PDA

View Full Version : Black friday sales to upgrade putter

Jetmechanic
November 23rd, 2011, 19:14
I was wanting to upgrade my computer with a new motherboard, memory and cpu with the great black friday sales. What motherboard cpu and memory does everyone advise that will run FSX smooth as butter. Thanks for the help and looking forward to upgrade asap

N2056
November 23rd, 2011, 19:21
Well, my advice would be to NOT be in a rush and really do the homework. There are a few guys here that really know their stuff, but they might not get to this in time for the Friday Madness. It could be better to perhaps miss that "great deal" that doesn't deliver in the long run. ;)

crashaz
November 24th, 2011, 07:06
I think any discussion has to start with Intel as the CPU.

Jetmechanic
November 24th, 2011, 17:03
Yes sir i was thinking of the I7 processor but not sure of a great motherboard and memory. Any recommendations

crashaz
November 24th, 2011, 22:42
Before you pick the motherboard...need to know which socket version of the i7 you will be getting.

i7 going thru a change... the latest and greatest being the LGA 2011 socket ... most expensive. ($599)

Next is the LGA 1155 ($249-279) Sandy Bridge... partial to these myself

then the LGA 1366 ($229)

After you pick the processor next is the memory which depends on which board you buy... want at least 8GB

1600 MHz memory.

I am a GigaByte board person myself. Lots of features added to the board for the money SATA3 etc..

Lots to consider here.... the budget and then which processor.

crashaz
November 24th, 2011, 22:58
More discussion here:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?58051-OT-Hardware-guru-advice-sought