PDA

View Full Version : 'Stewart vs Edwards'

Panther_99FS
November 17th, 2011, 17:18
http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cup-carl-edwards-tony-stewart-trade-barbs-prior-to-final-nascar-weekend

wombat666
November 17th, 2011, 18:55
Edwards also said Stewart’s past championships carry no weight this weekend. “I don’t know any part of that trophy that makes the car faster this Sunday,” he said. “We’ll see what happens.”

How true!!!

Cazzie
November 17th, 2011, 19:44
Either way, it's two good guys going for the Chump. It's a win-win. I like cuzzin Carl, because he's also a cyclist, but I like Smoke, because he has all the yarballs. I'd like to see Smoke get it, because he is his own team owner and that takes some smoke out of the multi-team owners.

Caz

PRB
November 17th, 2011, 20:10
Either way, it's two good guys going for the Chump. It's a win-win. I like cuzzin Carl, because he's also a cyclist, but I like Smoke, because he has all the yarballs. I'd like to see Smoke get it, because he is his own team owner and that takes some smoke out of the multi-team owners.

Caz

That's the way I see it. I'd like to see Tony to win it, but I think Edwards will. He'll have to do a double back flip if he wins the big trophy.

stansdds
November 18th, 2011, 02:56
It promises to be a good race. Carl has never won a championship, so it would be nice to see him win. Tony is a owner-driver, something that is very rare in NASCAR today, so it would be nice to see a owner-driver win again. Either way, it promises to be a good race.

Of course, if Tony and Carl qualify really poorly, Harvick qualifies on the pole, then Tony and Carl get taken out in the opening laps... Harvick leads the most laps, wins the race... It's a real long shot, but strange things can happen.

Daveroo
November 18th, 2011, 08:39
It promises to be a good race. Carl has never won a championship, so it would be nice to see him win. Tony is a owner-driver, something that is very rare in NASCAR today, so it would be nice to see a owner-driver win again. Either way, it promises to be a good race.

Of course, if Tony and Carl qualify really poorly, Harvick qualifies on the pole, then Tony and Carl get taken out in the opening laps... Harvick leads the most laps, wins the race... It's a real long shot, but strange things can happen.

and harvick does have his on track thugs to work for him in some situations............:kilroy:

Cazzie
November 19th, 2011, 06:00
and harvick does have his on track thugs to work for him in some situations............:kilroy:

I wish SOH had a Like button Dave. :icon_lol:

Harprick is his own thug, I'll turn off the TV before I'll watch that Chump take the trophy.

Caz

stansdds
November 19th, 2011, 09:03
Now, now, it's not all his fault. His wife calls the shots. :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Panther_99FS
November 19th, 2011, 09:55
I like them both so it's a "win/win" situation for me :mixedsmi:

stansdds
November 20th, 2011, 16:46
It was a great race, the two best drivers of the season slugged it out and I think the best driver not only won the championship, but the race as well. Congratulations to Tony Stewart on his third championship in his Sprint Cup career! I think a championship is in Carl's future, he has the talent and the attitude. He came so close this year and that's bound to hurt, but I think it will also give him the inspiration for a championship run next year.

EasyEd
November 20th, 2011, 18:12
Hey All,

I didn't want to jinx anybody but I did sort of have a dog in this fight. Those last 70 laps or so were tough to watch.

I'll say it as simple as possible Anybody but Roush!(well maybe Gibbs too :bump:)

No soup for Roush since his first Championship was thanks to Martin of the blown engine giving a title to Kenseth and Roush - Kurt won it fair the next year though.

That and Carl is a dirty driver with his deliberate no skill no class don't mess with me style of racing. He races clean if nobody bothers him but if you do he's dirty not skilled. The backflips are cool though. Why can't it be Biffle going for it all - now that I could feel 55+% in favor of...

3 time (not 4 or 5 time) Tony did good and it is great to see a small time owner/driver win it all - hasn't happened since the reverse polish K who did it on his own. (Of course without Hendrick engines and chassis and conferring with the whole Hendrick organization where would Tony be..?)

Of course the Frances are happy since it is another championship for Chevrolet who needs no help to survive in the market or in NASCAR...

Congratulations Tony (and ignore those people who are real suspicious of your ability to go from 25th to a race win and Sprint Cup Championship without "help")!!

Tony has never been a real favorite but I'm happy with this win (wish it had been Ryan though).

Now to suffer NASCAR withdrawal...

-Ed-

PS Yeah I'm not happy this isn't 6 for Jimmie or 1 for Brad or Kevin but it is what it is.

