PDA

View Full Version : I recommend IOBT Game Booster-Defrags FSX as well

papab
November 22nd, 2011, 15:04
I have been using their products for quite some time
I was having long load times starting FSX, selecting aircraft took for ever and loading a flight was just as long
I selected defrag FSX today(part of Game Booster) and it ran for 30 minutes and it completey defraged FSX

My load time starting FSX is 30 % faster
Selecting aircraft is 50% faster
And loading a flight is almost 20% faster
And to boot, Game Booster is FREE!

Give it a try-you will like it

Rick

http://iobit.com/gamebooster.html

EMatheson
November 22nd, 2011, 20:08
Gee, thanks! This is what I've been looking for for ages! Much better in my first few tries than even the illustrious AlaricityPc!

TeiscoDelRay
November 23rd, 2011, 06:06
Be carefull. I set it to boost for a game and then had it revert, well it reverted to all windows services and when I went to shut down windows tried to download 80 updates. I always shut all that stuff off so now I have to go back and turn them all off again.

papab
November 23rd, 2011, 06:08
Sorry you had a problem
I have been using game booster for 2 years a never a problem

I will be careful
Rick

Thoe6969
November 23rd, 2011, 10:33
I use Game Booster as well as their Advanced System Care and both do a super job.

DennyA
November 23rd, 2011, 13:05
They're certainly not free, but the REAL booster for FSX is an SSD drive. It's mind-boggling how much faster it loads.

hurricane3
November 23rd, 2011, 13:28
I don't know but I had the free version and not only the defrag feature but the feature that shuts down backround programs messed up my install of FS9. I lost textures ,sounds, and had to delete the FS9 config file to get things back, then of course I had to redo all my settings.
I downloaded it twice and both times had problems, the feature thats called turboboost really messed things up the worst. I uninstalled Game Booster and went back to using msconfig
As I understand it if you have a fast computer ,like a quad core you don't have to shut down backround programs.
Unfortunatly my computer is ten years old and I have to shut down backround programs or I lose textures.
I had high hopes for Game Booster but won't use it again.
Like I said maybe it's because it was the free version.I'am not knocking the people who have had good results with it, just putting in my two cents on how it worked (or didn't work) for me.

Bruce Thompson
November 23rd, 2011, 15:00
Using Iobit Gamebooster 3 here for over 6 months now and have not had any problems, it's a great addon for FSX users.

I also use their Advanced System Care Pro and Iobit Smart defrag.

peter12213
November 24th, 2011, 08:38
I agree this is an awesome tool with alot of features I use a registered version and it increases FSX performance alot!