PDA

View Full Version : '1 Week To Save Austin'

Panther_99FS
November 17th, 2011, 17:20
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-ecclestone-gives-austin-until-next-week-to-save-us-gp

wombat666
November 17th, 2011, 18:52
"Bernie Ecclestone has stressed that Circuit of the Americas' final chance to save the 2012 US GP will come well before the World Motor Sport Council meeting in New Delhi, India on Dec. 7."
Why bloody India???? Money of course!!!

"Ecclestone made it clear that he held out little hope that the event could be saved, stressing that it all boiled down to lack of finance."
As usual!!!!

“There’s nothing to save. They can’t bloody well pay," Ecclestone said. "What do you want me to do: Wait until next year? To put all our cars on it, run around the circuit and everything and come back with no money? The teams want paying."
As usual!!!!

“It’s not brinkmanship; it never has been with me. I’ve been trying to do a deal now with these people for 18 months or more. ... If they had the money, I’m sure there would be no problem.”
It's ALWAYS been brinkmanship and money. I look forward to reading the Poison Dwarf's Obituary!!!

:angryfir:

Daveroo
November 18th, 2011, 08:26
whats the going rate for a race for F1?..i read the race in austin texas is 25 million USD just to get F1 there...thats outragous....i know F1 has a big fan base and has support..but at those propoter prices...in this economey,,,people are going to just say NO soon...in texas,,they want the texas taxpayers to pay the 25 million ( car and driver mag i think) and then still have to pay HUGE amounts to see the race

hehehehe i didnt read the story first,,,but heck i was right anyway..but ecctheif..errr stone is just a greedy little richman...and he just gets greedier...is see a failure of F1 because of these high prices.or the failure of eccelstone

b52bob
November 18th, 2011, 14:14
Bernie is a real piece of work.......

Wing_Z
November 18th, 2011, 21:11
Bernie's there to put on a show and make lots of money.
But the Constructors value the US market and will keep up the pressure for a US GP.
I hope a decent US GP does get put together, rather than at another eastern hemisphere venue.
But I suspect the F1 Circus may be a bit prissy for the American audience, which would explain why it's not a fixture on the calendar.