Panther_99FS
November 20th, 2011, 19:34
Well...
Jimmie/Chad might have won 5 straight but they never won one like this! (though they have a pretty much unbeatable record in their own right)

The 14 team definitely earned this one!!! - Like one of the commentators stated, this one will go down in history! :icon29::guinness:

Panther_99FS
November 20th, 2011, 19:44
Sorry EasyEd,
But your whole post here sounds "sour-puss".....Even with you "congratulatory" comments...

Hey All,

I didn't want to jinx anybody but I did sort of have a dog in this fight. Those last 70 laps or so were tough to watch.

I'll say it as simple as possible Anybody but Roush!(well maybe Gibbs too :bump:)

No soup for Roush since his first Championship was thanks to Martin of the blown engine giving a title to Kenseth and Roush - Kurt won it fair the next year though.

That and Carl is a dirty driver with his deliberate no skill no class don't mess with me style of racing. He races clean if nobody bothers him but if you do he's dirty not skilled. The backflips are cool though. Why can't it be Biffle going for it all - now that I could feel 55+% in favor of...

3 time (not 4 or 5 time) Tony did good and it is great to see a small time owner/driver win it all - hasn't happened since the reverse polish K who did it on his own. (Of course without Hendrick engines and chassis and conferring with the whole Hendrick organization where would Tony be..?)

Of course the Frances are happy since it is another championship for Chevrolet who needs no help to survive in the market or in NASCAR...

Congratulations Tony (and ignore those people who are real suspicious of your ability to go from 25th to a race win and Sprint Cup Championship without "help")!!

Tony has never been a real favorite but I'm happy with this win (wish it had been Ryan though).

Now to suffer NASCAR withdrawal...

-Ed-

PS Yeah I'm not happy this isn't 6 for Jimmie or 1 for Brad or Kevin but it is what it is.

wombat666
November 20th, 2011, 21:24
"No soup for Roush since his first Championship was thanks to Martin of the blown engine giving a title to Kenseth and Roush - Kurt won it fair the next year though."

Not the old 'Dead Horse' routine again ............ :173go1:

eddie
November 21st, 2011, 04:08
Didn't Jimmy,Jeff,Dale Jr, and Mark have access to the whole Hendrick organization too? And if so, what the hell happened? Why didn't they win?

Terry
November 21st, 2011, 04:18
The biggest question I have is why did Smoke spend the first 26 events running at about 85% of his potential? Looks like he needs special inspiration in order to do his best!

Daveroo
November 21st, 2011, 08:41
whats sad is..carl ran good all year yet hes the bad guy once again....as far as carl being a dirty driver...he and bad brad comes to mind..well when a guy like brad pushes and pushes...well you only take so much and then you wreck em to show em whos boss ,,,look at brad this year..hes a differant guy and you can thank carl for that,carl wouldnt put up with his crap and put him in his place....tony has wrecked many people in his carrear,,blatantly...remember the the comment last week? id wreck my mother to win? carl didnt say that TONY DID, a few years ago tony was whining about the rookies at daytona and all the pushing they were doing,kept whining they were going to hurt someone and the second lap of the 500 he gave kenseth a shove and pushed him down into the infield at 200 miles per hour......did excatly what he saidthe rookies do and should be parked for..and does anyone remember the day tony parked his indy car( or cart,i dont watch either series) at the flag stand and got out crying because he was "wronged" in a offical call which cost him ?
hes a wuss

Panther_99FS
November 21st, 2011, 16:42
Edwards finished the Chase with an average finish of 4.9, the best in Chase history but couldn’t overcome Stewart because of Stewart’s victories, a jaw-dropping number that proved insurmountable even with Edwards on top of his game.

:applause::applause::applause:

PRB
November 24th, 2011, 12:15
Well, I watched that final race, most of it anyway. I'm a terrible sports fan. I gave up on Tony winning the championship half way through that race. It was done, Carl Edwards had won it. Tony was having problem after problem, his car mired in mid-pack, when he managed to drive up there after being sent to the back after pit crappy stops and car parts flying through the grill. Carl was leading every lap. I stopped watching, then returned with 20 to go, to the end... Has any championship ever ended with a tie? That was amazing. Everyone is focused on the fact that Tony is the first owner/driver to win a championship since 1992, but has any season ever ended in a tie? Carl was a class act. I felt heart-broken for him, even though I wanted Tony to win. He did everything he could possibly do. As for Jimmie Johnson, hats off to that organization. We may never see anything like that again. And he'll probably win it next year too, he isn't done winning championships... Kyle Busch runs like heck every year, makes the chase, then disintegrates. Weird. Kurt Busch needs counseling. Or something.

stansdds
November 25th, 2011, 05:06
This was the first championship that ended with the points being tied and NASCAR using the number of wins in the season to break the tie.