:ques:...

AckAck
September 26th, 2008, 16:42
Is it made of meat? :d

Brian

pointy31
September 26th, 2008, 16:52
:ques:...

Yeah, but you'd probably hafta kill it first....then cook a pot of rice...:costumes:

westview
September 26th, 2008, 17:15
sure, it's a partridge, it's like a pheasant or small turkey. they're pretty good, not a lot of meat though.

Willy
September 26th, 2008, 17:18
Yeah, but you'd probably hafta kill it first....then cook a pot of rice...:costumes:

Pointy, yall cajuns would put rice on a hamburger :d

Panther_99FS
September 26th, 2008, 17:22
sure, it's a partridge, it's like a pheasant or small turkey. they're pretty good, not a lot of meat though.

It's name is that of another bird :mixedsmi:

OBIO
September 26th, 2008, 17:24
Looks like a Prairie Grouse, a Sharp Shinned Prairie Grouse at that. Smallish bird, becoming increasingly rare as the native American Grass Prairie is turned into Strip Malls and housing developments.

OBIO

denisch
September 26th, 2008, 17:48
Mmmmmmmmm.....taste like chicken!

Panther_99FS
September 26th, 2008, 17:50
Mmmmmmmmm.....taste like chicken!

"Lesser Prairie-Chicken" (Tympanuchus pallidicinctus)

gigabyte
September 26th, 2008, 19:11

Hey I resemble that remark... well my last name is Partridge anyway, and there is not a lot of meat on my bones either... we won't get into the "Pretty Good" part the wife would not agree with that... lol

Mike "Ears Hopin" Partridge...

gigabyte
September 26th, 2008, 19:14
OK now for a "Weirdness" question, how did the Edit by Ralph in June 2005 appear at the end of my post???

Craig Taylor
September 26th, 2008, 19:32
OK now for a "Weirdness" question, how did the Edit by Ralph in June 2005 appear at the end of my post???

Eddie's in the space-continuum. Keep your eye out for a Chesterfield floating across the field...:costumes:

Hope the Admins, God bless 'em, get this sorted out. :ernae:

djscoo
September 26th, 2008, 21:23
:icon_lol::isadizzy: hmmm...where's the question:isadizzy:

cheezyflier
September 27th, 2008, 05:25
ralph who? :kilroy:

.....for many years my brother would not eat store bought meat. he lived with me for a year and he is a great cook. anyhow, i have eaten grouse before, think of it as a cornish game hen midget. properly prepared it's good. if not, it's like chewin on the inside of a golf ball covered in grease.

TeaSea
September 27th, 2008, 12:53
Deep fat fry that suckah!

You can eat anything with enough breading!!

cheezyflier
September 27th, 2008, 13:37
Deep fat fry that suckah!

You can eat anything with enough breading!!

truer words are rarely spoken

gigabyte
September 27th, 2008, 17:14
:icon_lol::isadizzy: hmmm...where's the question:isadizzy:

djscoo, Just look one post above my Weirdness question, I repiled with a quote and when it was posted the line "Last Edited by..." was at the bottom of my post, however it had not been edited, and it was time stamped 2005...

:isadizzy:

Jagdflieger
September 27th, 2008, 17:53
I've hunted its larger cousin the Sage Grouse quite a bit and a tip is to shoot the small ones. The larger "bombers" can be a little tough. A crock pot on low setting all day does wonders for them. Wild rice and an orange sauce makes them a most enjoyable meal.

cheezyflier
September 27th, 2008, 18:52
I've hunted its larger cousin the Sage Grouse quite a bit and a tip is to shoot the small ones. The larger "bombers" can be a little tough. A crock pot on low setting all day does wonders for them. Wild rice and an orange sauce makes them a most enjoyable meal.

i am drooling now, and there's no smiley for that!