PDA

View Full Version : Today's Mystery

sc7500
November 18th, 2011, 13:52
Haven't flown a Quick Combat mission for some time, concentrating on Free Flight tests of converted a/c.

Today I felt like lighting up some Fw-190s and took to the air over Biggin Hill - NO ROLL AXIS OR THROTTLE.

I have nose up and down, but it's stuck on full throttle. Views all work fine, everything else plays.

Tried several different aircraft, no change.

Went back to Free Flight, joystick [a Thrustmaster Hotas X, btw] works flawlessly. Tried it in Single Missions, works fine.

Just not in QC. Even after re-loading the joystick drivers and several reboots. Grrrr...

Any Ideas ?
SC
:kilroy:

sc7500
November 19th, 2011, 17:39
:bump:

Jagdflieger
November 19th, 2011, 21:29
Not a clue here SC. Seems like you've done everything needed to get the joy stick working.

bearcat241
November 20th, 2011, 05:44
I would've hit you back sooner, but i've been waiting for someone to offer something better than the solution i had in mind. Thrustmaster products suck in CFS2...

Back up your CFS2.cfg. Open it in notepad and delete ALL keyboard and joystick sections in the lower third of the file. Restart the sim and allow it rebuild these sections in default formats. Then go into joystick settings and reassign everything, including JOYSTICK SLEW settings if you use the joystick for that also. While you're there, check joystick recalibration as well. Save the redo as "CFS2", the default name which will result in an automatic overwrite of the existing CFS2.cfg. Go to QC and fly a session with the revived joystick settings/assignments and the default keyboard assignments. Do the same in FF. Exit the sim.

Open the backup CFS2.cfg and copy the entire old [KEYBOARD_MAIN] section to your new cfg, overwriting the new [KEYBOARD_MAIN] section. ONLY THE KEYBOARD MAIN - DO NOT BOTHER THE JOYSTICK SECTIONS. This move will restore your old custom keyboard assignments.

sc7500
November 20th, 2011, 12:28
Thanks, Bearcat - I tried copy and pasting the settings from a different working install, but that failed.

Was considering creating a fresh install and just rebuilding the aircraft and scenery stuff. I like your idea better.

I'll give it a try tonight after dinner and will report back - sure would like to know what causes this stuff to happen out of the blue !

Best
SC

sc7500
November 20th, 2011, 14:16
Bearcat hit the nail on the head.

All working once more, and everything is back to "Normal"...!

THANK YOU
SC