PDA

View Full Version : AWESOME SHIP ADDON ALERT!!

Lionheart
November 20th, 2011, 17:29
Well guys,

I downloaded some Star Trek ships tonight, after hanging out at the StarTrekOnline site. Decided to see what we have for ST in X3.

MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I picked up quite a few Federation ships. A guy named Magrathean Monkey has made perhaps 10 or 15 ships, and his work is exceptional. There is another artist there by the name of Kay, and those are very basic, like AI or something, but the others are just awesome...

I picked up the main Starships, none of the shuttles, but I may have to pick up some of those too, as well as some Klingon birds.

Goodness... Its like FS2004 all over again. Its like Christmas!!!

Now to go in and tune them. They require large shipyards to park them at, except for the Oberth, which is a small hauler.

Some of the models picked up;
Galaxy Class (STNG, HUGE)
Nebula Class (Giant saucer thing)
Intrepid Class (Janeways' baby)
Constellation Refit
Ontario Class

Some nice ships...!

Lionheart
November 20th, 2011, 17:42
Romulan Dderidex

Huge.....................! (if you look carefully, you can just see my much used Nemesis parked next to that mass of metal).

The Xenon and the Pirates are going to wet their pants.... :]

pilottj
November 20th, 2011, 18:15
Hey Bill...You need a borg cube, then you can go assimilate those pirates :icon_lol: Nice warbird tho...powered by a forced quantum singularity if my nerdness serves me correct.

gigabyte
November 20th, 2011, 20:09
Nice find Bill, I did have a few ST ships when I was last playing X3, I do remember the Ontario Class, it looks like more have been added since then.

I am just getting things set-up again now, barely started so only a few scripts, no mods or extra ships "yet". I am going to explore the default universe again first before I go mod crazy again, I might have to download Xtended, and Trancend2, but I am not going to fire them up just yet.

marklaur
November 20th, 2011, 23:53
Well guys,

I downloaded some Star Trek ships tonight, after hanging out at the StarTrekOnline site. Decided to see what we have for ST in X3.

MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I picked up quite a few Federation ships. A guy named Magrathean Monkey has made perhaps 10 or 15 ships, and his work is exceptional. There is another artist there by the name of Kay, and those are very basic, like AI or something, but the others are just awesome...

I picked up the main Starships, none of the shuttles, but I may have to pick up some of those too, as well as some Klingon birds.

Goodness... Its like FS2004 all over again. Its like Christmas!!!

Now to go in and tune them. They require large shipyards to park them at, except for the Oberth, which is a small hauler.

Some of the models picked up;
Galaxy Class (STNG, HUGE)
Nebula Class (Giant saucer thing)
Intrepid Class (Janeways' baby)
Constellation Refit
Ontario Class

Some nice ships...!

These look very nice. Could you please post a link to where you downloaded them.
Do you have these these in X3 or X3TC?

Can you let me know how to add ships, and can you spawn them with the cheat menu?

I have just reinstalled X3TC again, to give it another try. I have the cheat mod, now just reading up on it's installation. Every time I have installed this I try to play it vanilla first. But now I think it is time to use cheats and get a bit further.

Regards.

MarkL

Lionheart
November 21st, 2011, 16:53
I am going to explore the default universe again first before I go mod crazy again, I might have to download Xtended, and Trancend2, but I am not going to fire them up just yet.

Sounds wise Mike. Get back into it with brand new eyes. Cant start 3 books at once... Unless you have a mind like Data..

Bill

Lionheart
November 21st, 2011, 16:54
Hey Bill...You need a borg cube, then you can go assimilate those pirates :icon_lol: Nice warbird tho...powered by a forced quantum singularity if my nerdness serves me correct.

You are right! lol... Very rare to meet someone else that knows that cool little detail about Romulan warbirds.

Bill

Lionheart
November 21st, 2011, 17:03
These look very nice. Could you please post a link to where you downloaded them.
Do you have these these in X3 or X3TC?

Can you let me know how to add ships, and can you spawn them with the cheat menu?

I have just reinstalled X3TC again, to give it another try. I have the cheat mod, now just reading up on it's installation. Every time I have installed this I try to play it vanilla first. But now I think it is time to use cheats and get a bit further.

