PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of the ND UH1H...

piperarcherpilot
November 18th, 2011, 16:40
One thing has driven me nuts since I purchased the Nemeth's Huey. The H model has an extremely high and unrealistic shine to it. The C model is fine. I've tried to remove this by editing the spec textures in the "h1" texture folder, but this seems to have no effect on it. I dont know what files to modify to fix it. Hopefully its not part of the model thats causing this issue.

jeansy
November 18th, 2011, 16:59
One thing has driven me nuts since I purchased the Nemeth's Huey. The H model has an extremely high and unrealistic shine to it. The C model is fine. I've tried to remove this by editing the spec textures in the "h1" texture folder, but this seems to have no effect on it. I dont know what files to modify to fix it. Hopefully its not part of the model thats causing this issue.

the layer you want is in the normal texture file not the spec file, otherwise download a 3rd party paint, there's tonnes of them

here is some> http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/category/4-helicopters/page__sort_order__ASC__sort_key__file_name__num__5 0__filter_key__all__st__350

piperarcherpilot
November 18th, 2011, 17:43
Hmm...it effects ALL 3rd party repaints, unfortunately. I've got quite a few!

Actually, it has to do with ND's latest service pack (SP3, aka, patch 1.02).

Heres how I figured it out: I tried reinstalling the whole package from the base release through SP3 (downloaded tonight from their website). At the base release, the helicopter has a flat finish. Installing SP1 and SP2, still flat finish. But...SP3 introduces the shine.

Heres the part I didnt expect. By overwriting the external model files from SP3 with those from SP2, the shine problem is gone. And I dont (so far) see any adverse effects from using an older model file.

So, it is the model, not textures, creating the problem. Strange that this hasn't been brought up yet. It really looks bad to have olive drab paint thats high gloss! So...anyone without a glossy shine on their H models must be running a version prior to SP3.

I'm so glad I finally figured it out!

jeansy
November 18th, 2011, 18:13
Hmm...it effects ALL 3rd party repaints, unfortunately. I've got quite a few!

Actually, it has to do with ND's latest service pack (SP3, aka, patch 1.02).

Heres how I figured it out: I tried reinstalling the whole package from the base release through SP3 (downloaded tonight from their website). At the base release, the helicopter has a flat finish. Installing SP1 and SP2, still flat finish. But...SP3 introduces the shine.

Heres the part I didnt expect. By overwriting the external model files from SP3 with those from SP2, the shine problem is gone. And I dont (so far) see any adverse effects from using an older model file.

So, it is the model, not textures, creating the problem. Strange that this hasn't been brought up yet. It really looks bad to have olive drab paint thats high gloss! So...anyone without a glossy shine on their H models must be running a version prior to SP3.

I'm so glad I finally figured it out!

hmm weird, ive never had that problem

the only drama I had with gloss was with v1.0 and since then after editing the alpha never had a problem even after all the patches, but ND is notorious for going overboard with the nail varnish