PDA

View Full Version : 'Keselowski Fined By NASCAR'

Panther_99FS
November 17th, 2011, 17:19
http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-brad-keselowski-fined-by-nascar/

EasyEd
November 17th, 2011, 19:27
Hey All,

NASCAR's "secret" fines drive me crazy! Speak out Brad! I way prefer the carb to fuel injected. What would the Wood Bros have ever become without their carb genius?

-Ed-

stansdds
November 18th, 2011, 02:48
"We're not doing this because it's better for the teams," Keselowski said last week during an appearance at the NASCAR Hall of Fame . "I don't think we're really going to save any gas. It's a media circus, trying to make you guys happy so you write good stories. It gives them something to promote. We're always looking for something to promote, but the honest answer is it does nothing for the sport except cost the team owners money.

"Cars on the street are injected with real electronics, not a throttle body (like in NASCAR). So we've managed to go from 50-year-old technology to 35-year-old technology. I don't see what the big deal is."

He spoke the truth and the truth cost him $25,000. I agree, the secret penalty stuff is a load of crap. It reminds me of the movie Animal House when Dean Wormer put the fraternity on "double secret probation". As for what Brad said, I agree with him 100%. If NASCAR wants to go to fuel injection then it needs to be port or direct injection. Throttle body injection (TBI) was a system used by auto makers as a bridge between carburetors and port or direct injection systems. There is a reason why TBI went away, it's performance and efficiency was slightly better than a carburetor, but far inferior to port and direct systems. NASCAR will force teams into TBI systems next year, then a few years down the road force them to switch to port systems or maybe go to direct injection. The end result is a tremendous outflow of cash from teams, some teams might not be able to afford the rules changes and will leave the sport.