOL I think I'm going to pull this set of Saves out and start new. I'll save them so I can come back later on. Tho I might keep a few credits to get things going. But nothing more than a million. ;)GOODNESS!!!!26.4 MIL!!!!!!!?? ACK!Well, I need to get into your line of work then. I was doing alot of taxiing around of passengers and only made about 3.5 Mil, as hard as I worked. I'll check the price on a new mini corvette and see what all I can do in that field. Goodness Gary.... Goodness!!!

GT182
January 9th, 2012, 10:13
It's all in a good days work Bill. Once you start it ain't easy to quit seeing the credits are so good. But, you have to stay with it and build up your notoriety. It might not pay all that great at the start but it will before long. Just check in every sector you go too for the red icon next to a station. Check the time limit too. Free Jump will get you to the sector you must be in so you can beat that 12 minute (or less) time limit.

And Pause the Game when you're writing down what you have to do, the Difficulty, where you must go, the Time Limit, Reward, and the ship you need to destroy. I keep a Log of every mission I do, and how much I'm paid once I complete it.

gigabyte
January 14th, 2012, 01:47
Gary you do know there is a mision log that records all that stuff right, and the message log will also keep track of a ton of those details, I have the short cuts for both mapped to my keyboard so I can call them up inflight and reread anything I need, I find it much better than pausing, writing, and worst of all trying to figure out my hen scratches later...

GT182
January 16th, 2012, 05:13
Yeah Mike, I know that about records being saved. I only pause to write things down for a paper record when the time limit is short. Maybe a cheat on my part but it helps getting those long names written down. ;) LOL

Lionheart
January 18th, 2012, 08:17
Well Mike,

I have really been working on doing those 'follow this guy, he's a crook, find his base' missions. I either lose them or I am detected. arrgh... I'll keep working at it.

Bill

gigabyte
January 18th, 2012, 17:46
Bill make sure you have Guidance turned on and it will be hard to lose them, and if you are flying a super tuned ship it is best to stay just out of range, keep him targeted and use "Match Target Speed" and also use the Follow Target, then just sit back and collect the cash.