PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki quits motoGP. Nothing unusual for them!

wombat666
November 18th, 2011, 22:08
Friday, 18 November 2011
Suzuki Motor Corporation has decided to suspend temporarily its participation in FIM Road Racing Grand Prix MotoGP from 2012.

Having an eye to returning to MotoGP in 2014, Suzuki will now focus on developing a competitive new racing machine for that class.

Suzuki will continue motocross racing activity and support of road racing activities using mass-produced motorcycles, by obtaining FIM homologation and co-operation with the supplier of its development racing kit parts.

Suzuki Motor Corporation press release

:173go1:

Tako_Kichi
November 19th, 2011, 07:48
If I remember correctly all four Japanese bike makers have pulled out of road racing and returned at some point since the 1960's (sometimes several times). They will be back.

As a teen-aged biker I was always a Suzuki racing fan which was probably influenced by the fact that Barry Sheene rode for them at the time.

wombat666
November 19th, 2011, 07:56
Agreed, but the past two decades has seen rather half hearted performances from Suzuki and Kawasaki, both being part of the same group in Japan.
I hope we see a rapid return, as the new MotoGP regulations would really suit the above manufacturers.
:kilroy: