PDA

View Full Version : BlutWerks has a special offer

Baron von Blutwurst
October 2nd, 2008, 13:20
I have released my DFW T28 Floh for FS9 at $7usd with a special offer for my first 100 customers. They will recieve a "Free" upgrade package for FSX when I have that package completed.

Click my sig or visit www.BlutWerks.com (http://www.BlutWerks.com) for more info or to get in on the ground floor with this.:ernae:

Ferry_vO
October 2nd, 2008, 13:53
Thanks for the offer Randy, I was planning to get this anyway!

:applause::d

Baron von Blutwurst
October 2nd, 2008, 14:01
No problem Ferry...I liked the idea of the "Buy one get one free" and couldn't resist doing it. :)

I did post up a repaint for it this morning here at the OutHouse too.

Cheers
Randy

JT8D-9A
October 2nd, 2008, 14:05
Great work!:applause:
Looking forward to the FSX update :ernae:

GeorgeM
October 2nd, 2008, 17:16
I like it! How do we know if 100 people have already bought? Is the offer good as long as it's on the site?

Either way I'm definitely in for one of these, but I'll wait for the FSX version if the offer is over.

MCDesigns
October 2nd, 2008, 18:07
Very cool, thanks for the HU! :ernae:

Baron von Blutwurst
October 2nd, 2008, 20:16
Thanks for the responses guys.:ernae:

I'll remove the offer from the my website when it has expired, there's still time left though.:d I have created a "First 100" database to keep track of the offer and will send the FSX package to those people upon completion of the FSX version.

Cheers
Randy

JT8D-9A
October 3rd, 2008, 06:29
Has Robert (BananaBob) already made a new prop?

EDIT: and does someone know what this strange thing is at the right tire?
I only converted the textures to DDS (DXT5).

Baron von Blutwurst
October 3rd, 2008, 07:55
Hi Nils, that looks look a Graphics Driver glitch m8. I havent ran into this ever and none of my Beta Testers did either. I never tried to convert the textures to DDS format and the models materials list is all DXT.bmp. I'm not sure if this would cause the issue, you may want to revert to standard FS9 format again with the textures and see if that is the problem.

I'm not sure if BB made a prop for it yet. He does have the plane, so you never know.:d

Cheers
Randy

Baron von Blutwurst
October 3rd, 2008, 09:07
Hi Nils,

I just took her for a couple of jaunts in FSX with the stock texture sets and I could not get it to exhibit the discrepency that is evident in your screenie. If you revert to the original textures and still have the issue, feel free to email me and let me know so I can look into it further m8.:ernae:

Cheers
Randy

guzler
October 3rd, 2008, 10:35
Was that a real plane or was it a star in "Catch the Pidgeon" ? !

Baron von Blutwurst
October 3rd, 2008, 10:56
Hi Guzler...it was a real plane m8...google DFW T.28 Floh and check it out.

Cheers
Randy

JT8D-9A
October 3rd, 2008, 11:11
Thanks Randy, i guess i haven't paid my ticket^^
No, i think it only happens when i convert the textures. I had a similar problem with the CLS F-117.
So, not your fault, no problem!
It's really a cool plane. Love the VC and how she flies.
I only hope Robert will make one of his excellent props.:ernae:

Baron von Blutwurst
October 3rd, 2008, 11:34
No problem Nils and thanks for the heads up too....better to know now than later IMO. :ernae:

Cheers
Randy

will_b
October 3rd, 2008, 12:34
Very cool. I'll be looking forward to the FSX version.:wiggle:

GeorgeM
October 3rd, 2008, 15:36
Thanks for the info, I just grabbed this one. What a cool little plane, though it's a bear to taxi. The upper wings so completely block the forward view on the ground that even s-turns don't help much. With TrackIR I can lift myself off my chair enough to just peek over the nose. I have no idea how people taxied these things in real life.

Nice job on the documentation too. The flying tips are a must read (for me anyway). This thing's a handful.

By the way, I used Imagetool to convert the textures to DXT5 DDS with no mips, and I don't get the anomaly that Nils does. I did change the .bmp references in the model file to .dds, but I tested the dds textures before and after doing that and they worked fine both ways.

Baron von Blutwurst
October 3rd, 2008, 15:44
Thanks George,:ernae: I'm glad you are having fun with it. Good job on the texture conversion too m8.:applause:

Cheers
Randy

JT8D-9A
October 4th, 2008, 00:30
By the way, I used Imagetool to convert the textures to DXT5 DDS with no mips, and I don't get the anomaly that Nils does. I did change the .bmp references in the model file to .dds, but I tested the dds textures before and after doing that and they worked fine both ways.

Thanks George! Now, i have found the error. I did the same, but i simply replaced "BMP" with "DDS" in the model.
But there is one single "BMP" entry in the model, which doesn't belong to a texture and which will be also renamed and i guess that is causing the problem.
Now, i replaced the complete file names (e.g. "Lower_Rwing_t.bmp" to "Lower_Rwing_t.dds") and it's working perfectly.

GeorgeM
October 4th, 2008, 01:07
But there is one single "BMP" entry in the model, which doesn't belong to a texture and which will be also renamed and i guess that is causing the problem.
Ha, what are the odds? I included the period in the search (i.e., ".bmp") to reduce the chance of a false match.

Glad you got it working, this is the coolest little plane.

Baron von Blutwurst
October 4th, 2008, 17:20
I'm glad you folks got that sorted out..lol:d:applause:

I'm busy working on the full X version hardcore now.:ernae:

Cheers
Randy

BananaBob
October 4th, 2008, 21:15
This little gem is really fun! I'll take some shots and of course Nils, I'll provide an alternative prop.:ernae:

Baron von Blutwurst
October 5th, 2008, 05:57
I'll be looking forward to that too Bob. I'm glad you are having fun with it bro. :ernae::d

Cheers
Randy

JT8D-9A
October 12th, 2008, 10:23
Thanks for the great repaint, Huub! :applause:
Flea circus:d

huub vink
October 12th, 2008, 13:00
You're welcome Nils, nice shots! Why do your clouds look much better in FSX then my clouds?

I have already an idea for the next repaint, but have not yet started.

Huub

JT8D-9A
October 13th, 2008, 05:50
Thanks, Huub! I guess my clouds are looking better because i use FEX.
If you are using FEX too, you should try a new theme :d
Looking forward to see more flea repaints from you.

SpaceWeevil
October 13th, 2008, 10:22
I didn't even know the DFW T.28 Floh existed until I saw it here. It kind of proves what I've long thought, that FS is so much more than a slightly nerdy hobby. It makes a real contribution to preserving aviation heritage, especially at the less fashionable end of the scale. Big thanks to Randy for this little slice of history.

Baron von Blutwurst
October 21st, 2008, 06:05
I totally agree Weevil...That historic aspect is the most fun of FS for me. It's a blast researching these overlooked birds.:ernae:

Cheers
Randy