PDA

View Full Version : FSX Canopy problem with external view of FS2004 aircraft

findus
November 25th, 2011, 06:27
Hello everybody,

I would like to know if there is a solution for the following problem: Using the external view, under certain light or background conditions, the canopy view of some FS2004 aircraft (CS, Alphasim) is not visible. A screenshot is added to illustrate the issue.
Thx in advance!

Daube
November 25th, 2011, 06:50
There is no solution, since this is a problem linked to how FSX draws the FS9 planes.

However, instead of using a FS9 Starfighter, you might want to download and install the SimSkunkWorks Starfighter, which is freeware (in version 2 only, version 3 is payware) AND in FSX format (which means: no display problems). ;)

findus
November 28th, 2011, 06:02
Thx a lot for your reply. It´s really a pity. I know the simskunkworks F-104 very well. There just a lot of other FS2004 planes around, that are a fun to fly with FSX.

Lateral-G
November 28th, 2011, 06:28
Are you using FSX (unpatched), FSX w/SP 1 or FSX w/SP 2?

IIRC SP2 fixed some of the canopy problems. I'm trying to think back almost 4 years now but I seem to recall my AS F-4's had canopy problems in the external view that were fixed with SP2.

Daube
November 28th, 2011, 07:00
Well, it should be the exact contrary, in theory.
In FSX and FSX SP1, the transparency of a texture is defined in the same way as in FS9.
In FSX SP2, the transparency is the total opposite to FS9. That's why so many FS9 planes get opaque canopies and props in FSX SP2/Acceleration.

findus
November 28th, 2011, 07:41
Are you using FSX (unpatched), FSX w/SP 1 or FSX w/SP 2?

IIRC SP2 fixed some of the canopy problems. I'm trying to think back almost 4 years now but I seem to recall my AS F-4's had canopy problems in the external view that were fixed with SP2.

I´m using FSX w SP2.