PDA

View Full Version : Medals or points: Here's your chance to vote!

Ferry_vO
December 15th, 2008, 12:48
http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2008/12/8775.html

:)

wombat666
December 16th, 2008, 03:51
Been there and done that!
:banghead:
Bernie ....................you idiot!

Panther_99FS
December 16th, 2008, 18:55
I find it interesting that Max Mosely has quietly brushed away his controversey & is no longer the center of attention

IanP
December 18th, 2008, 13:27
I find it interesting that Max Mosely has quietly brushed away his controversey & is no longer the center of attention

That's because it was never really a controversy outside the nattering Daily Heil class of bored housewives. The story was proven false in a court of law. That's all there is to it. End of story. One of the few acts of judicial common sense I've seen recently in this country!

I've voted as well. Bernie, you're an idiot. Get the hell out and let F1 become a motorsport rather than your personal plaything!

Ian P.

Panther_99FS
December 18th, 2008, 20:44
That's because it was never really a controversy outside the nattering Daily Heil class of bored housewives.
Ian P.

Sorry but I have to disagree 100% here...

When the discussion was aired by the mainstream news media (outside of the racing news channels), this is hardly a "bored housewives" controversy....

Yes, it was proven false in court and it's now over but the bottom line is that it was global mainstream news....As a matter of fact, you could debate that Max's event received more coverage globally than this current issue of medals replacing points...:)

IanP
December 22nd, 2008, 00:41
It was "global mainstream news" because a cow crossing the road, or a pop star changing hairstyles, is "global mainstream news" now. How else, other then malicious gossip, endless non-reporting of old facts and baseless conjecture, do you fill so many 24-hour "news" and "reality TV" channels? :)

Ian P.

Panther_99FS
December 22nd, 2008, 21:24
Hey,
I'm just the messenger here...(It wasn' me that caused the story to reach global proportions) - ;)

wombat666
December 22nd, 2008, 21:32
I agree to a certain point Ian, but of course, Ed is right.
Once it hit the mainstream media the story took off globally!
And let's face it, the great unwashed (aka "The Bastard Public") lapped it up.
It was NOT the sort of publicity that any business or 'sport' needs.
:kilroy:

IanP
December 23rd, 2008, 01:29
So now we can stop talking about it and concentrate on yelling at Bernie to stop fiddling with things instead of Mosely. :173go1::icon_lol:

Ian P.

Panther_99FS
December 23rd, 2008, 15:13
It's pretty much useless to vent against either Bernie or Max because you won't get anywhere..:kilroy:

Ferry_vO
December 23rd, 2008, 15:30
The problem with both is that there just doesn't seem to be anyone willing to fiull their positions should they ever retire...

Cazzie
January 1st, 2009, 16:25
The problem with both is that there just doesn't seem to be anyone willing to fiull their positions should they ever retire...

Relax pals, both Bernie and Max have one foot on a banana peel and the other on an oil slick, neither will be around much longer. Question is, will F-1 be around without them?

Caz

wombat666
January 1st, 2009, 21:54
Caz, it's not around WITH them!

Cazzie
January 2nd, 2009, 05:44
Caz, it's not around WITH them!

You got that right. I just remember how much we hated Jean Baptiste way back when and how much we scapegoated him too. F-1 has always been a rich man's game in a poor man's country, now they've taken the poor man and his country out of the picture.

I have followed F-1 for as long as NASCAR and it is such a shame to watch both go down the road to mediocrity because TV and the corporate rich wants more viewers.

Caz