PDA

View Full Version : ADE help

XLR8
November 17th, 2011, 05:34
Got every thing loaded up for ADE to work and even edited a airport.Compiled the edited airport and saved it.My question is after saving it,where do I put the file to work.

roger-wilco-66
November 17th, 2011, 05:57
Best thing is to make 2 new directories under FSX\addon scenery\ like for example \mydirectory\scenery\ ("scenery" is mandatory) and activate it in the FSX scenery library. Then drop the bgls in there. If you have custom textures you also need to open a new \texture\ directory parallel to the scenery dir and drop the texture files in there.

Did you make changes to the elevation of the airport? Then you have to move the entry to a certain point in the library in order to make it work.

Cheers,
Mark

Tako_Kichi
November 17th, 2011, 06:25
Another way, which is what I do, is to set up a scenery folder outside of FSX (in my case 'F:/FSX Scenery/') and then create sub-folders for each scenery area.

As the OP stated each sub-folder would then need a folder called 'Scenery' and your .bgl files go in there, any custom textures go into the 'Texture' folder in the sub-folder. Once you have the folders/files in place you activate them in FSX as normal.

XLR8
November 17th, 2011, 06:52
I think I understand,and will give it a try.All I'm doing right now is simple stuff like change asphalt to concrete and and a taxiway.As I'm in the pre-learning stages.

XLR8
November 17th, 2011, 08:44
Good news I got it to work.Just a simple taxiway change but its a start.Now the bad news.When I use instant scenery 2,it crashes FSX.Any ideals on this.

Tako_Kichi
November 17th, 2011, 09:19
Good news I got it to work.Just a simple taxiway change but its a start.Now the bad news.When I use instant scenery 2,it crashes FSX.Any ideals on this.
I tried Instant Scenery a few years ago but never really liked it. As you are using ADE you don't really need Instant Scenery anyway as you can place models and library objects using ADE. I released a large airport package at the start of this year and placed over 200 individual building and vehicle models (most created by myself but I did use a few 'stock' FSX items) and all model placement was done in ADE. Here is a link to some screenshots of my airport to give you an idea of what you can do with ADE once you get the hang of using it.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?47635-Coming-S**n-to-FSX!

XLR8
November 17th, 2011, 18:38
I just wanted to say thanks to all,for the help and recommendation of the great software program.ADE is really neat to use,although I'm still learning it.I have placed taxiways,runways,resurface,and placed buildings with it.My next learning part is the traffic part of it.My goal (if possible)is to redo Carswell JRB.