PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit Sound

dexthom
November 15th, 2011, 04:16
I have recently installed FSX on a new machine. Everything works fine except the sound. From Spot view, external to the aircraft, the sound is fine. When in the cockpit, there is no engine sound, I hear a
low sound that sounds like the wind. Has anyone encountered this problem, if so what is the fix for it. Sort of strange flying with no engine sound. I have tried several aircraft and it is the same.

OleBoy
November 15th, 2011, 04:27
I've noticed the same at times. Try hitting the 'Q' button once to mute, and again to unmute. I read somewhere that it has to do with the default aircraft. It makes no sense to me, but seems to work most of the time. For instance when you still hear the engine sounds after shutting down.

dexthom
November 15th, 2011, 05:07
Thanks for your reply. I had tried turning the sound off and on and that does not work for me. The external sounds are fine, just no sound in the cockpit.

OleBoy
November 15th, 2011, 09:37
Hmm, well, it would help to know what aircraft you are referring too. Then if anyone has that particular plane that could test, you may get a quicker solution.

GaryGB
November 15th, 2011, 09:38
Hi Dexter:

Have you checked "Sound" settings in FSX > Options to adjust volume control sliders for Engine and Cockpit vs. Environment etc. ? :confused:

Additionally, be sure FSX and Windows "Speaker settings" are the same ex: Desktop Stereo Speakers vs. Surround Sound etc. :iidea:

PS: Be sure BIOS settings / Windows drivers for operating "mode" of any Audio integrated on the motherboard are also set up properly.

If using 5.1 or 7.1 "Surround Sound", be sure a Center Speaker is actually connected or engine (and panel ?) sounds may be missing.

Hope this helps ! :mixedsmi:

GaryGB

dexthom
November 15th, 2011, 10:50
Thanks for the tips Gary. I only have default aircraft on here at the moment. I am running with X Fi Extreme audio. I'll play some more and see what I can come up with.

N2056
November 15th, 2011, 10:54
Do you have a headset plugged in?

dexthom
November 15th, 2011, 12:41
Do you have a headset plugged in?

No headset, if there was one I would not have any sound. I was getting sounds in spot view. Gary identified the problem, center speakers were not configured properly!

Thanks for the tips.