Regards.

MarkL

Hey Mark,

I have these installed into X3TC, with all updates, but no full scale additions such as Apricot. Only the base platform, the main cheat install, and all the Egosoft updates.

You can find the basic installer here. If this crashes, you need to make sure it has VC++ ticked on when you run the installer again for this in the Installer setup window, (scroll down). It may need to repair your existing VC++ if its not proper. Mine wasnt, repaired, worked great after that.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=265915

Next, after you get the Cycrow installer installed and working, go to this page, scroll down to the Star Trek ships. There must be 250 or 300 ships on this menu list of download links. You'll see the ones by MM, listed with his name in the selection sentence for each ship.

Complete List Of XSP Ships (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=274276&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=)

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=274276

I cant believe all the links that guy has for all these ships.

When you go to install with the Cycrow installer, (I got the latest regular, the Beta wouldnt work on mine), you click the lower left bottom on 'Add package' and navigate to the XSP or what ever file you downloaded. The newest Cycrow installer is impressive, will tell you if its compatable with your X3 platform, and later, you can delete it if you like. But, you must have the ship in a different system or location (sector) from where you last saved, or because of the deletion, you might not be able to reopen your last saved point. Bug...

Now, to go setup the other ST ships... Then, its time for high speed Xenon urination pressure testing.

Bill

gigabyte
November 22nd, 2011, 01:53
Hi guys,

BTW Bill, there is a Borg cube on the list...lol

I have two active installs of X3TC running right now and I have installed add on scripts and ships to both with the Plug in Manager, it works great, and I love the fact thay you can deactivate scripts one at a time without removing them if you are troubleshooting.

I have the Xtended Mod running and I have to say it is a blast, the effects are amazing and some real neat add on ships and game starts this time, here is the download link to the full installer and a torrent;

http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/20438-X-Tended-Terran-Conflict-Download-Hub

There is also another mod I am looking at,X3RM, Rebalanced, I am going to give it a trytonight, but it looks good, here is the link for this one;
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=304158

BTW so far all th eships and scripts I have tested are working fine on Xtended, the only bug so far is with the Cycrow Cheat package installed I have to use Autopilot to get gates to work, when I fly throug manually they will not activate? It's minor so I am not going to spend time on looking for a fix right now but keep it in mind if you get into any of the mods.

Bye for now, I have to work today and then it's off to explore the Galaxy in my souped up USS Defiant... live long and prosper...

marklaur
November 22nd, 2011, 23:16
Some good links to ships and mods here. I have to wait one week till I get my limited download quota again to get some of them. I will have to beat my daughter to the downloads next time.

I just wish where I am we could get the cheap unlimited downloads that a lot of people take for granted. If we are a couple of KM from our exchange because of the old copper wiring we can not get good bandwidth except by fiber optic cable which is very expensive. Most of our quota is used by my daughter watching TV over the net, often more than one show in a window at the same time, and listening to the radio over the net at the same time, they call it multitasking. I would go mad with that much happening at the same time :icon_lol:

Cheers MarkL

Lionheart
November 23rd, 2011, 09:20
Hey Mike,

Let us know how it goes.

I have a theory on your gates issue. Do you have 'Collions off'? If so, turn them back on. I think its a game interaction 'contact activation' issue. I couldnt pick up debris last night with a ship that had Collisions off.

Mark,

Where are you? I dont take Internet for granted, thats for sure. Right now, I am trying to get our payment made for this month. With TV Cable, internet, and a phone we never use anymore, its over $300.00 USD. A very HUGE amount of money which I wish I didnt have to pay that much for. It would be nice if Cable was $100.00 or $50.00 a month for Internet. My business needs the best for huge uploads of payware files and roaming the forums in search of FS dev answers.

Bill

Lionheart
November 25th, 2011, 16:49
Well, if anyone gets the big ships, like the Romulan and the Galaxy Class Federation ships, note, if they park next to each other in a HQ on the extended arm docks, they will collide and explode when backing out.

Also, when fitting the Romulan with the transporter device at TerraCorp HQ, note to use 'instant dock' cheat to dock there, and then when disembarking, move straight down via the S key or your wing collides into the giant Terracorp station and everyone goes explodie.

Massive......! Massive....!!!!