PDA

View Full Version : AI Traffic

TeaSea
November 20th, 2011, 04:19
Okay, all my AI traffic is gone again....

To where I do not know.

I've had this before, and as I recall it's a pretty simple fix...anyone remember what it is?

Crusader
November 20th, 2011, 04:47
Okay, all my AI traffic is gone again....

To where I do not know.

I've had this before, and as I recall it's a pretty simple fix...anyone remember what it is?

TeaSea : If you have loaded any scenery or flight plans that contain FS9 type traffic files , from what I've read , they will disable AI in FSX. If you have the excellent freeware program AIFP(AI Flight Planner) it has a function that will find FS9 traffic files and it also has another function to convert them to use in FSX .

Just my suggestion , somebody with more knowledge than me might come up with another reason .

Rich

modelr
November 20th, 2011, 06:39
TeaSea : If you have loaded any scenery or flight plans that contain FS9 type traffic files , from what I've read , they will disable AI in FSX. If you have the excellent freeware program AIFP(AI Flight Planner) it has a function that will find FS9 traffic files and it also has another function to convert them to use in FSX .

Just my suggestion , somebody with more knowledge than me might come up with another reason .

Rich

Crusader is on the right track. Make sure you tell AIFP to look ANYWHERE you may have scenery installed. I even found a stray FS9 flightplan in some I had on another harddrive that I use for testing, and had forgotten to turn off in the library. One single FS9 traffic bgl will shut off ALL other traffic.

TeaSea
November 20th, 2011, 06:48
Thanks guys!!

I just needed a quick memory boost and you guys provided it.

Just as modelr said, I had a stray flight plan out there, ran through the ENTIRE system and found 'em.

At least this forced me to update AIFP, which I had not touched for some time. One of these days I'm going to have to become more familiar with how to use it and create some decent flight plans.