PDA

View Full Version : I think you might want to see this...

timghetta
November 26th, 2011, 18:00
IRIS F-15E Strike Eagle will be released soon.

http://youtu.be/JRv23YSu90g (http://youtu.be/JRv23YSu90g)
Enjoy!

Matt Wynn
November 26th, 2011, 18:42
wow.... love that lighting! great job!

timghetta
November 26th, 2011, 18:46
Thanks Matt,

Yes, this plane was designed for 'Night Operations', you should see it at night. That's why it has all of the dimming features for night vision, like the real aircraft.

Tim

robert_basil
November 26th, 2011, 20:37
So this has working weapons? I do like how it is looking, but how is it on frame rates?

Smudge
November 26th, 2011, 21:57
Awesome stuff Tim.

Robert, yes she will have working weapons and an ordnance manager that dynamically adjusts weight on the aircraft. We are currently coding the ability to have drag affected also.

As for frame rates, she is very detailed and as such requires more grunt than the usual IRIS product, that being said, she's very well optimized for FS operations in single player and multiplayer, with shared cockpit being a focus point during development.

After all, what is the point in having a twin seated aircraft if you can't take a mate for a ride!! :-)

robert_basil
November 26th, 2011, 22:59
Awesome stuff Tim.

Robert, yes she will have working weapons and an ordnance manager that dynamically adjusts weight on the aircraft. We are currently coding the ability to have drag affected also.

As for frame rates, she is very detailed and as such requires more grunt than the usual IRIS product, that being said, she's very well optimized for FS operations in single player and multiplayer, with shared cockpit being a focus point during development.

After all, what is the point in having a twin seated aircraft if you can't take a mate for a ride!! :-)

I just hope you make as accurate as possible, I will be looking over it with a fine-tooth comb. I use to crew these jets almost 20 years ago and really want to see an accurate F-15 developed.

Thanks,
Rob

Smudge
November 26th, 2011, 23:01
I'm confident you won't be disappointed. :-)

MenendezDiego
November 26th, 2011, 23:15
I just hope you make as accurate as possible, I will be looking over it with a fine-tooth comb. I use to crew these jets almost 20 years ago and really want to see an accurate F-15 developed.

Thanks,
Rob

Ever work on an aircraft flown by Rusty 'Crash' Miller?

Regards, Diego

robert_basil
November 26th, 2011, 23:26
Ever work on an aircraft flown by Rusty 'Crash' Miller?

Regards, Diego

No I haven't.
Rob

hschuit
November 27th, 2011, 02:29
Thanks for sharing! If 1st impressions count I would say the exterior shape looks spot on. I have watched and taken pictures of many F-15E's and imho the IRIS model looks better than the other one which was released last week - specially the nose and canopy are captured better by IRIS.

Phantom88
November 27th, 2011, 02:51
:salute:Very Nice!

Stickshaker
November 27th, 2011, 05:51
Smudge, this looks wonderful! Will there be the possibility for realistic aerial refuelling?

TAFKAM
November 28th, 2011, 10:51
Oh man, Tim you went shkabaaaaaaaaaaaaaanG! such a detail and you guys had the right INTEL for sure.....this is freakin' awesome...cant wait to fly the bird.......with or without ya ...just kidding! You are still growing man, this is A class modeling!!

timghetta
November 28th, 2011, 17:13
Thanks Bud, we did a lot of research and got it right.

MDIvey
November 29th, 2011, 00:08
Beautiful modelling Tim... will be getting one of these to add to the hangar I think. Do you have a C model planned out of interest?

BTW title of thread very understated!:jump:

Matt

DagR
November 29th, 2011, 10:56
Outstanding Tim, superb work. I just hope for good FPS :-)

timghetta
November 29th, 2011, 14:14
Thank you Matt and Dag,

@Matt, We are sticking only to the E model, as I can only say when you find out why in the distant future you will be excited.

@Dag, Yes, we have focused on FPS, and we are currently in a tight rope act between performance and detail. I can't say anymore at this time.

Tim

TAFKAM
November 30th, 2011, 08:29
Wooh Tim...just seen the picture on Facebook about the HUD with 1 of a real snapshot....this gashizzle is awesome dude!!!!! looks real man!!

linkydinky: http://www.facebook.com/FSX.F15.Development

TTYL bro!

Best regards,

joanvalley
November 30th, 2011, 11:35
There are things in this model that haven't been shown yet that are simply amazing, truly great by Tim, David.

Jose.

neutrino
November 30th, 2011, 12:46
This is another one they just posted, just incredible :)

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/377901_227888633950013_143676605704550_585059_1982 228332_n.jpg

timghetta
November 30th, 2011, 16:21
Thank you Everyone,

It's been coming together nicely, we are just working on the weapons and getting her ready for a release.
She should be out soon.

Tim

timghetta
November 30th, 2011, 23:28
Here is a couple of shots of the AB (afterburners).
These photos are untouched, straight from the sim.

Hope you like them,
Tim

CodyValkyrie
November 30th, 2011, 23:50
Wooh Tim...just seen the picture on Facebook about the HUD with 1 of a real snapshot....this gashizzle is awesome dude!!!!! looks real man!!

linkydinky: http://www.facebook.com/FSX.F15.Development

TTYL bro!

Best regards,

You mean this?

Tim is one of the best damn modelers out there and has been around the industry for a long while. He's a heck of a fun guy too. Met him at FANCON back in 07 and had a lot of fun hanging with him.

Phantom88
December 1st, 2011, 02:55
:jump:Nice!!

timghetta
December 1st, 2011, 18:08
Thanks Cody,

I had fun hanging out with you too. I miss those conventions, and all of us getting together have drinks and just getting to know each other on a personal level.

Tim