PDA

View Full Version : Early morning fire....at my in-law's place

OBIO
November 18th, 2011, 11:47
My brother-in-law and sis-in-law had a fire this morning....luckily not the house. The storage garage out back. Total loss of the building and its contents (2 jet skis, a 4 wheeler, a 4 wheel drive Mule utility wagon thingie, bicycles, a lot of tools). No injuries...thank goodness. They have been informed by their homeowners insurance people that the jet skis, 4 wheeler and Mule loss will not be covered under their policy because those items are considered to be recreational vehicles.....even though Jeff pays a huge premium on the garage under after being told that the items would be covered under the more expensive policy. Yeah, he's not real happy at the moment.

OBIO

Terry
November 18th, 2011, 12:55
Let me get this straight. Your sisters husband married your brothers wife! :isadizzy: They don't need insurance, they need lawyers.

HouseHobbit
November 18th, 2011, 13:05
Good luck to them with the insurance folks..
I am dealing with state farm and having a bad time of it..
From my dear sister's car being rear ended at a light here..
I suffered a back injury from it all..

I do hope all shall work out for them..
I shall hold this in my prayers..

Tako_Kichi
November 18th, 2011, 13:43
Let me get this straight. Your sisters husband married your brothers wife! :isadizzy: They don't need insurance, they need lawyers.
Errrr...no...try his wife's sister and her sister's husband would both be his in-laws.

Regardless of the status Tim I'm sorry to hear the news and hope they get it sorted out OK. Any normal person would think that stuff would be covered under a home owner's policy but I guess the insurance company want to say otherwise.

Those bastrads are always happy to take your money but never happy to pay it back out again! :angryfir:

Terry
November 19th, 2011, 06:31
Errrr...no...try his wife's sister and her sister's husband would both be his in-laws.

:angryfir:

Not in the US, other countries vary. In laws are officially recognized to one step in the US. Your wife's sister's husband is no relation to you. Besides, it doesn't really matter as I was just poking fun.

brad kaste
November 19th, 2011, 06:57
Jet skis and 4 wheelers can always be replaced if need be. Lives cannot be.