PDA

View Full Version : What is "Object Placer"?

Helldiver
November 14th, 2011, 09:46
Is Object Placer a program and where do you get it?

OleBoy
November 14th, 2011, 09:50
I think this is my best approach to an answer. The top most link will head you in the right direction. http://www.google.com/search?q=object+placement+for+FSX&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Helldiver
November 14th, 2011, 10:15
I guess it's too complicated for me. I just wanted to set the airplanes in 2B2 Plum Island airport that belong there.

falcon409
November 14th, 2011, 11:32
I guess it's too complicated for me. I just wanted to set the airplanes in 2B2 Plum Island airport that belong there.
In very general terms Helldiver, once you have an Object Placer (a utility that allows you to place scenery objects), and there are many that do that, then you would have to have either the specific airplanes you want to place converted to scenery objects (bgl's), or use another utility to convert your own airplanes into AI traffic and place them on parking spots you designate in the AFCAD.

The immediate problem is that without some previous knowledge of how to place objects, how to convert models to scenery objects and how to set up AI traffic. . . .it would not be a simple process. Not saying it isn't something you can do, but it's not a process that you do by installing an object placement tool and having the aircraft in your scenery a few hours later.:salute:

scott967b
November 14th, 2011, 14:32
You might want to have a look at ObPlacer XML instead, at fsdeveloper.com

scott s.